Noncustodial parents
Help

Tucker, GA

#1 Mar 24, 2013
What's your options if noncustodial parent doesn't exercise their visitation privileges?
Smarter

Birdseye, IN

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Wht do u mean? This could just mean u have more time with ur kid. Thts good right?
Better off

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 24, 2013
If non-custodial parent doesn't exercise their visitation rights, they're probably losers anyway, and the child will be better off
Help

Tucker, GA

#4 Mar 24, 2013
The kids don't need to be around them or their drama. My point is after a certain point do they forfeit their rights? Kinda like abandonment? I don't want the kids to go there. I want them with me and the peace of mind knowing they don't have to go!!
Your dumb

United States

#5 Mar 24, 2013
They have to go seven years without contacting our seeing the child and without paying support.. Then you might have a case but even one phone call every seven years will keep someone from an abandonment charge
Help

Tucker, GA

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Your dumb wrote:
They have to go seven years without contacting our seeing the child and without paying support.. Then you might have a case but even one phone call every seven years will keep someone from an abandonment charge
Smart one, support has nothing to do with it! Support and visitations are 2 totally different things!
Been there

Owensboro, KY

#7 Mar 24, 2013
Abandonment is not 7 years - it is approx 2 in ky but is at the judge's discretion completely. In the case of having a parents rights terminated which is what u r talking about with abandonment, paying child support is considered contact

What you really want is the parent to have no visitation rights. After about a year of them not exercising their visitation u can ask that the visitation be reduced or removed based on status quo
really

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 24, 2013
Help wrote:
The kids don't need to be around them or their drama. My point is after a certain point do they forfeit their rights? Kinda like abandonment? I don't want the kids to go there. I want them with me and the peace of mind knowing they don't have to go!!
Why don't you want your kids to go there? Are they being mistreated?
Help

Tucker, GA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Been there wrote:
Abandonment is not 7 years - it is approx 2 in ky but is at the judge's discretion completely. In the case of having a parents rights terminated which is what u r talking about with abandonment, paying child support is considered contact
What you really want is the parent to have no visitation rights. After about a year of them not exercising their visitation u can ask that the visitation be reduced or removed based on status quo
Thank you. That's what I wanted to know! Some just wanna get on here and talk crap behind a computer and have no idea what they are talking about. He doesn't pay his support either. A couple of months from 2 yrs so it's looking good. With these silly commissioners you never know what they will do. Thanks for your help!!
Help

Tucker, GA

#10 Mar 24, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you want your kids to go there? Are they being mistreated?
Yes
you're all losers

Tucker, GA

#11 Mar 25, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. That's what I wanted to know! Some just wanna get on here and talk crap behind a computer and have no idea what they are talking about. He doesn't pay his support either. A couple of months from 2 yrs so it's looking good. With these silly commissioners you never know what they will do. Thanks for your help!!
Absolutely none of what was posted us true. Not a single sentence. See KRS 625.090 and KRS ch 403. Google them then call a lawyer and get some correct information about how they apply to you.
lol

Nortonville, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. That's what I wanted to know! Some just wanna get on here and talk crap behind a computer and have no idea what they are talking about. He doesn't pay his support either. A couple of months from 2 yrs so it's looking good. With these silly commissioners you never know what they will do. Thanks for your help!!
I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but, why are you taking what that poster says as factual? Is it because that's what you wanted to hear?
well

Tucker, GA

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart one, support has nothing to do with it! Support and visitations are 2 totally different things!
Visitation is granted at the moment of support. They just dont set the days. they decide if its joint custody or supervised visitation. & hunny jus bc theyre drama the courts will not grant anything. Every parent has rights to visitation if they r paying support. Its in the kentucky state guidelines. Page 4.
Been there

Owensboro, KY

#14 Mar 25, 2013
My knowledge comes from sittin In a courtroom and going thru it. Also- u r not going to get a termination of rights - don't even try.
U may get his visitation decreased but when u go to court and ask a judge, he will give him a chance to do right a cpl times before restricting them. And restricting them will take serious issues

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fart 10 min Not Lady Like 2
Dope headed women 13 min Gross 6
It's payday bitches 17 min Al Gork 5
Kelley wall Jackson / Robbie Tutt aka Ray Tutt 41 min Fyi 17
Ymca staff 52 min Relate 5
Power out 56 min Captain Obvious 2
chris cline 1 hr Creep 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages