turning car windows into memorials.

turning car windows into memorials.

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

imo

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 11, 2013
Am I the only one in the area that thinks writing RIP in glass chalk and stickers all over there cars maybe isn't the best way to honor the dead? I don't understand why people turn their cars into rolling memorials. I'm all for honoring the dead but why on a car? I wouldn't want my name or loved ones name on a car. I feel there's better ways to remember someone other than scribbling their name in glass chalk or getting a tacky sticker made.
shut up

Owensboro, KY

#2 Sep 11, 2013
imo wrote:
Am I the only one in the area that thinks writing RIP in glass chalk and stickers all over there cars maybe isn't the best way to honor the dead? I don't understand why people turn their cars into rolling memorials. I'm all for honoring the dead but why on a car? I wouldn't want my name or loved ones name on a car. I feel there's better ways to remember someone other than scribbling their name in glass chalk or getting a tacky sticker made.
Just leave them alone. People handle grief differently. I'm sure you're the perfect person. At least they are bringing honor to others, not bashing them, unlike you. When you lose someone you love, you handle it your way. Leave them alone to grieve.
Yep

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2013
imo wrote:
I see your point. It's pretty morbid to me.
Windy Hog Holler

United States

#4 Sep 11, 2013
Very distasteful, and I'm a Redneck and have a high tolerance for trashy stuff.
dude

Princeton, KY

#5 Sep 11, 2013
imo wrote:
Maybe u never loved any1 so much u were deeply effected by their death. It's a celebration of someone's life.
imo

Owensboro, KY

#6 Sep 11, 2013
A car window is a celebration of someone's life? Plant a tree or something.
justme

Owensboro, KY

#7 Sep 13, 2013
imo wrote:
I have a decal on my car, but its more of a reminder to me to remember how precious life is. It helps me to remember to slow dan, enjoy life and not take it for granted....and to never forget. I had a cousin die of suicide at a young age.
justme

Owensboro, KY

#8 Sep 13, 2013
slow down..not slow dan
death

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 Sep 13, 2013
imo wrote:
I understand what you mean. I have cancer and dont know how much longer i will be here. I told my daughter, whatever she does, do not put a memorial of my death on her vehicle. I know how much she loves me and i do not need it displayed for everyone to be reminded. While she may be able to deal with seeing it, it may affect others (husband, my brothers, my sisters...etc) differently. I told her to use the money she would spend on the memorial to purchase something for herself that would always be of value. I want my family to remember my life not my death. I think a death should be celebrated but not like that. To each his own though.
just wondering

United States

#10 Sep 13, 2013
justme wrote:
<quoted text>I have a decal on my car, but its more of a reminder to me to remember how precious life is. It helps me to remember to slow dan, enjoy life and not take it for granted....and to never forget. I had a cousin die of suicide at a young age.
How do you die of suicide?
justme

Owensboro, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2013
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you die of suicide?
of, from, by...does it matter?
Don't be an idiot!
just wondering

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2013
justme wrote:
<quoted text>of, from, by...does it matter?
Don't be an idiot!
Someone commits suicide and I'm the idiot? Right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher 11 min Ummmmmm 12
Raffle house post gets deleted -- what are they... 16 min Lineman 11
sara dodd 29 min bud 24
Jason McNeiley (Jun '13) 39 min Jason McNeiley 32
Hootie 48 min Narlnme19 14
Lucy in Owensboro 48 min Meh_Meh 4
Wasabi on Southtown 53 min Meh_Meh 1
Topix is deleting my post because I'm black 1 hr Yellow man 11

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web