a server

Richmond, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2009
how come people don't tip their waitresses? they only make 2.13 an hour and have families and small children to care for..
Goofy

Owensboro, KY

#2 Sep 29, 2009
People usually tip because of good, friendly service. Not because their waitress is making a low wage.
wise

United States

#3 Oct 18, 2012
Never trust a fart
well

Hopkinsville, KY

#4 Oct 18, 2012
I kinda judge their service... So to speak... If they bring my drink quick, they get their 10% if I get my appatizer BEFORE my meal gets to me, I bump it up to 12% if they refill my drink right when It's almost gone (ya know, when ya need it most) I bump it up to 15% and if I get a "how is everything? will you be having a desert tonight?" I give em nearly 20%..... My check usually runs 40 for me and my husband.... sometimes I give em 10$.... If they fail at any of those things tho... Tip goes down.... And one time I got the crappiest service in history, mean snooty brat who never even got our drinks until AFTER our food got there 45 minutes later!!!... So... I left her a nickel... and a note that said... "Here's a nickel cause you aren't worth a dime" .... Then I had a chat with management, told them that she needed to forget about being a server and cause she's got more basic skills to learn, maybe he could have one of his better waitress's teach her some manners and maybe even how to smile
well

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Oct 18, 2012
Buuut I do not hold that bad encounter against any other server, they are all unique and personality counts 100%
golden rules

Owensboro, KY

#6 Oct 18, 2012
You should, it's the right thing to do.
yeh

Owensboro, KY

#7 Oct 18, 2012
well wrote:
I kinda judge their service... So to speak... If they bring my drink quick, they get their 10% if I get my appatizer BEFORE my meal gets to me, I bump it up to 12% if they refill my drink right when It's almost gone (ya know, when ya need it most) I bump it up to 15% and if I get a "how is everything? will you be having a desert tonight?" I give em nearly 20%..... My check usually runs 40 for me and my husband.... sometimes I give em 10$.... If they fail at any of those things tho... Tip goes down.... And one time I got the crappiest service in history, mean snooty brat who never even got our drinks until AFTER our food got there 45 minutes later!!!... So... I left her a nickel... and a note that said... "Here's a nickel cause you aren't worth a dime" .... Then I had a chat with management, told them that she needed to forget about being a server and cause she's got more basic skills to learn, maybe he could have one of his better waitress's teach her some manners and maybe even how to smile
That place definitely has you on the spit-in-food list now.
bullshyt!

Saint Charles, KY

#8 Oct 18, 2012
I work in pizza and been delivering pizza for a few months now. What I cannot and do not understand one single bit is how some people flat out will not tip no matter how nice I am or how fast I get the pizza delivered to them! I am sick and tired of fat lazy sons of byches who don't want to tip the pizza guy this is bullshyt! It isn't like I'm asking for much a couple bucks for me to do you a favor by delivering you food to your fat lazy worthless azz!
wiser
#9 Oct 18, 2012
wise wrote:
Never trust a fart
this is true, ask my ex about that! Nuka
well

United States

#10 Oct 18, 2012
yeh wrote:
<quoted text>
That place definitely has you on the spit-in-food list now.
That's ok, I spit on the nickel!
stuoid

Owensboro, KY

#11 Oct 19, 2012
you got to deserve your tip
oleg

Owensboro, KY

#12 Oct 19, 2012
20% for good service and 15% for bad.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

#13 Oct 19, 2012
Every week when we order pizza, I tip $5. I get my pizza correctly made, quickly, and with a smile. It's worth it. When eating at Sonic, the waitress gets $1 per person at least. At restaurants, 20% is standard. Since we frequent the same restaurants, we get good food and good service. It's much easier and less stressful to have things done right the first time by servers who know we will tip adequately. And yes, we both worked as servers during college.
well

Hopkinsville, KY

#15 Oct 19, 2012
yeh wrote:
<quoted text>That place definitely has you on the spit-in-food list now.
It was the Waffle House.... I haven't been there since then cause I assumed that :P
well

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Oct 19, 2012
[QUOTE who="bullshyt!"]I work in pizza and been delivering pizza for a few months now. What I cannot and do not understand one single bit is how some people flat out will not tip no matter how nice I am or how fast I get the pizza delivered to them! I am sick and tired of fat lazy sons of byches who don't want to tip the pizza guy this is bullshyt! It isn't like I'm asking for much a couple bucks for me to do you a favor by delivering you food to your fat lazy worthless azz![/QUOTE]

Cause they charge $2.00 extra to have it delivered and people assume that this is your tip.... When in fact it is not

“Tempermental Redhead!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 19, 2012
well wrote:
That's hilarious! Not that you got bad service but, the note! I bet you had a good laugh thinking about it later!
yepp

United States

#18 Oct 19, 2012
I hate it when me and a bunch of friends go some where like a table of 8 or so and they don't add tip on the check. Not that it matters much to me but im usually a very good tipper and im embarrassed to sit there and get good service for all of us and my friends leave 1 or 2 $ a piece. I will confront them about it. And i also fill guilty enuf to pick up the slack and leave alot more than i should to cover for my friends.
nice guy

Owensboro, KY

#20 Dec 27, 2012
I do
craptastic

Tucker, GA

#21 Dec 28, 2012
I do too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugly dudes with no teeth 8 min oh no 3
My man is cheating with someone from US Bank 44 min dockers 1
People who cheat 54 min dockers 3
Everyday someone new finds out and can't believ... 1 hr All bark no bite 3
Zack Goatee 1 hr PatientlyWaiting 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hardest Masters 848
ashlea havner 1 hr Kimberly Stallings 23

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages