omhs has the worst ER ever...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bart

Owensboro, KY

#23 Jun 1, 2012
For those of you who think the docs are rude you should see how they treat the staff. Everyone is sooo beneath them.
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#24 Mar 27, 2013
I will never use OMHS anyone can drive to Evansville and get great care. They have competition and the employes have a choice of where they want to work. At OMHS they must do what they must because there is no other hospital in Owensboro to work at.
courious

United States

#25 Mar 27, 2013
I'm sure some of the workers care, but having to wait 8 hrs in the er to be seen with a sick child is crazy. I would rather drive to Evansville also
Yes

Dawson Springs, KY

#26 Mar 27, 2013
Out of town is the way to go. I went to th ER for side pain and they gave me a shit fir pain . The next night same thing, the next night they did an x ray and my gall bladder had burst. If they hadn't thought I was just a drug seeker the X-ray would have been taken the first night. I had emergency surgery. Recently had to have heart cath at OMHS and I was treated very well. I should say there were ten years between. The only problems I have ever had with the hospital has been the ER.
Yes

Dawson Springs, KY

#28 Mar 27, 2013
Agree! But X-ray Wouk have shown gall bladder bursting just too damn lazy
MSNMBA

Owensboro, KY

#30 Mar 27, 2013
mean wrote:
They peg everyone in pain as a drug seeker.
That's because everyone lies about their pain. People think "I'll just say it's a 10." Newsflash...if you're pain is really a 10, your blood pressure goes up, your heart rate goes up, and your respirations change. Be honest with the people providing your care and you will get better treatment. Oh, and don't give me a load of shit about how "I have a real high pain tolerance." If you have a high pain tolerance the number will inherently be lower. If you're sitting their chilling with your ipad texting away and tell me it's a 10...I'll make damn sure you don't get any dope.
Yes

Dawson Springs, KY

#31 Mar 27, 2013
MSNMBA wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because everyone lies about their pain. People think "I'll just say it's a 10." Newsflash...if you're pain is really a 10, your blood pressure goes up, your heart rate goes up, and your respirations change. Be honest with the people providing your care and you will get better treatment. Oh, and don't give me a load of shit about how "I have a real high pain tolerance." If you have a high pain tolerance the number will inherently be lower. If you're sitting their chilling with your ipad texting away and tell me it's a 10...I'll make damn sure you don't get any dope.
Even with the gall bladder burst I never describe pain as a ten. Kidney stones that's a ten
okay

Owensboro, KY

#32 Mar 27, 2013
i went to the er and i was out in the er wait room for 30 mins and ppls was coming in after i did they took them back yes it was 4 ppl but i can understand one of them but the other three no and i was in so much pain i was crying so after they took the last person back i started b*tching at them was blood pressure was 170/102 that was high and my weight is 165 and my high is 5/10 the er here dont care about ppl all they want is money
Yes

Dawson Springs, KY

#35 Mar 27, 2013
Ur appendix ruptured while waiting 3 hours for surgery to keep ur appendix from bursting???!! I would have said get the on call gastro in here! U could have gotten sepsis or DIed but oh we'll-- hey the nurses were nice and u were on morphine not realizing the danger u were in!!! Omg---10 days you did get sepsis I guarantee it!!! Get your records find out for yourself--- they count on us to be uninformed wow
Old employee

United States

#36 Mar 27, 2014
[QUOTE who="vicki stogstill, RN"]<quoted text>
news flash, OMHS has operated the clinic for years now. They can't see everyone in a day! For the ED, yeah they suck but once you get past them to a regular room the care is much, much better.[/QUOTE]

Bull
Vicki you are one of the worst there
patient

Owensboro, KY

#37 Mar 28, 2014
blessed_1 wrote:
don't need any negative comments, everyone KNOWS how the Er is, there has been ALOT of things happen, everyone seems to have a story oe know someone who does, My point is, I wish they would show people that come in there some respect, we are paying their paycheck. I never said I didn't have Ins. I do. Dr Z was wrong, I reported him and the staff agreed. So, what I'm saying is if a Dr.(any) treats you bad or down grades you, report them. There are good Dr.s in Owensboro, Dr.Sayed, Dr. Eggers and Dr. Glaser and many more, just say this Dr. is not a good Dr. and I heard he is leaving town soon, and they are hiring two full time in house Dr.s for the Er. And the nurses are good.
Is this doctor young and have black hair? I went in not to long ago, and he interrupted what I was telling him that was wrong. he pulled that on me about having 1 thing wrong. when I would try to explain again, he interrupted me agian. I then raised my voice and said..."IF you will let me finish, I will tel you" He shut up then and listened to me. He was being an ass when he first came in, but when he saw I was having none of it, he chilled out. He did act like notheing was wrong, but he called my cardiologist, and I was admitted.
curious

Princeton, KY

#38 Mar 28, 2014
I heard that the ER sent some person home twice with chest pains. Then, they died. If this is true, I hope they get a great lawyer.
patient

Owensboro, KY

#39 Mar 28, 2014
curious wrote:
I heard that the ER sent some person home twice with chest pains. Then, they died. If this is true, I hope they get a great lawyer.
they sent my uncle home from the ER in a taxi, and he did not even make it from the taxi to the front door. He collapsed and died right in his front yard.
curious

Princeton, KY

#40 Mar 28, 2014
patient wrote:
<quoted text>they sent my uncle home from the ER in a taxi, and he did not even make it from the taxi to the front door. He collapsed and died right in his front yard.
God bless your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bi girl to fk couple (Aug '15) 3 min Fun 11
Josh Powell 1 hr Why O Why 1
I'm sleeping 1 hr Screwed over 1
A drive 2 hr Screwed over 4
Good morning Vietnam 2 hr Screwed over 1
Jacob Simpson 2 hr Curious 1
wbkr 2 hr inbred idiots eve... 4

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance