how to put a dead beat dad in jail

how to put a dead beat dad in jail

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Calhoun, KY

#1 May 3, 2012
Any ideas?
Disabled vet

Henderson, KY

#2 May 3, 2012
How far behind?
curious

Calhoun, KY

#3 May 3, 2012
About 3000 but its from a few yrs ago but he pays now but its a hassle. i gotta beg for it then it tskes 4-5 days b4 he writes a check snd i gotta go acrosd town to get it. he skips a week here and there. hes about 6-700 behind this year. he just up and quit showing up for visitation bout a year ago and left his kids to wonder
Vet

Henderson, KY

#4 May 4, 2012
Okay as long as its handled this way u will always have problems. You will need to take your papers downtown also records of what's paid and what's not. They will make his money go through them and then u can't. This way they can garnish his pay and taxes.
Lol

United States

#5 May 4, 2012
Try 15000 behind in 3 years and he gripe! I would have them deduct it to if he's working though. They don't care he's not seeing the kid and if he's such a bad guy... U shouldn't either.

“"Humanity is overrated." ”

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Owensboro

#6 May 4, 2012
Mine is 7000 behind, a drug doer and dealer but also a snitch so he won't ever go to jail he puts the stuff around my son when I did let him go see him. Him and his whole family threaten me because I keep him away from them and when I take it to the county attorneys office I get talked to like I'm a dumbass and then the paper that they sent out to them to leave me alone makes me.sound like a liar. The house my son would go visit if I let him is filthy filled with roaches, has a drunk sitting on the couch 24/7 and a dad who he watches have sex with numerous women. His dad smokes weed in front of him and sets my son on front of the xbox all day so he doesn't have to mess with him. The list goes on and on and because I can't afford a lawyer I can't do anything about it but keep him away from them and try to protect him.
Hiswife

Owensboro, KY

#7 May 4, 2012
Take ur papers to child support and make them enforce them. You will have to stay on them though
Crystal b

White Plains, KY

#9 May 5, 2012
Mines 15,000 behind! Hes never paid a dime in my daughters lives answer the courts wont make him bc hey keeps saying hes applying for disability
Good Luck!
hey

Providence, KY

#10 May 5, 2012
1000 behind is a felony. How come they only enforce that on the good dads who are trying. They will take their license and put them in jail.
Sad

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 5, 2012
hey wrote:
1000 behind is a felony. How come they only enforce that on the good dads who are trying. They will take their license and put them in jail.
Bc the good dads who are working and trying are easy to locate to put in jail. The losers who don't work & deal drugs & everything else take more work to find & they aren't about to put any effort into that. I agree--take paperwork to the county attorney's office child support division but I'll tell you right now the workers are trash & don't do a damn thing. Some are snitches & druggies themselves so they protect the losers who aren't paying. I know that firsthand. Get on the waiting list for legal aid to get a lawyer also. Good luck!
hey

Providence, KY

#12 May 5, 2012
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Bc the good dads who are working and trying are easy to locate to put in jail. The losers who don't work & deal drugs & everything else take more work to find & they aren't about to put any effort into that. I agree--take paperwork to the county attorney's office child support division but I'll tell you right now the workers are trash & don't do a damn thing. Some are snitches & druggies themselves so they protect the losers who aren't paying. I know that firsthand. Get on the waiting list for legal aid to get a lawyer also. Good luck!
oh! Okay I understand now. Thx:))

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Owensboro, KY

#13 May 6, 2012
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Bc the good dads who are working and trying are easy to locate to put in jail. The losers who don't work & deal drugs & everything else take more work to find & they aren't about to put any effort into that. I agree--take paperwork to the county attorney's office child support division but I'll tell you right now the workers are trash & don't do a damn thing. Some are snitches & druggies themselves so they protect the losers who aren't paying. I know that firsthand. Get on the waiting list for legal aid to get a lawyer also. Good luck!
Fwiw, they don't go after the ones paying in extra to make up for the back support.
sevans

Texarkana, AR

#14 Jul 5, 2013
Okay ladies kids father behind 11000, i dont give two shits about his money. I dont need it, i believe that we as women/ mothers are responsible for our children whether the father wqnts to be or not..
Legal Aide

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jul 6, 2013
UKnowWhy wrote:
Mine is 7000 behind, a drug doer and dealer but also a snitch so he won't ever go to jail he puts the stuff around my son when I did let him go see him. Him and his whole family threaten me because I keep him away from them and when I take it to the county attorneys office I get talked to like I'm a dumbass and then the paper that they sent out to them to leave me alone makes me.sound like a liar. The house my son would go visit if I let him is filthy filled with roaches, has a drunk sitting on the couch 24/7 and a dad who he watches have sex with numerous women. His dad smokes weed in front of him and sets my son on front of the xbox all day so he doesn't have to mess with him. The list goes on and on and because I can't afford a lawyer I can't do anything about it but keep him away from them and try to protect him.
If you're going through the state you shouldn't need a lawyer. I didn't. It's based of both parents income. All you have to do is go downtown and sign papers that you give them permission to handle your child support. I never had any trouble but that's just me. If you absolutely need a lawyer and can't afford one try going to legal aide. Good luck.
Hmm

Richmond, KY

#16 Jul 6, 2013
Well without being real informed on this topic, it doesn't seem logical to have the father put in jail. He definitely won't be able to pay any money then. Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, don't know a lot about this.
bad system

United States

#17 Jul 6, 2013
What else can you do though, who knows how many more fathers and mothers would neglect to get their kids what they need if not for fear of jail...?
Well

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jul 6, 2013
If they're making no attempt to pay then yes they should go to jail. Let them sit in jail and not pay instead of living it up on the outside enjoying life and not paying for their responsibilities.
Jail jerks

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jul 6, 2013
The reason to put the father in jail is not to make him pay. He can't pay while in jail. The reason to put him in jail is to punish him for being a jerk. If he wasn't a jerk, they would still be married.
huh

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jul 6, 2013
Hmm wrote:
Well without being real informed on this topic, it doesn't seem logical to have the father put in jail. He definitely won't be able to pay any money then. Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, don't know a lot about this.
When it goes that far, it is not necessarily jail because you don't pay. It's jail because there is a court order being broken, and when laws and court orders are consistently ignored, what else can you do?
Dothis

United States

#22 Jul 7, 2013
You hire Candy and she will take care of this matter. She is the best on getting things done right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dope selling from diamond lakes 20 min Just curious 6
YOU ARE WRONG if you truly feel that 23 min FRFR 2
Spread love 1 hr Hot box 4
Industrial leasing 2 hr Rlw2337 13
Michael Magans friends and even enemies 2 hr Ya momma 2
Morris Plank stop posting ur girls business 2 hr Sober 4
Big MIKE ah RAT???? 2 hr Ya man my 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages