red

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jun 20, 2013
let me first say that I love my wife more than anything this world can offer. I write this both for my wife just to show how much I love her, and for others that are struggling as we are, that maybe it will give hope for the future.
It has been very hard for us due to several factors. One being we both work different shifts, so we may only get a few hours a day if any together. Two, being that we both come from broken backgrounds, we both brought a lot of baggage to the table, some we didn't realize we brought in until years into our relationship. Three, addictions, we both have them, even though the addictions are different, they are still just that and no good can come from them. while I won't post hers, but mine is sex. it seems petty, but it is as deadly to relationships as any drug addiction could ever dream of. I fight a daily battle with mine, and it wears me down. I don't yet know the answers to our problems yet, but I pray for direction and healing for both of us.
We have withstood more than most could endure, but I still stand beside my wife. and for some unknown reason, she with me. People these days are so quick to say, I'm not happy, I want a divorce, but God tells me that marriage is for life, that it is sacred and holy. And it's time to clean up the mess before the sickness is passed down to our child. I know now that I don't fully know how to love her the way she should, but I want to, and I'm learning.
hey red

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 20, 2013
red wrote:
let me first say that I love my wife more than anything this world can offer. I write this both for my wife just to show how much I love her, and for others that are struggling as we are, that maybe it will give hope for the future.
It has been very hard for us due to several factors. One being we both work different shifts, so we may only get a few hours a day if any together. Two, being that we both come from broken backgrounds, we both brought a lot of baggage to the table, some we didn't realize we brought in until years into our relationship. Three, addictions, we both have them, even though the addictions are different, they are still just that and no good can come from them. while I won't post hers, but mine is sex. it seems petty, but it is as deadly to relationships as any drug addiction could ever dream of. I fight a daily battle with mine, and it wears me down. I don't yet know the answers to our problems yet, but I pray for direction and healing for both of us.
We have withstood more than most could endure, but I still stand beside my wife. and for some unknown reason, she with me. People these days are so quick to say, I'm not happy, I want a divorce, but God tells me that marriage is for life, that it is sacred and holy. And it's time to clean up the mess before the sickness is passed down to our child. I know now that I don't fully know how to love her the way she should, but I want to, and I'm learning.
What's her addiction?
Lmfao

Madisonville, KY

#3 Jun 20, 2013
Probably some of that Internet Inbox dating where you send and receive naked photos . Good luck
praying for you!

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jun 20, 2013
Why is everyone so quick to want to pick apart others....we each need to worry about ourselves and stop trying to pick apart those we don't even know... Better yet let's pray for those in trouble seeking help and comfort from others! It really doesnt matter what her addiction is! we all have them!
Red.... I read what you wrote and I'm very moved to know you are not willing to run from your problems but willing to face them and battle them head first! I was once like you! But Instead of staying and holding on to my life and the one I called my wife... Hold on and don't give up! Just know that there are people out there that are praying for you both. We don't need to know the situation just know that prayers are being sent up and hoping you both make it! Life is so short and try to get your act together and make it workqrerereq
praying for you!

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jun 20, 2013
[QUOTE who="praying for you!"]Why is everyone so quick to want to pick apart others....we each need to worry about ourselves and stop trying to pick apart those we don't even know... Better yet let's pray for those in trouble seeking help and comfort from others! It really doesnt matter what her addiction is! we all have them!
Red.... I read what you wrote and I'm very moved to know you are not willing to run from your problems but willing to face them and battle them head first! I was once like you! But Instead of staying and holding on to my life and the one I called my wife... Hold on and don't give up! Just know that there are people out there that are praying for you both. We don't need to know the situation just know that prayers are being sent up and hoping you both make it! Life is so short and try to get your act together and make it work[/QUOTE]
Take care and remember that it took time to get to this point and it will take time to resolve it as well.....keep up the faith!
Ill wait

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Jun 21, 2013
I miss you,Donna.Its been 3yrs. I want to get back where we were before all this.Please let me come home,I miss you and our life together. I screwed up and I'm sorry. Forgive me please.Nobody holds a candle to you,I've told you that and you know it.I love you.Please.....

Level 2

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#7 Jun 21, 2013
red wrote:
let me first say that I love my wife more than anything this world can offer. I write this both for my wife just to show how much I love her, and for others that are struggling as we are, that maybe it will give hope for the future.
It has been very hard for us due to several factors. One being we both work different shifts, so we may only get a few hours a day if any together. Two, being that we both come from broken backgrounds, we both brought a lot of baggage to the table, some we didn't realize we brought in until years into our relationship. Three, addictions, we both have them, even though the addictions are different, they are still just that and no good can come from them. while I won't post hers, but mine is sex. it seems petty, but it is as deadly to relationships as any drug addiction could ever dream of. I fight a daily battle with mine, and it wears me down. I don't yet know the answers to our problems yet, but I pray for direction and healing for both of us.
We have withstood more than most could endure, but I still stand beside my wife. and for some unknown reason, she with me. People these days are so quick to say, I'm not happy, I want a divorce, but God tells me that marriage is for life, that it is sacred and holy. And it's time to clean up the mess before the sickness is passed down to our child. I know now that I don't fully know how to love her the way she should, but I want to, and I'm learning.
Very well said. You are absolutely right, so many people just turn to divorce or separation when things get tough; but that is when you have to bind together stronger as a couple...beat the odds, together. Wish you both the best.
what about her?

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jun 21, 2013
You said your addiction was sex. Care to explain? Girlfriend? Porn? Can't imagine how the wife feels. Be glad she hasn't left. Do something nice for her. Buy her flowers or her favorite perfume. Do something nice that doesn't involve the addictions. Yours or hers. I pray you two figure this out and fast. I can hear the pain in your writing. Good luck, red.
bigdickdaddy

Akron, OH

#10 Jun 21, 2013
I miss your wife too.
red

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jun 21, 2013
[QUOTE who="praying for you!"]Why is everyone so quick to want to pick apart others....we each need to worry about ourselves and stop trying to pick apart those we don't even know... Better yet let's pray for those in trouble seeking help and comfort from others! It really doesnt matter what her addiction is! we all have them!
Red.... I read what you wrote and I'm very moved to know you are not willing to run from your problems but willing to face them and battle them head first! I was once like you! But Instead of staying and holding on to my life and the one I called my wife... Hold on and don't give up! Just know that there are people out there that are praying for you both. We don't need to know the situation just know that prayers are being sent up and hoping you both make it! Life is so short and try to get your act together and make it workqrerereq[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the kind words. my main goal for this post was to show others that are struggling with addictions it relationship problems that there are many of us it there and that there is hope for healing. I have a long way to go for my healing, there is no easy way out. But I will pursue my freedom, because the futures if my family and myself depend on it.
red

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jun 21, 2013
bigdickdaddy wrote:
I miss your wife too.
not even in your dreams pal. and by the way your name probably implies just the opposite, with a small mind to go with it.
red's wife

Owensboro, KY

#13 Jun 21, 2013
red wrote:
<quoted text>not even in your dreams pal. and by the way your name probably implies just the opposite, with a small mind to go with it.
Lmao!! It's probably Mike something like that!
red

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jun 21, 2013
StrawberryFields2532 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said. You are absolutely right, so many people just turn to divorce or separation when things get tough; but that is when you have to bind together stronger as a couple...beat the odds, together. Wish you both the best.
It takes three to make a marriage work, and I'm not talking about kids. We forgot that and our alteration from that has caused many problems. It is very difficult to let God in when you are so ashamed of who and what you are, but that is the time that you need Him most. You can laugh all you want, but most marriages end in divorce, even Christians, but those Christians didn't allow Him to work in their lives. I'm not saying that it doesn't work without him, but if He's really there it won't fail. I can say that because I've been at both ends and I guarantee if it wasn't for Him, I wouldn't be here trying to give hope to the hopeless.
red

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jun 21, 2013
I've said all I am going to say on this thread. My hope is that if you are having problems please seek the help of a Christian counselor or pastor and take what they say to heart. One who is true won't leave you it to figure it out on your own. Thank you for your attention and God bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a Lesbian girlfriend 4 min Dink 2
Sun City Center, FL poster... 10 min youareatrolltoo 4
Cheated married pregnant 10 min Open marriage 2
DNA needed for testing 15 min Right thing to do 3
threads deleted for what????? 19 min Ted Bundy 5
What is your excuse 24 min Carl Panzram 8
Chelsey Donovan 33 min Animal 3
News Eight Felony Arrest Warrants Served on Daviess ... 3 hr Get a clue 14

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages