Spherion Staffing in Owensboro

Spherion Staffing in Owensboro

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Oboro Mom

White Plains, KY

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Has anyone had any experiences with them; good, bad, or indifferent?? My husband is supposed to go to work at UniLever through them and they are really giving him the run-around. I think it's because he is a recent immigrant. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them.
Oboro Mom

White Plains, KY

#3 Jun 7, 2011
We probably will end up going back to his homeland of Australia at some point. Not yet though! He is going to temp at UniLever for 6 months and then we will probably just move back overseas where he will earn probably three times what you make in a year doing next to nothing :) Not that you really need to know, but he immigrated to America in order for me to avoid having to start college all over again. We also have a 2 year old who deserves both her mother and father in her life. We foolishly thought America would be a great place to live and raise our family and for the most part we have been met with discriminatory people such as yourself. I'm an American and so is my daughter, why would you say something so rude???? You wouldn't want your family struggling like this. I am just thankful that we have the option to move overseas because some people don't.
WorkedThere

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jun 7, 2011
I hated them. I went to work with Unilever through them too - they had me doing ridiculously hard work (as a petite woman) that they had promised I would have the help of another person to do. When I complained about it, Spherion did nothing and told me I wouldn't be required to return.
Avoid!!!!
Oboro Mom

White Plains, KY

#5 Jun 7, 2011
WorkedThere wrote:
I hated them. I went to work with Unilever through them too - they had me doing ridiculously hard work (as a petite woman) that they had promised I would have the help of another person to do. When I complained about it, Spherion did nothing and told me I wouldn't be required to return.
Avoid!!!!
Thanks! They were very resistant with my husband. But, since he hasn't been able to find anything else that pays that well and would enable him to take off on short notice in case he got called away for a job interview, he sort of has to take it. My whole family lives here in town, so we really wanted to stay here; unfortunately it looks like that might not be in the cards! Thanks once again for the advice :) Much more constructive than "concerned". I'm not sure why people feel the need to be mean. Take care and good luck to you!
jerry

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2011
tell ur hubby to come to ocharleys and apply we pay pretty good
concerned

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jun 12, 2011
BYE!! whats the holdup get on a boat and get the hell out of america if you dont like it..
thanks
Sarah

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2011
concerned wrote:
BYE!! whats the holdup get on a boat and get the hell out of america if you dont like it..
thanks
Look you jerk!! There is absolutely no reason to be nasty.. You must be a jobless, single, pathetic individual!!! Whom is probablly recieving government assistance that I pay for. You are no better than anyone else so get off your soap box and have some consideration for other people.
Joey Hadler

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jun 15, 2011
They suck, the losing their contract in september i heard.
Oboro Mom

Centertown, KY

#10 Jun 16, 2011
concerned wrote:
BYE!! whats the holdup get on a boat and get the hell out of america if you dont like it..
thanks
Oh "concerned"...you must have me all twisted up with someone else. We would never go back to Australia on a boat. It would take far too long. Surely you would know that, being the big-brained American that you are! Now, why don't you pry your big, doughy butt off the couch (or bed) and spend some time doing something positive instead of insulting fellow Americans - and their families. We don't appreciate it, and I'd really hate to stoop to your level and lose my religion on the internet, but I'm pretty close to it.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: I really appreciate all the positive feedback. My husband has been there almost a week and I think he's going to make it work for the time being. Apparently temps are only given a 6 month contract anyway, so if he can't find suitable employment before the 6 months is up, we'll have to go back to Oz anyway! I'm sure "concerned" will have the Bon Voyage party all planned out for us :) Ha! Anyway, for those of you still looking for work, good luck! The pickings are definitely slim in Owensboro for well-paying jobs. I wish they weren't because we don't really want to be really far away from our family, but you have to do what works, I guess! Thanks once again :)
need2knowmore

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jun 18, 2011
Oboro Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh "concerned"...you must have me all twisted up with someone else. We would never go back to Australia on a boat. It would take far too long. Surely you would know that, being the big-brained American that you are! Now, why don't you pry your big, doughy butt off the couch (or bed) and spend some time doing something positive instead of insulting fellow Americans - and their families. We don't appreciate it, and I'd really hate to stoop to your level and lose my religion on the internet, but I'm pretty close to it.
TO EVERYONE ELSE: I really appreciate all the positive feedback. My husband has been there almost a week and I think he's going to make it work for the time being. Apparently temps are only given a 6 month contract anyway, so if he can't find suitable employment before the 6 months is up, we'll have to go back to Oz anyway! I'm sure "concerned" will have the Bon Voyage party all planned out for us :) Ha! Anyway, for those of you still looking for work, good luck! The pickings are definitely slim in Owensboro for well-paying jobs. I wish they weren't because we don't really want to be really far away from our family, but you have to do what works, I guess! Thanks once again :)
Good Luck Oboro Mom...You seem to be a very nice LADY...It is refreshing to hear a LADY trying to help her family have a better life than those on here bashing and hating because they have miserable useless life of their own....God says we are to love and help each other....Get serious for a few minutes and ask Him...
soldier7150

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2011
There are no hard jobs at unilever u work forty five mins then get a forty five min break
Oboro Mom

Centertown, KY

#13 Jun 19, 2011
soldier7150 wrote:
There are no hard jobs at unilever u work forty five mins then get a forty five min break
Thanks soldier. My husband said it is not hard, just repetitive, but you get that at any factory. He is squeegee-ing (is that even spelled right?) the floor in the freezer, so yes, he gets a break often. Our car smells like fettucini alfredo now though! Haha!
support opd

Pflugerville, TX

#14 Jun 20, 2011
Oboro Mom wrote:
Has anyone had any experiences with them; good, bad, or indifferent?? My husband is supposed to go to work at UniLever through them and they are really giving him the run-around. I think it's because he is a recent immigrant. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them.
I worked there 6 months and I loved it. Man power is taking over at Unilever.
Oboro Mom

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jun 20, 2011
support opd wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked there 6 months and I loved it. Man power is taking over at Unilever.
Yep! That's what my husband said when he got home from his first night. I don't know if that's good or bad, but hopefully they are more organized than Spherion were. Thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie Hawn does meth like her dad 17 min Cody is a low life 10
Tori " too cold" Micaletti 18 min Come f with me 4
News Bishop: Daviess Co., KY priest suspended over a... 29 min knowledge is power 2
Looking for fun 2nite 45 min Slobbercock 10
DCHS baseball coach 1 hr Al Gork 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Patrick Bateman 610
fun with kimmie 1 hr Not That Stupid 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages