to quit or not to quit
veronica mars

Owensboro, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Heres the deal. Hubby and I both have good jobs. We dont live pay check to pay check to the dime but we arent well off either. Babys on the way this summer. We can eliminate a huge portion of expenses by selling one of our two cars which wont be a necessity if one of us works. The logical thing in my mind is to sacrafice the money and put our family first. As it is right now we work opposite shifts mostly and dont see each other. I feel like in the long run that has potential to have a negative impact on our marriage. I have all but begged my boss to work with me on scheduling and they are not willing to budge. The only hesitation i have is the idea of not having a job. Ive always had a job since a teenager and have always been independent and relied on myself. Any advice?
acespop

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 14, 2013
Its simple do you want well rounded kids or a fancy car...we chose to have two average cars and three great kids
Rupert mcelvain

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Do u have any debt?
veronica mars

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 14, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
I would quit if possible. Think it would be hard to find a similiarly paying job when you are ready?
I do think finding another job in my field would be relatively easy being the medical field and even with the same employer in the future as well.
veronica mars

Owensboro, KY

#6 Mar 14, 2013
acespop wrote:
Its simple do you want well rounded kids or a fancy car...we chose to have two average cars and three great kids
I want great kids and a strong marriage which is what has led me to this decision in the first place. To me sacraficing the material things is a no brainer. I guess its just the idea of giving up the bread winner role although truthfully he starter making a little better money than me this year so i dont actually hold that role anyway. We are on the path of making this happen I just know that when the time comes to actually quit it will probably weigh heavily on me for a while.
arsesRus

Owensboro, KY

#7 Mar 14, 2013
You should ask Dr.Steven Breast he's the best.gives better advice than Dr.Feel
Doctor Feel

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 14, 2013
I beg your pardon! That quack is prescribing corndogs!
veronica mars

Owensboro, KY

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Rupert mcelvain wrote:
Do u have any debt?
A little. Selling his car and using that money to pay off the debt will eliminate it.
Rupert mcelvain

Owensboro, KY

#10 Mar 15, 2013
If I were in your shoes I agree with downsizing the cars. I would do a complete budget and forecast expenses. I would make sure of 2 things before leaving my current job. First, leave on good terms and see if they would leave the door open in case things don't work out. Second I'd put extra cash away b4 I left. If I didn't have an extra 3-6 months of expenses put away I wouldn't even consider it. It's just too risky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayela Ellis 17 min What a joke Kayela 26
Amber Reikofski Fat Whale 22 min Casey 4
Walnut and 8 street 36 min Heresay 5
Offering to buy dinner to a person 1 hr Waffle House Mana... 5
Shawna scott 1 hr Lookout 1
what has happened to the mc world here (Apr '13) 1 hr ccc 24
Meth head at Tom blue furniture 1 hr ccc 5

Owensboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages