Realtors to avoid
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Home owner

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 15, 2013
We have our house FSBO, but all these realtors keep knocking on our door! Are some worse than others?
To much harassment

Owensboro, KY

#2 Sep 15, 2013
Home owner wrote:
We have our house FSBO, but all these realtors keep knocking on our door! Are some worse than others?
When we were selling our home we were going to find a realtor that didn't knock on our door. Who wants to get a realtor that is constantly knocking on your door or leaving things on your door?? If I want to use you as my realtor I will call you. We ended up selling our by owner. Good luck!
21 Swing?

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2013
To much harassment wrote:
<quoted text>When we were selling our home we were going to find a realtor that didn't knock on our door. Who wants to get a realtor that is constantly knocking on your door or leaving things on your door?? If I want to use you as my realtor I will call you. We ended up selling our by owner. Good luck!
Yes why would you want someone to work for you that actually wants your business? I agree call someone out of the blue thats a good idea. Then wonder why your house doesn't sell

Level 3

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Sep 16, 2013
Realtors spend their time getting listings, because they will get paid no matter who sells the home. Do not ever use a realtor, sell it yourself, and hire a good real estate attorney for the paperwork. Around Owensboro, the listing agents seldom sell the property, they are too busy knocking on doors to get new listings.
Home owner

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2013
hurts donit wrote:
Realtors spend their time getting listings, because they will get paid no matter who sells the home. Do not ever use a realtor, sell it yourself, and hire a good real estate attorney for the paperwork. Around Owensboro, the listing agents seldom sell the property, they are too busy knocking on doors to get new listings.
We want it on the MLS and will be using a realtor to purchase a new home (already found several we love on the Internet). I'm not looking for advice on selling my home FSBO, I'm just wondering if anyone has horror stories and who to avoid. Thanks
To much harassment

Owensboro, KY

#7 Sep 16, 2013
[QUOTE who="21 Swing?"]<quoted text>
Yes why would you want someone to work for you that actually wants your business? I agree call someone out of the blue thats a good idea. Then wonder why your house doesn't sell[/QUOTE]

We sold our home without a realtor, so no we won't be wondering why ours didn't sell. OH NOW WHAT????

Level 3

Location hidden

#8 Sep 17, 2013
You can get it on MLS without using relator. Use Zillow. I am advising you to avoid them all, they all suck around Owensboro.
Home owner

United States

#10 Sep 17, 2013
No, you can't get it on there. I've already called the office.
Hunter Thompson

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2013
I'd like to see realtors go out of business, they do very little for what they're paid,

Level 3

Location hidden

#12 Sep 18, 2013
Put it on Zillow, it will show up on all online searches. The MLS listings also show up on Zillow. What office did you call, a realtor? ahhahahaah and they said no, it won't show up unless you pay us 6% commission ....hahahahaha good one...
Home owner

Owensboro, KY

#13 Sep 18, 2013
No, I called owensboromls.com .
Its on zillow and all i get are people "just looking" I'm not trying to argue with you, but I do want to use a realtor for many reasons. I don't mind to pay the commission for someone else to do the work.
I don't have the time and need their professional services to sell my home.

We have sold many homes in Indiana, but need someone in town.
realtor

United States

#14 Sep 18, 2013
We do not do "very little" for what we are paid for...some of us actually enjoy what we do and go above and beyond to sell your home and get you the best deal on a new home. I just had a closing the other day that was extremely stressful and difficult to get everything to that closing table! The buyers sellers and loan officers would tell u that if it weren't for me It would not have happened. We can get you on the mls...which you cannot do yourself, we pay a very large amount of moneyfor that privilege, and it is where ALL realtors look if they have a client looking for a home. Zillow and trulia are not the mls. And even though you may think u don't need us to sell your home...buyers almost always use realtors because it makes their lives easier, so if all the buyers use realtors, and all the realtors use mls. Your FSBO is being overlooked. Over and over again.

