Easter and Paganism

“I like to rip girls apart”

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 31, 2013
Does anyone know the link between Easter and Paganism?
lila

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 31, 2013
The spring equinox possibly
bad christian

Madisonville, KY

#3 Mar 31, 2013
Jack the Rip_per wrote:
Does anyone know the link between Easter and Paganism?
To the best of my knowledge there isn't any connection there.
lila

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 31, 2013
Ostara Sabbat
Okay

Dawson Springs, KY

#5 Mar 31, 2013
Easter = Ishtar = Isis so yes Easter is pagan but resurrection is the lords
Okay

Dawson Springs, KY

#6 Mar 31, 2013
Yes and it's about the why unix like Christmas
Okay

Dawson Springs, KY

#7 Mar 31, 2013
Equinox

Level 1

Location hidden

#8 Mar 31, 2013
lila wrote:
The spring equinox possibly
Good job.

Just another holiday stolen from the pagans.
bad christian

Madisonville, KY

#9 Mar 31, 2013
I knew Christians took holidays from paganism. I didn't realize Easter was one if them.
yup

Tucker, GA

#10 Mar 31, 2013
Yup

Level 1

Location hidden

#11 Mar 31, 2013
bad christian wrote:
I knew Christians took holidays from paganism. I didn't realize Easter was one if them.
One of the many.
pay attention

Owensboro, KY

#12 Mar 31, 2013
Okay wrote:
Easter does not equal Ishtar. However, when one would pronounce Ishtar, it would sound more like Eeshtar. Think along the line of their/there. Same pronunciation, different spellings.
Here's 2 links to help

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/03...

http://bellejarblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/...
pay attention

Owensboro, KY

#13 Mar 31, 2013
The name “Easter” has its roots in ancient polytheistic religions (paganism). On this, all scholars agree. This name is never used in the original Scriptures, nor is it ever associated biblically with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For these reasons, we prefer to use the term “Resurrection Sunday” rather than “Easter” when referring to the annual Christian remembrance of Christ's resurrection.

Most reference books say that the name “Easter” derived from the Eastre, the Teutonic goddess of Spring. Although this relationship exists, in reality, the origin of the name and the goddess are far more ancient - going all the way back to the Tower of Babel. The origin begins not long after the biblical Flood.
Okay

Dawson Springs, KY

#14 Mar 31, 2013
pay attention wrote:
The name “Easter” has its roots in ancient polytheistic religions (paganism). On this, all scholars agree. This name is never used in the original Scriptures, nor is it ever associated biblically with the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For these reasons, we prefer to use the term “Resurrection Sunday” rather than “Easter” when referring to the annual Christian remembrance of Christ's resurrection.
Most reference books say that the name “Easter” derived from the Eastre, the Teutonic goddess of Spring. Although this relationship exists, in reality, the origin of the name and the goddess are far more ancient - going all the way back to the Tower of Babel. The origin begins not long after the biblical Flood.
exactly queen Ishtar King nimrod
pay attention

Owensboro, KY

#15 Mar 31, 2013
The Babylonians carried on the tradition with Ishtar (Astarte to the Phoenicians), their goddess of love and reproduction. Incorporated into this was the egg -- both as a sign of fertility and a reminder of the myth that Ishtar was hatched out of a huge egg that fell into the Euphrates River. In Egypt, Isis was the goddess of motherhood and fertility, and rabbits were symbols of birth and life. It is plain as to the origin of eggs and rabbits as symbols of Easter.

Here's another fun fact. A woman who gets pregnant around Easter will give birth around Christmas & New Years!
lila

Owensboro, KY

#16 Mar 31, 2013
Okay wrote:
Ishtar is also known as inanna

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anybody but me 15 min Cousin Bill 13
wbkr 27 min SallyB 26
Sherry Stallings 38 min Sun City Center t... 3
Creeper taking pics of girls 40 min Sun City Center t... 6
Who is that incredibly sexy brunette who works ... (Aug '11) 42 min Sun City Center t... 5
William Blake 1 hr Cody 16
rob hart still cheating (Sep '12) 1 hr Brucebruce 3

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages