truth wrote:
Assault weapons ban.
Brady bill.
Good economy.
How was the meth supply back then?
bleh

Owensboro, KY

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Mmm do you recall Columbine? Heres just school shootings: in the Clinton Administration

1993: East Carter High School shooting
1993: Amityville High School shooting
1993: Reseda High School shooting
1993: Wauwatosa West High School shooting
1994: Grimsley High School shooting
1994: Wickliffe Middle School shooting
1995: Blackville-Hilda High School shooting
1995: Richland High School shooting
1996: Frontier Middle School shooting
1996: Hamilton High School shooting
1996: Mid-Penninsula High School shooting
1996: San Diego State University shooting
1996: Hetzel Union Building shooting
1997: Bethel Regional High School shooting
1997: Pearl High School shooting
1997: Heath High School shooting
1998: Westside Middle School shooting
1998: Parker Middle School dance shooting
1998: Thurston High School shooting
1999: Columbine High School massacre
1999: Heritage High School shooting
1999: Fort Gibson Middle School shooting

There is a ban on Drugs. How do the criminals get those? There is a true problem with the moral fabric of society.

There is NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY anymore. No value of human life that is what is wrong not guns. Guns in the hands of men that protect our freedom allowed you to post that on a website. I feel bad for your offspring. When they break curfew you better spank the clocks butt because it made them late. Maybe you should punish your debit card for running out of money if you overdraft your account.
trutj

Duluth, GA

#4 Dec 21, 2012
bleh wrote:
Mmm do you recall Columbine? Heres just school shootings: in the Clinton Administration

There is a ban on Drugs. How do the criminals get those? There is a true problem with the moral fabric of society.

There is NO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY anymore. No value of human life that is what is wrong not guns. Guns in the hands of men that protect our freedom allowed you to post that on a website. I feel bad for your offspring. When they break curfew you better spank the clocks butt because it made them late. Maybe you should punish your debit card for running out of money if you overdraft your account.
Read the gun violence in America statistics.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Owensboro, KY

#5 Dec 21, 2012
bleh wrote:

There is no legitimate need or use for assault-style weapons with large-capacity clips except to kill dozens of people quickly. No individual needs one nor should any individual be allowed to own one.
lmnop

Owensboro, KY

#6 Dec 21, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no legitimate need or use for assault-style weapons with large-capacity clips except to kill dozens of people quickly. No individual needs one nor should any individual be allowed to own one.
no surprise looking at ur former post that u have no respect for the Constitution.
lmnop

Owensboro, KY

#7 Dec 21, 2012
truth wrote:
Assault weapons ban.
Brady bill.
Good economy.
there is 1 point u make that is relevant. good economy. crime rates are lower with a good economy

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#8 Dec 21, 2012
lmnop wrote:
<quoted text>no surprise looking at ur former post that u have no respect for the Constitution.
I wasn't aware the constitution gave individuals the right to own assault weapons. Maybe you could enlighten me. Aren't nukes "arms" too?? Is any limit on individual ownership of "arms" attacking the constitution?? Again, there is no legitimate need for an individual to own an assault-style weapon with a large-capacity clip - their only legitimate use is mowing down large numbers of people very quickly. They aren't the best choice for self-protection - they aren't the best choice for hunting. They are the weapon of choice for mass murderers. It's time for them to be banned.
waylon burch

Owensboro, KY

#9 Dec 21, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't aware the constitution gave individuals the right to own assault weapons. Maybe you could enlighten me. Aren't nukes "arms" too?? Is any limit on individual ownership of "arms" attacking the constitution?? Again, there is no legitimate need for an individual to own an assault-style weapon with a large-capacity clip - their only legitimate use is mowing down large numbers of people very quickly. They aren't the best choice for self-protection - they aren't the best choice for hunting. They are the weapon of choice for mass murderers. It's time for them to be banned.
Yes ANY regulation on ANY of the bill of rights is a violation to the constitution. Including ANY regulation to the second amendment.

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#10 Dec 21, 2012
waylon burch wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ANY regulation on ANY of the bill of rights is a violation to the constitution. Including ANY regulation to the second amendment.
So, you believe an individual has a right to own any arms he desires, up to and including a nuclear weapon?? Really??

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Owensboro, KY

#11 Dec 22, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no legitimate need or use for assault-style weapons with large-capacity clips except to kill dozens of people quickly. No individual needs one nor should any individual be allowed to own one.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>So, you believe an individual has a right to own any arms he desires, up to and including a nuclear weapon?? Really??
Weapons of mass destruction are a whole different ball game. I find it funny you are categorizing them with guns.

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#13 Dec 22, 2012
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>Weapons of mass destruction are a whole different ball game. I find it funny you are categorizing them with guns.
The Constitution talks about the "right to bear arms". "Arms" includes a broad variety of weaponry, including pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, tanks, artillery, nukes, etc. I would hope it's safe to assume that you believe that no individual needs, nor does the Constitution give them rights to, the kinds of weapons that can wipe out broad swaths of people at one time.
Southern Hospitality

Owensboro, KY

#14 Dec 22, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution talks about the "right to bear arms". "Arms" includes a broad variety of weaponry, including pistols, rifles, grenade launchers, tanks, artillery, nukes, etc. I would hope it's safe to assume that you believe that no individual needs, nor does the Constitution give them rights to, the kinds of weapons that can wipe out broad swaths of people at one time.
I have no problem with people having assault rifles. I have a problem with them being too easy to access by the mentally unstable. And I have a problem with those who have them not doing enough to prevent others from getting/stealing them.
TheRealOldScholl

Owensboro, KY

#15 Dec 22, 2012
$hit! RW...that was me that just posted under Southern Hospitality. I had commented on another thread...forgot to change it back.

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#16 Dec 22, 2012
TheRealOldScholl wrote:
$hit! RW...that was me that just posted under Southern Hospitality. I had commented on another thread...forgot to change it back.
Wow! I'm half asleep still. I'll type it right one of these days. Lol
waylon burch

Owensboro, KY

#17 Dec 22, 2012
Nukes
waylon burch

Owensboro, KY

#18 Dec 22, 2012
Nukes are a different story but the people of America should be able to have the same firepower as the military. Of course I also believe in making all Americans serve at least a year in the military
TheRealOldSchool

United States

#19 Dec 22, 2012
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I'm half asleep still. I'll type it right one of these days. Lol
I'm up now. As usual I was up late listening to Glenn Beck on the Internet. I have to log out and use other names once in awhile because I was making it to obvious that used to be Castle by my endless posting. I'm just still having a very difficult time getting over Obama winning and the meltdown my beloved GOP and I are having.

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#20 Dec 22, 2012
Southern Hospitality wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with people having assault rifles. I have a problem with them being too easy to access by the mentally unstable. And I have a problem with those who have them not doing enough to prevent others from getting/stealing them.
In previous Supreme Court rulings even highly-conservative Justice Scalia has indicated a need to ban weapons seen as too dangerous for society and the Court has typically held that the purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to ensure your right to personal protection - not the right to overthrow a "tyrannical" government.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you have loved ones in Fordsville Nursing an... 11 min montgomery 2
Ruthie Goatee Arraigned 34 min Squeelers 1
Roy William Henry is a Homosexual Bottom Boi! 1 hr You are a sad lit... 1
Prince Moss 1 hr Forsure23 23
Karrie Simmons 1 hr JY 3
home depot employess 1 hr hammerhead 16
chad wayne 1 hr yea u wud 2
bad wreck u.s 60 stanley 13 hr clearer 22
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match