Level 3

Location hidden

#16 Sep 18, 2013
realtor, who you kidding, the attorney that is hired to do the closing is the one that did the work. As a realtor, you just showed up and collected your check. Zillow and Trulia are the places where home buyers look, so that is what is needed. They have the MLS homes as well as FSBO homes. That, and a cheap FSBO ad in the paper is all the work there is, other than showing the house to perspective buyers. Home owner, you can give away 6% if you want, but it is just a gift. Since the so-called realtor didn't leave their name, there are none in OWensboro that I would recommend.
Lol

Owensboro, KY

#17 Sep 18, 2013
So it's only the ones in Owensboro you don't like? Even better you bash a realtor, but don't put your own name for your beliefs, yet call out another? Please tell me what it is you do for a living?
Home owner

Owensboro, KY

#18 Sep 18, 2013
hurts donit wrote:
realtor, who you kidding, the attorney that is hired to do the closing is the one that did the work. As a realtor, you just showed up and collected your check. Zillow and Trulia are the places where home buyers look, so that is what is needed. They have the MLS homes as well as FSBO homes. That, and a cheap FSBO ad in the paper is all the work there is, other than showing the house to perspective buyers. Home owner, you can give away 6% if you want, but it is just a gift. Since the so-called realtor didn't leave their name, there are none in OWensboro that I would recommend.
Have you actually used one before? You obviously have no idea how much work goes into marketing/showing/getting everything legalized as far as contracts go. My 6% is roughly $16,000 and I am find with paying that for all the work involved! I work 12 hour days 4 days a week.

Realtor, please give me your phone number. I'd love to give you my listing!

Level 3

Location hidden

#19 Sep 18, 2013
I have sold all 5 of the houses I have owned. Each time, placed the ads, did the open houses etc. Each time sold within the 1st two weeks of placing on the market, and 2 of the 5 got more than my asking price. I have worked with many realtors over the years, having bought several houses that were listed, and the only thing a realtor in Owensboro ever did was meet me with the key so I could get in to see the property. You must make a lot of money if you are willing to pay 16,000 to have someone show up with keys to let buyers in the house...weekends are usually the only time you get interested people to show up.
Mr. Realtor

Madisonville, KY

#20 Sep 18, 2013
hurts donit wrote:
I have sold all 5 of the houses I have owned. Each time, placed the ads, did the open houses etc. Each time sold within the 1st two weeks of placing on the market, and 2 of the 5 got more than my asking price. I have worked with many realtors over the years, having bought several houses that were listed, and the only thing a realtor in Owensboro ever did was meet me with the key so I could get in to see the property. You must make a lot of money if you are willing to pay 16,000 to have someone show up with keys to let buyers in the house...weekends are usually the only time you get interested people to show up.
90% of the people who try and sell their home end up listing with a realtor. We are professionals just like doctors or lawyers. We are the ONLY profession that if we do not do our job WE don't get paid. Its that simple. Congratulations on selling 5 homes yourself.
Interested

United States

#21 Sep 18, 2013
Mr Realtor, you lost all credibility when you state "we are professionals just like doctors and lawyers". That is laughable. Any average Joe can go study for a week and pass the Realtors test.

Level 3

Location hidden

#22 Sep 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="Mr. Realtor"]<quoted text>
90% of the people who try and sell their home end up listing with a realtor. We are professionals just like doctors or lawyers. We are the ONLY profession that if we do not do our job WE don't get paid. Its that simple. Congratulations on selling 5 homes yourself.
[/QUOTE]
BS you sign up the listing you get paid if you don't do another thing....anyone sells the house, you get paid, even if the owner sells it after it is on contract. your 90% is made up lies. very seldom do you see a FSBO home listed with a realtor unless the people have moved and are no longer home to show it. If you in fact worked, there would be no need for the hundreds of realtors out there. What work do you think you are doing? Ads? a few pictures and a description? Showing? wow, you unlock the house and let people walk through...you call that work? ahahahahaha Use prperinted sales contracts? wow, you have to fill in what 10 blanks? hahahaahhaha funny
Another Realtor

Owensboro, KY

#24 Sep 18, 2013
This is to the jackass know it all hurts donit. You are a blooming idiot! If you're such an expert in this field, why don't you get your real estate license? I know why! You wouldn't pass the test thats why! You have NO IDEA how hard we work! I bet you're one of those jerks I showed some 30 houses to that decided you weren't going to buy anything at this time and not even thank me for the time I spent with you, the gas and wear and tear on my vehicle and putting up with your all so righteous attitude, right? Yeah, this is just a point I'm trying to make here in defense of all realtors out there. We work very hard at what we do and are really UNDER PAID!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home wreckers 6 min Curious 8
Delisha Miller 13 min Curious 2
Donald trump 18 min Matthew Ryan Hayden 2
Nathan Jarvis 21 min Ski42 3
Looking for a big titty girl to mess with 32 min Looking 3
Andria Sparks/ Annalise Amernyl (Aug '15) 42 min Bui 22
deryan mchenry (Jan '15) 45 min Buh 20

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance