moneyhungry

La Vergne, TN

#1 Feb 16, 2014
I am a felon due to child support, before anyone judges I am completely current and have been from yrs, conviction is over 10 yrs old. I'm needing a decent paying job but not sure who all hires felons. Any answers are appreciated.
Cheeky

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2014
moneyhungry wrote:
I am a felon due to child support, before anyone judges I am completely current and have been from yrs, conviction is over 10 yrs old. I'm needing a decent paying job but not sure who all hires felons. Any answers are appreciated.
most employers are willing to consider the conviction, how old it is, what it was for, etc. I'm not sure of specific employers who hire felons, but I would suggest you just apply everywhere, be honest, and make a note on the application about what your conviction was and that it's old and you are current. You might also look into getting it amended to a misdemeanor or expunged it has been so long. Then it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if that's possible with a felony, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to an attorney and ask! Consultations are usually free!
:)

Owensboro, KY

#3 Feb 16, 2014
Cheeky wrote:
<quoted text>most employers are willing to consider the conviction, how old it is, what it was for, etc. I'm not sure of specific employers who hire felons, but I would suggest you just apply everywhere, be honest, and make a note on the application about what your conviction was and that it's old and you are current. You might also look into getting it amended to a misdemeanor or expunged it has been so long. Then it wouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure if that's possible with a felony, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to an attorney and ask! Consultations are usually free!
So nice to see a respectful and helpful response to a legitimate question!
abc123

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 16, 2014
Also another thing would be to simply not fill it in when they ask if you were ever convicted of a felony. If you don't answer, you are not lying and if they bring it up in the interview then you have a chance to explain your situation face to face with the employer. A face is a lot harder to say no to than a piece of paper.
I wonder

Paris, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2014
moneyhungry wrote:
Is this Matt Browning?
moneyhungry

La Vergne, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2014
No sorry it isn't, don't really want to post my name on here.
i wonder

Paris, TN

#7 Feb 16, 2014
moneyhungry wrote:
No sorry it isn't, don't really want to post my name on here.
Ok, I understand, no one worth a crap should have their name posted on here unless they're a pos like Matt browning. Like someone else said on here though, just leave your criminal background blank and if you get an interview, explain how it's a nonviolent offense and not drug related. Most likely they will look past child support issues
Yeah its True

Erin, TN

#8 Feb 16, 2014
moneyhungry wrote:
Most Felons become Politicians or Preachers. I hope this helps.
lol

Cadiz, KY

#10 Feb 17, 2014
Leaving the felony part blank may also NOT get you an interview. ALWAYS ALWAYS be 100% truthful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miss daviess county 38 min crazy aunt 6
leslie layne 57 min Sherry 3
My old school hottie wants to reunite 1 hr Please 2
Courtney at show mes 1 hr I had it 3
Carrie Turner 1 hr Bestie 7
Mixed girls who date white men (Dec '11) 1 hr Just saying 83
Brooke Love snitch or nah 1 hr FaktzOnL33 19

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance