billy pogue

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2013
here is the meat to the story, do you want to give your credit card, paypal, bank info to him ........A jury convicted real estate broker Billy Pogue late Thursday night of taking more than $27,000 from an Owensboro charity while serving as the group's treasurer. The Daviess Circuit Court jury of nine women and three men deliberated about 45 minutes before finding Pogue, 26, guilty of two counts of theft by failure to make the required disposition of property valued at more than $300. They returned their verdict against the ex-City Commission candidate about 10 p.m. on the second day of trial. "These are trusting individuals who trusted Billy Pogue and got burned for it," Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Nick Payne said in his closing argument. The jury met for another hour and recommended a sentence of one year in prison on each count, with the sentences to run consecutively for a total of two years. The case hinged upon whether the jury believed the board of directors of Mentor Kids Kentucky loaned Pogue the money, which Pogue claimed, producing a Sept. 15, 2003, notarized promissory note to that effect. Roger Stone, a friend of Pogue's and a notary public, testified Thursday that he was with Pogue in the Mentor Kids Kentucky office Sept. 15 when Pogue signed the note and presented it to Executive Director Katie Herron. Prosecutors argued that Herron and the board had no knowledge that Pogue had moved the money from two certificates of deposit into his own bank account until a 2004 audit. Herron and board members Brad Rhoads and David Payne testified Thursday night they had never approved a loan to Pogue and had no knowledge of the promissory note, which prosecutor Nick Payne said he had neither seen nor heard of until Thursday. "The first time anybody saw this promissory note besides Billy Pogue and his witness was tonight," Payne said in his closing argument. According to testimony, Pogue cashed out a certificate of deposit valued at more than $11,000 at National City Bank on Sept. 3, 2003, and deposited that money into his account at Republic Bank the same day. The evidence also showed that on Sept. 23, 2003, Pogue cashed out a CD valued at about $16,000 belonging to the charity that he had recently moved to South Central Bank. Pogue and Herron testified that Pogue had been authorized to transfer the certificates of deposit to South Central Bank, which had agreed to sponsor one of the charity's main fundraisers. Pogue then used the money to open a money market account at the bank, then wrote himself a check for $15,000 two days later, according to bank documents. Pogue testified Thursday that he only transferred the money to his account after the loan from the charity was approved by the board. Pogue said the loan carried a 2 percent interest rate and was to be paid in full on Dec. 31, 2004. Herron and board members testified that the charity did not and would never approve a personal loan to a board member or officer. The money was used to pay a $9,000 civil judgment related to his purchase of the Gem Cafe on East Fourth Street in 2002 and to secure a loan for his recent purchase of 1010 Frederica St., which he planned to use as an office, Pogue testified. "I had full authority, I thought, to do what happened," Pogue testified. In his closing argument, defense attorney Galen Clark argued that Mentor Kids Kentucky was a badly managed organization that did make the loan to Pogue. "You do see these people ran things pretty loose," Clark told the jury. After being confronted by Rhoads and David Payne on Sept. 3, a meeting Pogue characterized as an interrogation, Pogue delivered a check for $29,000 to board members two weeks later. When asked by Payne why he had not mentioned the promissory note during that meeting and why he had paid the money back early if the loan was legitimate, Pogue said he was in the middle of a City Commission race and felt threatened that his name would be smeared.
Ajackass

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Lmao I wouldn't give him a nickel..
lol

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 28, 2013
I just tweaked my nipples
azx

Blackford, KY

#4 Mar 29, 2013
so...it was all a misunderstanding? He shouldn't have gone to jail?
pathetic

Lewisport, KY

#5 Mar 29, 2013
Who gives a [email protected], get a life lmao
SaraZ

Owensboro, KY

#7 Mar 29, 2013
Someone has a court case on April 10th...it can be discovered online for everyone to see..pretty hard charges to if you ask me.
jimmy

United States

#9 Nov 2, 2016
Crook
jimmy

United States

#10 Nov 2, 2016
Billy Pogue is a career criminal and predator
info

Owensboro, KY

#12 Nov 3, 2016
Branch wrote:
Pogue is crooked!! He managed my family's apartment buildings and was saying that a lot of the apartments were empty when in fact he had a bunch of them rented and was keeping that money for himself and it wasn't until they couldn't figure out why all those apartment weren't being rented and we had someone take a peek at the apartments. It was then that we had the office locks changed and seized all the books. My family decided not to prosecute him. Then later we learned that Pogue put a huge down payment on the old bowling alley on 14 street. I guess karma is a bi+ch because he later lost that! I heard he had a cab company and heard that he didn't pay a lot of his employees for money owed. Does anyone know if he owns a cab company and where can he be found? He's a snake in the grass and can't be trusted!!
River city taxi or cab

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tim taylor 2 min Atlanta Assrammer 4
Gayle Smith 16 min Her fan 8
T Bouie doped up 22 min Haters 33
Keep A Word / Drop A Word Game!!! (Jan '13) 42 min def jam 1,208
Summer Newton 44 min Wake up 1
april edwards 1 hr hummm 2
Justi Normal Bryan Clark 1 hr whoever 2

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance