optimistic

Owensboro, KY

#1 Mar 18, 2014
Anyone know what's going on at the GE Plant? There have been cars there and people inside and outside the building for the past couple of weeks. Hopefully they will be bringing some good jobs back to Owensboro.
who knows

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 19, 2014
Anybody know?
ggg

Calvert City, KY

#3 Mar 19, 2014
It's s damn shame they closed down my dad worked there for yearrrrrrs back in the day.
patriot

Princeton, KY

#4 Mar 19, 2014
ggg wrote:
It's s damn shame they closed down my dad worked there for yearrrrrrs back in the day.
Americans don't value American labor. They want it cheap. That's why our economy went to shit. A lot of dumb asses don't realize this cheap shit is toxic.
who knows

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 19, 2014
You can thank the union for all those jobs lost.
smdh

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2014
who knows wrote:
Um... actually I'm pretty sure it's the opposite. Thank not having a union. U must be a severe republican... Unions keep their jobs theres proof in our pipefitters, boiler makers and electricians. I have had a father grandfather 3 uncles and 6 cousins in those 3 different unions and each one has had work. Make good money and have wonderful benefits. & honestly, when my cousins family experienced cancer, everyone from that union helped financially and with emotional support. Better than any damn factory job without a union where u r just another faceless employee.
patriot

Princeton, KY

#7 Mar 20, 2014
who knows wrote:
No. You can thank corporations and politicians that don't care about US workers. We lost 1,000,000 jobs to china. The Chinese government subsidizes their labor to keep prices cheap. You may not like unions. I never belonged to one but I'm smart enough to know we would have no workers rights without them. Stop letting people think for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt and elissa tindle (Jan '16) 32 min Trish Hodges 10
Iva Ellis 36 min Amanda 21
Black Men At Hunter Douglass 55 min Im Her 1
Blake Shelton sexiest man alive? Really? 57 min ljdffgvv 15
Why do women tell every man 1 hr Lol 2
Fat People 1 hr Stinky peoplle 9
Does Malone staffing go into the bathroom with ... 2 hr Curious 8

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance