It is unpatriotic to suggest secessio...

It is unpatriotic to suggest secession or a civil war

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
truepatriot

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
It is shameful too.
Yea

Duluth, GA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
One could not only argue that it is patriotic but. That it is unpatiotic not to

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 14, 2012
I live in Ky. I'll move wherever the USA is available.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2012
Since less than 1/4 of the people of these states would actually want to secede, why do they think they have a chance? If they don't like the US, then THEY can move.
What

Duluth, GA

#5 Nov 14, 2012
truepatriot wrote:
It is shameful too.
It is your right under the constitution to do so. It is also a right to overthrow the government if the people of the u.s. want to. But try even mentioning that without going to jail for homeland terrorism. The people are scared of the government but dont think for a minute the government isnt scared of us. Our government is just like a middle school bully. They are scared so they constantly try to remind us how big and bad they are. I say fuckem
American Woman

Duluth, GA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
This is exactly the delimma I'm having with it. I love my country! There are many good things about it. But the question for me is where do we draw the line? The freedoms and liberties that the founders of this country fought and died for are being stripped away. At what point do we say "enough is enough"? And if we want to avoid civil war, what can be done to restore that freedom? It is not my country that I despise. It's the corrupt, power hungry, greedy government that is changing the things that make my country so great. I don't that seceding is the best option. The best option would be for the people to come together and demand the restoration of the freedom we have lost.
American Woman

Duluth, GA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
Comment wrote:
Since less than 1/4 of the people of these states would actually want to secede, why do they think they have a chance? If they don't like the US, then THEY can move.
I don't think that any of the states with the possible exception of Texas have a chance. I don't think that those who filed the petitions think that they have a chance. But I do think that it sends a strong message to our elected officials that we are not happy with the way things are headed. It also shows how divided our country is. Our unity is one of the things that makes us so formidable. If we lose that and can't get it back, we are severely weakened. Our enemies know this and I'm positive that they are watching for the slightest sign of weakness. It's a scary thing.
American Woman

Duluth, GA

#8 Nov 14, 2012
It is also possible that more than 1/4 of the citizens want to seceed, but are afraid of the ramifications of signing such a petition. There have also been petitions to strip those who sign the petitions to seceed of their citizenship and deport them. This could be a concern for a lot of people.
Castle

Owensboro, KY

#9 Nov 14, 2012
American Woman wrote:
This is exactly the delimma I'm having with it. I love my country! There are many good things about it. But the question for me is where do we draw the line? The freedoms and liberties that the founders of this country fought and died for are being stripped away. At what point do we say "enough is enough"? And if we want to avoid civil war, what can be done to restore that freedom? It is not my country that I despise. It's the corrupt, power hungry, greedy government that is changing the things that make my country so great. I don't that seceding is the best option. The best option would be for the people to come together and demand the restoration of the freedom we have lost.
I agree 100%
What

Duluth, GA

#10 Nov 14, 2012
American Woman wrote:
You are absolutely correct! That is why the founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment that we have right to form militia and to take back our country from the greedy backstabbing politcians!!!! But instead our scared government has made it a crime to stand up against or fight the so called leaders of this country

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>You are absolutely correct! That is why the founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment that we have right to form militia and to take back our country from the greedy backstabbing politcians!!!! But instead our scared government has made it a crime to stand up against or fight the so called leaders of this country
We have the opportunity to "take back" our government every single year and we don't need guns or bullets - it's called "elections". If who you voted for lost it's because more people wanted the other candidate - and that is called "democracy".
youdontknowme

Owensboro, KY

#12 Nov 14, 2012
BOO HOO ROMNEY LOST SO I DON'T WANT TO LIVE HERE ANYMORE. GROW UP! Please list the "rights" that are being stripped away from you, because it's the right wingers taking away rights!
Castle

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Dont you see that people are worried Taylor? Why is that? I have voted for the guy that lost about half the time. Never worried that one may radek away my rights though. Obama and his big government ideas have us concerned. Seceding is obviously over the top and not at all a good idea or viable option. Obama has 6,100 new federal regulations coming down the like in the next 90 days, EPA, more banking, many tied to obamacare. We don't want government telling us how to live day to day. That is not America. Why don't you see that?
What

Duluth, GA

#14 Nov 14, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have the opportunity to "take back" our government every single year and we don't need guns or bullets - it's called "elections". If who you voted for lost it's because more people wanted the other candidate - and that is called "democracy".
First off History Major, we are a Republic, not a democracy, second, electoral votes dont necessarily speak for the people. They speak for the 270 people it takes to win. Who by the way can be bought by lobbyist and corporate greed. Go ahead and preach you rhetorical nonsense and then get on another thread and preach another. Nobody listens to your government run media propaganda mind.
wrong

United States

#15 Nov 14, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>It is your right under the constitution to do so. It is also a right to overthrow the government if the people of the u.s. want to. But try even mentioning that without going to jail for homeland terrorism. The people are scared of the government but dont think for a minute the government isnt scared of us. Our government is just like a middle school bully. They are scared so they constantly try to remind us how big and bad they are. I say fuckem
Scalia said, "I am afraid I cannot be of much help with your problem, principally because I cannot imagine that such a question could ever reach the Supreme Court. To begin with, the answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede.(Hence, in the Pledge of Allegiance,â€one Nation, indivisible.†Secondly, I find it difficult to envision who the parties to this lawsuit might be. Is the State suing the United States for a declaratory judgment? But the United States cannot be sued without its consent, and it has not consented to this sort of suit."
wrong

United States

#16 Nov 14, 2012
It saddens me how unpatriotic some of you are. It is disgusting that you would rather see people die than live with a president you don't like. Justice Scalia said there is no constitutional right to secession. If you don't want to be here, you can move to another country.
What

Duluth, GA

#17 Nov 14, 2012
wrong wrote:
It saddens me how unpatriotic some of you are. It is disgusting that you would rather see people die than live with a president you don't like. Justice Scalia said there is no constitutional right to secession. If you don't want to be here, you can move to another country.
You mean a government appointed non elected official is going to side with the same corrupt government that appointed and pays them? Im shocked. Ask Justice Scalia how many hours a week and holidays away from home just to have a third of your check taken away that they have spent trying to live this "American dream"
Less crying please

Duluth, GA

#18 Nov 14, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>
First off History Major, we are a Republic, not a democracy, second, electoral votes dont necessarily speak for the people. They speak for the 270 people it takes to win. Who by the way can be bought by lobbyist and corporate greed. Go ahead and preach you rhetorical nonsense and then get on another thread and preach another. Nobody listens to your government run media propaganda mind.
Obama won the electoral AND the popular vote. So the people spoke. The majority chose Obama. Dry up those eyes and in three years start ramping up you conspiracy talk again. It's little too late now
Holy hell

Duluth, GA

#19 Nov 14, 2012
So the poor, uneducated, (lets stay politically correct here), minority groups, that never voted or even cared before until a half black man runs for president, decided to get out and vote again. Well thats great. The poor get to stay that way because they could care less, just keep sendin me dat check mista prez. And the rest of us will foot the bill
nope

Princeton, KY

#20 Nov 14, 2012
Holy hell wrote:
So the poor, uneducated,(lets stay politically correct here), minority groups, that never voted or even cared before until a half black man runs for president, decided to get out and vote again. Well thats great. The poor get to stay that way because they could care less, just keep sendin me dat check mista prez. And the rest of us will foot the bill
I have an advanced degree and so does 3/4 of my family. We work hard and voted Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do craigslist posts get flagged 6 min Felicia 6
Corydon troll, "Felicia" needs Jesus... 6 min lol 3
Sara Wells 7 min lol 15
lara miss jones 52 min duke 7
Kayla Dawn Purrcell PREGNANT 2 hr kristie 2
Misty Moffitt 3 hr Sad 24
donna mclevain? good head or nah 3 hr Greg 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages