First Prev
of 4
Next Last
looking

Herndon, VA

#1 Jan 6, 2012
What are the wages like at US Bank
Home Mortgage?
Starting out?
Bonuses?

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Herndon, VA

#2 Jan 6, 2012
looking wrote:
What are the wages like at US Bank
Home Mortgage?
Starting out?
Bonuses?
depends on when you work (day/night), which department and what experience you have. To start out with no experience you won't be looking at any bonuses right away. Night shift starts around $10.
ha

United States

#3 Jan 6, 2012
Us bank is a joke find something else
You never make any money and it's all drama bc it's all women and it's boring and just gay
If you want to make 250 a week go for it they make it seem like a great place but it's pathetic
Stay away
kmm2012

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2012
Dnt drink the water U WILL get pregnant
it is a joke

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2012
They have such a turnover bc of drama and managers having too much control. And they don't care about your lives. they will fire you over anything- even lies that they claim was "investigated". They play off as a great employer-until you are the employee.
Go elsewhere if you want a career.
Former employee

United States

#6 Jan 6, 2012
Haha US Bank is a joke was my first thought too. I was told during the interview that they had hardly any turnover..when I got the job and spoke with employees it was a completely different story. Keep your mouth shut if you want to keep your job. Its a gossip kingdom there. If you say something, it will be around the whole place within hours. They lay off all the time too.
Another Former Employee

Lewisport, KY

#9 Jan 6, 2012
Worst place to work ever.... I worked there for over 9 years...the managers are horrible... I knew of a manager that wrote people up for having miscarriages.... no joke. because it was an unplanned day off.... I mean really
insurance

Providence, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2012
Another Former Employee wrote:
Worst place to work ever.... I worked there for over 9 years...the managers are horrible... I knew of a manager that wrote people up for having miscarriages.... no joke. because it was an unplanned day off.... I mean really
Did you work in the insurance department?? haha

Also, I worked there when I was pregnant. Must be something in the water.

Really, it's not a bad job. Not a great job either. I loved the girls I worked with.
it is a joke

United States

#12 Jan 6, 2012
Beentheredonethat wrote:
Linda Mitchell is a joke. They will fire you in a heartbeat if you're not in the "click." Just look at the ones who have been there the longest. Boob Jobs a plenty. Ridiculous pay for buttloads of work. Not worth it.@Shelby, you're an idiot. Managers there are power hungry Hitlers. They are all sucking each other off....it's pathetic. Huge turnaround....huge gossip house..blah blah..same as everyone else has said because it's TRUE.
Well said. And managers hiring their best friends... Then it's double teaming. Can't talk to supervisor about team leads patheticness and her own lies bc boss would pretend to care, then you'd get fired. Crazy and not worth the stressful environment. I watched 17 Ppl get booted in our dept in less than 3 years. Sad!
Just here

United States

#13 Jan 6, 2012
So why don't all of you uneducated losers just live off the gov. the rest of your lives.....hey I know maybe you can have another baby and draw a bigger check,bunch of pathetic losers
Kim

Herndon, VA

#16 Jan 6, 2012
I like working there great pay and benefits. Every work place has drama but If you're mature enough to handle it just ignore drama filled ppl and your job. Not hard
logan

United States

#17 Jan 6, 2012
Kim wrote:
I like working there great pay and benefits. Every work place has drama but If you're mature enough to handle it just ignore drama filled ppl and your job. Not hard
Great pay? 9 an hour is not great pay. I bring home $1,200 a week bc I left the bank, where I was only bringing home $525 ish every two weeks. Pathetic. It's good pay for ppl who like to sit and do nothing and get paid to do it.
Former Employee

United States

#18 Jan 6, 2012
Beentheredonethat wrote:
Linda Mitchell is a joke. They will fire you in a heartbeat if you're not in the "click." Just look at the ones who have been there the longest. Boob Jobs a plenty. Ridiculous pay for buttloads of work. Not worth it.@Shelby, you're an idiot. Managers there are power hungry Hitlers. They are all sucking each other off....it's pathetic. Huge turnaround....huge gossip house..blah blah..same as everyone else has said because it's TRUE.
There are "clicks" in the group for sure...and I do remember a lot of fake boobs! Funny that you mention that. You are expected to go above and beyond but the pay isn't above and beyond. I had to meet with Linda when I was deciding to quit. Our dept. was eliminated and they placed me in collections...something I didn't want to do. I applied for numerous other positions but wasn't considered for them because they were sought after positions and apparently I wasn't good enough for them.
Former Employee

United States

#19 Jan 6, 2012
Another Former Employee wrote:
Worst place to work ever.... I worked there for over 9 years...the managers are horrible... I knew of a manager that wrote people up for having miscarriages.... no joke. because it was an unplanned day off.... I mean really
I know someone that was fired for an unplanned day...when it happened to another person they were just given a slap on the wrist because they were buddy buddy.

Also, someone that was fired bc they accepted a call at their desk..finding out that someone in their family had died.
Former Employee

United States

#20 Jan 6, 2012
logan wrote:
<quoted text>
Great pay? 9 an hour is not great pay. I bring home $1,200 a week bc I left the bank, where I was only bringing home $525 ish every two weeks. Pathetic. It's good pay for ppl who like to sit and do nothing and get paid to do it.
You got to sit around and do nothing for the $525ish...I worked my butt off for that! They threw tons of loans at me, so many that I couldn't keep up.
duh

Crothersville, IN

#21 Jan 6, 2012
Shelby wrote:
I wonder what it's like to be an adult and still get bothered by gossip.
You sure wonder what it's like to be an adult often enough. News flash-managers do have control over employees bc that's what they do. Thanks for being another disappointment to society that relies on hardworking people like me to support you....
ridiculous

Owensboro, KY

#22 Jan 6, 2012
It's amazing that everyone that has something bad to say no longer works there. No one ever has anything good to say about a former employer. Gossip is in every work place, and calling into work I cause for a write up if it is excessive. Im sure someone didn't get fired bc they called in once. If that was true there wouldn't be so many idiots in my dept! I may not make the same as someone in another state makes doing the same job BUT I make damn good money for this town. So what about fake boobs? When you make good money you can buy things like that. If it makes someone feel better about themselves so be it. Their money their business. I know there are shitty depts but in my dept most people are overpaid for what work they do!! My bonuses are bank!
Heisenberg

United States

#23 Jan 6, 2012
I am a current employee and while this isn't the best job in the world it is not a bad job. The pay is ok. I make $10/hour but do get a bonus every month in the realm of about an extra $500-700. If you're in need of a job I would recommend it. And where ever you go ever will have some sort of favoritism so don't let that talk dissuade you, I am not particularly friends with anyone here and work just fine with everyone here.
bella

Herndon, VA

#24 Jan 6, 2012
If ur desperate for a job then I would say go for it. I worked there for a year and felt like a zombie clocking in and clocking out. There were a few great people to work with but the managers and team leads were a joke. They walked around with a pissed off look in their face all the time. People would get in trouble for talking with their co workers and someone got fired every thursday. I personally hated it. I worked at independence bank too and I would recommend that bank over any other.
Wow.

United States

#25 Jan 6, 2012
It does seem a little funny that everyone bashing US Bank is a former employee. I really love my job here. I make over $10 an hour plus monthly bonuses that make my paycheck pretty decent for what I do. Plus, the night shift at US Bank is perfect if you're going to school. And keep in mind, there are many different departments in many different locations in Owensboro and things are different in each department. Just because things suck in one, doesn't mean they suck in them all. I know it's hard to believe, but there are departments where almost everyone gets along and almost everyone is happy.
Plus US Bank looks good on any resume. I feel like its a really good job and jobs are hard to come by these days, can't be too picky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby mamas 3 min Stepmom 43
Looks like some post were deleted today 6 min Sunday readin 6
Brooke Love snitch or nah 21 min haaaaahhh 20
bryan clark (Mar '14) 30 min Blah 7
Southwire 41 min Single 1
My old school hottie wants to reunite 48 min Abcdefg 8
Kendal Carter 1 hr Curious 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages