Friend

Hopkinsville, KY

#23 Apr 1, 2013
orlfla wrote:
Just as I thought. Several hits coming around the same time from the same area, Kentucky. Then, out of the blue, and ad for someone who wants to sign you up for directv. No, not today. I don't play that game.
What game do you play? Doucheball people like you have problems.
m gilbert

Bixby, OK

#24 May 18, 2013
Just wondering wrote:
We are considering switching from Dish Network to DIRECTV. However, I am starting to hear from a few people about issues with DIRECTV losing signal during bad weather. Can anyone tell me if that is an issue from past years that has been resolved by DIRECTV or if it is an ongoing problem? We have had Dish Network for a few years now and have had very few problems with losing signal.
Only reason I can think of any satellite loosing a signal is due to signal strength,, and if the dish itself is not aligned perfectly with the signal strength being in the 90s on all transponders or as close to it as possible then yio will loose your signal during inclimate weather,,,,if yiou live in a snow area the dish will accumulate snow on the dish and it needs to be brushed off carefully,, during hard rains u an loose signal no matter who you use..but as long as the dish is aligned properly it wont be very long.... so main thing is to make sure the dish is aligned to perform at its best..no matter who you use,,,
m gilbert

Bixby, OK

#25 May 18, 2013
Ive had both wrote:
Dish is better for the money. I have direct cuz dish doesn't offer the MLB season package. Direct receivers are incredibly slow like an old dial up computer. No joke.
Ive had directv for 13 years and you save 5 a month with dish for the programming but directv has or is more sports oriented as u have indicated along wioth the NFL sunday ticket,,, its just ashame that tv has gone to such a paid per view even for basic tv
Anonymous

Akron, OH

#26 May 18, 2013
Dish is running some specials now
uncle hornet

Owensboro, KY

#27 May 18, 2013
Dish sucks.Had directv for over 10 years then I tried dish because they had a special.As soon as my time was up I was back with directv.The dish channels were all over the place. I hated the customer service. I just regretted every minute I was with Dish.
CDN

St. John's, Canada

#28 May 25, 2013
if anyone would be willing to send me a Dish Network Smart Card I would appreciate it ! E-mail me at jfoley85@hotmail.ca
AnneW

Yakima, WA

#29 May 30, 2013
Rosie wrote:
My 2 year committment with DirectTV is up and I see that my bill has jumped $20. Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower rate after their committment is over or don't they care? We were DISH customers for more than 10 years and when we tried to negotiate a lower rate, they didn't care, so we switched.$150/month for TV is crazy!
Yep, look at the HD fee. Mine went from $10 a month for two TV's to $10 PER TV. Plus the package increase. We're switching to Dish, getting two Hoppers and two Joeys, and HD is free. Good thing now that we have 4 TV's! They did offer me an upgrade to a Genie but I want to pay for tv, not the quality of the picture.
Wayne

Portland, OR

#30 Jun 7, 2013
Yes ours does that all the time a when it rains..
FloRida

Pompano Beach, FL

#31 Jun 26, 2013
just switched fromd dish to u-verse..what a mistake..picture quality is poor and channels are spead apart and hard to find. gonna make a switch to direct tv or back to dish...stay awy from u verse if picture quality is important to you.
Level 2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#32 Jun 26, 2013
I was considering a dish..I got to researching the mand I have come to the conclusion that I am going to purchase the dish and receiver and not pay anyone any monthly rates!!!!!
les

Springfield, MO

#33 Aug 5, 2013
I love tv... I've delt with Mediacom, Time Warner, Charter , multiple universities' systems, comcast, Uverse, and DISH.

Dish and Direct will both go out when there is a storm front going directly over. No difference. That's part of having satellite.

My biggest beef is how Direct treated me (when i was shopping around), as if like they were working on commission, and got frustrated with my inquiries without committing to THEIR sale.

I actually had one DIRECT guy hang up on me when I was asking about "Center Ice" (Hockey coverage).

I went with Dish... again. DIRECT solicitors come to my door every couple of months. One was so rude, I was ready to call the police. He asked about the clearly visibly marked DISH sat dish on my house then demanded... "Show me your bill, I don't believe that price. Let me know when you wake up to reality!"... he yelled at me then stomped off. It was cray cray.
really

United States

#34 Aug 5, 2013
Dish network is the best, direct us toooo pricey
:)

Henderson, KY

#35 Aug 5, 2013
Directv is who I use... LOVE IT!!!!
Never any issues.
stimpy

Owensboro, KY

#36 Aug 5, 2013
Ive had them both. Had Dish Network for 5 years before switching to Directv about 8 months ago. Dish networks menu and guide is way more user friendly. Other than that, Directv beats them in every other area. Including programming, price and customer service. I've called them at least 4 times and every time I talked to someone, I could understand them perfectly (not an Indian) and they were really nice and helpful. That means a lot these days.
Dish

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Aug 10, 2013
IF YOUR THINKING OF SWITCHING, DONT! DISH IS WAY BETTER IN EVERY WAY. MORE HD CHANNELS (arguable but true). BETTER SERVICE, MORE FEATURES, AND NOT TO MENTION CHEEPER!💵&#128 181;
Bigdmills

Apache Junction, AZ

#39 Aug 18, 2013
I called Direct Tv and told them I needed to downgrade my services. I was offered a movie package at a discount rate after the 3 month special rate. I called again and they took 20.00 off my bill for 6 months. Call them ! They will work with you!
Rosie wrote:
My 2 year committment with DirectTV is up and I see that my bill has jumped $20. Has anyone been able to negotiate a lower rate after their committment is over or don't they care? We were DISH customers for more than 10 years and when we tried to negotiate a lower rate, they didn't care, so we switched.$150/month for TV is crazy!
clark

Chicago, IL

#40 Sep 3, 2013
I'm a dish network tech, and what I found to be true of both providers is that the quality of service depends on how good a job the installer did. If you loose signal with just a little rain, somethings noot righ.
tom

United States

#41 Sep 3, 2013
Direct tv is terrible they only have a 24 hour grace period so if you decide to disconnect after only 24 hours of getting new service with them they will charge you a ton of money. When I mean a ton I am talking like $400+
MAZS

Gaithersburg, MD

#42 Sep 4, 2013
I had dish and switched to directv 10/2011, the picture is much better but any little rain and a loose the signal. My contract is up next month and i'm considering going back to dish, but the quality of the picture worries me. Any improvement on the department lately?
Thanks
Drew

New York, NY

#43 Sep 5, 2013
Dish smish wrote:
<quoted text>
After looking into the direct tv whole house DVR, I won't be able to have as many rooms as I do now.
Guess I'm just stuck with what I have. First world problems right?
Are you going to use the TV in all of your rooms at once? The reason I ask is bc the directTV receivers other than the genie are wireless, so you can move them where you want as long as you have a tv and a power source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Find yourself a single man 19 min More Truth 9
Tasha Shreve 20 min Tasha Shreve 13
Holly Morris (Mar '12) 20 min old friend 4
Motel 6 m4m 21 min Twp 2
3rd Chance Auto 23 min just wanted a goo... 4
Dennis Howard of Lighthouse is a joke! 24 min Dr Pill 2
Southern Little League 46 min Ballparent 53
Dr. Randall King 5 hr Not happy 15

Flood Watch for Daviess County was issued at March 03 at 4:13PM EST

Owensboro Dating