bosses checking your facebook

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Johnny Bravo

United States

#1 Dec 30, 2012
Is it just me, or does anyone else think its bullshit when you get in trouble at work for something you posted on Facebook, that had nothing to do with your job, and was posted while you we're off?
private

Morganfield, KY

#2 Dec 30, 2012
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Is it just me, or does anyone else think its bullshit when you get in trouble at work for something you posted on Facebook, that had nothing to do with your job, and was posted while you we're off?
Delete ur boss and coworkers! Make ur page private.

What did u post??? Lol
Johnny Bravo

United States

#3 Dec 30, 2012
That's just the thing, my boss isn't on my friends list, and my page is private.

I don't wanna give too much info on here, because they probably check topix also, and they'll probably have an idea that I'm the one that started this thread if I give too much info.
lbj

Owensboro, KY

#4 Dec 30, 2012
I wouldn't like it if my employees were on Facebook on my dime? Do it on your own time
private

Morganfield, KY

#5 Dec 30, 2012
Johnny Bravo wrote:
That's just the thing, my boss isn't on my friends list, and my page is private.

I don't wanna give too much info on here, because they probably check topix also, and they'll probably have an idea that I'm the one that started this thread if I give too much info.
I hear ya Man. Do u have co workers on ur fb?
Johnny Bravo

United States

#6 Dec 30, 2012
If you read the first post, it said it was posted while I was off work...

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

United States

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Thats why you don't post stupid shit on fb.
Johnny Bravo

United States

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Just an old supervisor who does not want any contact with the company what so ever, because they royally screwed him over.
He's been gone for a few years, and wouldn't talk to any of the other bosses if his life depended on it.
Johnny Bravo

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2012
It had nothing to do with my job, or any person that works for this company.

It's my Facebook page, and I can post whatever I feel like.
Plus, my page is set to private.
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#10 Dec 30, 2012
1: don't air your dirty laundry in public. If you don't want the entire world to know your business, don't put it on Facebook. Whether your profile is set to private or not, it's still a public forum. You want to vent or whine about stuff you don't want some people knowing? Get a journal. That's private.
2: stay off Facebook while you're on the clock. Simple.
Do those two things (which you should be doing anyway) and you'll never have a problem, and you'll never get in trouble for something you posted on Facebook. Problem solved!
stupid

Owensboro, KY

#11 Dec 30, 2012
Your stuff shows up in strangers new feeds when your friends like or comment on your status' regardless of your settings. Nothing on the Internet is private. You are not protected by any privacy rights do if your employer doesn't like what you post then they have the right to disassociate you with their companies. It's called professionalism and if someone values their position within a company then they would be cautious of what they say or do.
truth

Princeton, KY

#12 Dec 30, 2012
Johnny Bravo wrote:
A. U should never post anything that would get you in trouble @ work. B. It's ridiculous the amount of information people put on-line today. C. If the bosses aren't checking your Facebook page, I assure you that some of your "friends" are busy reporting your information back to them. FYI: most people you work with are not your true friends.
a working man

Owensboro, KY

#13 Dec 30, 2012
haha, are you at work now and trolling on Topix? Bet they wouldnt like that either

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2012
It has nothing to do with work. Don't put stupid shit on fb. Period.
Johnny Bravo

United States

#15 Dec 30, 2012
Nothing I have said even indicated that I'm at work. For your information, I'm off on the weekends. I'm sitting at home at the moment
truth

Princeton, KY

#16 Dec 30, 2012
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Nothing I have said even indicated that I'm at work. For your information, I'm off on the weekends. I'm sitting at home at the moment
It doesn't matter when your posting at all. Employers want employees that are well behaved representatives in the community not just at work.

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#17 Dec 30, 2012
It happened to me several years ago. Before Facebook got big, there was Myspace where you could play games and make blogs about how you feel and whatnot. Well, I made a blog on how I felt about certain things with my former company at the time (which I went back to work for him again later on), my boss didn't like the post. I told him in no uncertain terms that I had a right to post whatever I wanted, but I didn't use his name. Long story short, he realized that things needed to be improved. We both sit down and talked it out. And to this day, I work for him. He knows how I feel about certain things and if I aint happy or need an answer on how to handle the situation, he will help me as well as I help him. But to the heart of the matter, Yes, you can get into trouble for posting bad things about your boss. But, if it is on your own time and not company time, then they really have no legal say in what you post on Facebook ot Topix or any other website, as long as it aint threating to do harm to them.
LMFAO

Princeton, KY

#18 Dec 30, 2012
It just shows they need to get a life.

Level 8

Location hidden

#20 Dec 30, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
They never said it had anything to do with their boss. They simply said that their boss didn't like what they posted.
Yes, but the boss shouldn't be offended cause if it doesn't relate to work, then the boss doesn't have no reason to tell that employee or even write them up for it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#22 Dec 30, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. But without knowing the nature of their business and their posts, we really don't know what may or may not be appropriate.
True. But I aint and will tell the bosses so if they ever try to write me up for something that they deemed offensive to them that unless I make a mention of their name, then they have no right to tell me what I can or cannot put on any websites I choose to follow or be on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
any good meth goin around (Jul '14) 43 min kaycee 22
snow days for public schools 1 hr wondering 1
i know who you r 1 hr dumb 1
daniel jones 1 hr Daniel jones 7
Michelle Wheatley leave the married men alone 2 hr wtf 1
Mollie Hagan in jail 2 hr Go figure 2
kenny bishop (Feb '13) 2 hr jtm 64

Winter Storm Warning for Daviess County was issued at March 05 at 4:50AM EST

Owensboro Dating
Find my Match