westboro baptist church

westboro baptist church

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Apr 3, 2013
Is it true?
hey

Richmond, KY

#3 Apr 3, 2013
I hope not.
i heard

Owensboro, KY

#4 Apr 3, 2013
They are going to picket that cable/gable guys funeral.
yes

United States

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Unfortunately so
lion

Owensboro, KY

#6 Apr 3, 2013
How can we fight back?

Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7 Apr 3, 2013
several military veterans and civilians as well are going to build a human wall outisde the funeral home.....anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated
Sad Mom

Owensboro, KY

#8 Apr 3, 2013
bluegalaxy wrote:
several military veterans and civilians as well are going to build a human wall outisde the funeral home.....anyone willing to help would be greatly appreciated
Where do we need to meet? I will definitely be willing to help keep those people away from that poor family and so will my friends.. I just read his online obituary at Haley McGinnis Funeral Home, is that them leaving comments on his Memorial page? It says I think JonWBC... It's so pitiful. I can't believe they do this to these poor mourning families.
rumorhasit

Owensboro, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
And this is enlightening: http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/04/jonath...

By giving attention to their tactics, and spreading rumors that they'll be here, you're only spreading the message of hate. Be there for Michael. Don't be there to oppose them. They have the right to say whatever they like, no matter how inaccurate, hate-filled it may be. They're a bunch of lawyers that want some patriotic good ole boy to try to throw down with them, so they can try to sue the pants off any entity even somewhat associated with the "assault."

As far as forming a wall- you really think that wouldn't happen just with passerby once someone laid eyes on them? It's not like there are bunches of them-they're a tiny group and there's just so much they can do to spread the hate nationwide. Crap like this handwringing over the possibility just feeds them, and enables them to do more.
Sad Mom

Owensboro, KY

#11 Apr 4, 2013
rumorhasit wrote:
And this is enlightening: http://www.maggiesnotebook.com/2011/04/jonath...

By giving attention to their tactics, and spreading rumors that they'll be here, you're only spreading the message of hate. Be there for Michael. Don't be there to oppose them. They have the right to say whatever they like, no matter how inaccurate, hate-filled it may be. They're a bunch of lawyers that want some patriotic good ole boy to try to throw down with them, so they can try to sue the pants off any entity even somewhat associated with the "assault."

As far as forming a wall- you really think that wouldn't happen just with passerby once someone laid eyes on them? It's not like there are bunches of them-they're a tiny group and there's just so much they can do to spread the hate nationwide. Crap like this handwringing over the possibility just feeds them, and enables them to do more.
I just sadly went to there website and they have a list of places they plan to picket. You are right they just want attention but I also know what it feels like to lose a child and it feels like your heart has been ripped out and the air has been sucked out of the room. Michael's name was not on their list to picket. I hope they aren't there even if they are a small bunch. The family is in enough pain. Pain that nobody can understand unless you have lost a child. GOD bless his family and him for fighting for our freedom. I hope he can rest in peace. His life is over and sadly his family will have to live with this until they are all reunited again.
MOM

Owensboro, KY

#12 Apr 4, 2013
This is wrong on all levels! What type of people do these things? This young man's family deserves the utmost respect...and nothing less!! And, yes, I get the whole 'freedom of speech' stuff, don't want to hear it, because Sgt. Michael Cable died for our freedoms, and he deserves way better than a bunch of 'selfish, attention seeking idiots' protesting his funeral. God bless this fine young mans family during such a heartbreaking time for them! Westboro, you should be ASHAMED of yourselves!!!
There here

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2013
I think they might already be here. I saw tons of people standing on Carter road about 20 min ago. Bunch of police too
No joke

Tucker, GA

#14 Apr 4, 2013
I can't wait until they receive all the hurt & pain they have caused others! It all comes back ten fold!! A very poor, pathetic, & ignorant group of people....if you can even call them human.
well

Owensboro, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2013
I find it hilarious you are all in shock! These are just some of the good "Christians"
lets see

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Apr 4, 2013
well wrote:
I find it hilarious you are all in shock! These are just some of the good "Christians"
They don't act like Christians, they're nothing but a hate group.
well

Owensboro, KY

#17 Apr 4, 2013
Uh huh as opposed to the other "good" Christian groups?
Yes

Owensboro, KY

#18 Apr 4, 2013
lets see wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't act like Christians, they're nothing but a hate group.
Exactly... They are a joke... Hate is nothing, but the devils work. For them to call themselves "Christians" is completely absurb.
hey

Tucker, GA

#19 Apr 4, 2013
Human walls are the best against them. Unfortunately there is nothin we can do. Getting angry and giving them attention is what they want. Ignoring them and showing them what a good Christian would do is what we need to do.
randy jackson

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 4, 2013
i wouldnt worry, they always say their going but hardly ever go
that guy

Tucker, GA

#21 Apr 4, 2013
Friend

Hopkinsville, KY

#22 Apr 4, 2013
well wrote:
I find it hilarious you are all in shock! These are just some of the good "Christians"
you seem to know of them. One question are they without sin? If not aren't they just picking a choosing from the bible. I'm not in shock and I think you are being sarcastic. These people need to check there prioritys. To blast the dead with words of deep threat and to spread hate is wrong is Gods eyes. To spread Gods love is right. We all need to go out and show are support for him. Let's build this wall!! For Michael.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CBD Oil Owensboro 16 min CBD 1
Jason W you have 46 min Scotty 6
Kayela Ellis 1 hr What a joke Kayela 27
Owensboro Police Department 1 hr Teacher 65
Who to vote for ? 1 hr Teacher 1
Walnut and 8 street 1 hr Nothingbuttrash 6
Jessica Westerfield, the window smasher girl 1 hr The observer 1

Owensboro Jobs

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages