melissa

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 4, 2013
I donated several cases of water that I had in my garage to a local race that is being run on
Veterans Day. I also decided to keep a few bottles for myself because I bought them.

I also had an unfortunate injury recently, but am okay but the doctor said to stay hydrated. I realized after the first bottle that I drank that my thirst wasn't quenching. I realized after the second bottle (still thirsty) that something was really wrong. Upon closer inspection, I realized that this water expired in September!

I am distraught knowing that these runners will not receive proper hydration due to my error, but I am too embarassed to go get my defective water. I was thinking of just taking it back without telling ( my neighbor is the organizer and he keeps it in a tent. I can go steal it back while he sleeps, as he sleeps on a tight schedule)

I need insight in how to best handle this blunder.
huh

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 4, 2013
Water doesn't expire!!!!!
Jill

Owensboro, KY

#3 Nov 11, 2013
Tap water does taste funky over time
girl

United States

#4 Nov 11, 2013
melissa wrote:
I donated several cases of water that I had in my garage to a local race that is being run on
Veterans Day. I also decided to keep a few bottles for myself because I bought them.
I also had an unfortunate injury recently, but am okay but the doctor said to stay hydrated. I realized after the first bottle that I drank that my thirst wasn't quenching. I realized after the second bottle (still thirsty) that something was really wrong. Upon closer inspection, I realized that this water expired in September!
I am distraught knowing that these runners will not receive proper hydration due to my error, but I am too embarassed to go get my defective water. I was thinking of just taking it back without telling ( my neighbor is the organizer and he keeps it in a tent. I can go steal it back while he sleeps, as he sleeps on a tight schedule)
I need insight in how to best handle this blunder.
The label may say it's expired, but there is nothing wrong with the water. In any case, even if the water was bad, it would still quench thirst. It would just taste weird. The expiration date is only there because manufacturers are required to put a date on food and drink items. It doesn't actually go bad. At least not for a very long time. Unless you leave it in the car and the sun is shining on it and it heats up. In that case, the water doesn't actually go bad, the plastic starts to break down and release toxins into the water that can cause cancer. But the water itself doesn't spoil. Don't worry about it, I'm sure it's fine. You were probably just super thirsty.
girl

United States

#5 Nov 11, 2013
Also, if you are on pain meds or antibiotics, they can make you feel thirsty all the time, and that could be why the water wasn't quenching your thirst.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Great music 5 min curious 1 1
42 year old male looking and post keeps getting... 21 min ThickDic is a LOSER 6
tabatha bratcher 54 min friend 4
Stalkers 1 hr Weirdo 2
Prince Moss 1 hr Heisaratforsure 14
sup?! 1 hr hmmm 3
Cody James Lindsey (Jun '14) 1 hr confused 6
whats going on with the stabbing in oboro Thu Yep yep 14
Owensboro Dating