Need a hard core, good divorce lawyer

Need a hard core, good divorce lawyer

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Thanks

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2014
I need a divorce lawyer that is going to fight for everything and not give up. Want to stick it to his ass because he was very abusive to me and my son and there is proof... Pictures, witness, neighbors. Any suggestions on lawyers.
WOW

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 11, 2014
Candy ingelbert she don't stop she get you everything you want
Thanks

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2014
He has her, so I can't get her :-/
Anyone else?
I need someone that will go after his ass in the divorce.
I want his true colors brought out and how bad and abusive he is.
WOW

Owensboro, KY

#4 Aug 12, 2014
Thanks wrote:
He has her, so I can't get her :-/
Anyone else?
I need someone that will go after his ass in the divorce.
I want his true colors brought out and how bad and abusive he is.
Flaherty is a douche but he can get his way if not him go out of town cause david taylor rhonda taylor evan taylor they are just to nice!!!
huh

Evansville, IN

#5 Aug 12, 2014
go bang his best friend and call him while you are doing it,,,,,, that should just about rip his guts out.....
beenthere

Philpot, KY

#6 Aug 12, 2014
Tyler Johnson
maybe

Princeton, KY

#7 Aug 12, 2014
Thanks wrote:
I need a divorce lawyer that is going to fight for everything and not give up. Want to stick it to his ass because he was very abusive to me and my son and there is proof... Pictures, witness, neighbors. Any suggestions on lawyers.
You should try someone in Louisville. Make sure if you stayed at home to raise the kids, you get compensated for the lost wages and contributions to your social security.
Rule 1

Princeton, KY

#8 Aug 12, 2014
1. Gather financial documents.

Along with holiday greetings, this month’s mail brings year-end statements from banks, brokerages, credit card companies and the like. Make copies of these. Go through our Financial Information Checklist to see what other financial and legal documents you should gather and copy as well. Secure the copies with a trusted friend or family member, or use a safe deposit box that your husband can’t access.
Rule 2

Princeton, KY

#9 Aug 12, 2014
2. Assess your credit.

Request a copy of your credit report, and correct any misinformation it contains. Good credit is the foundation of your financial future, so watch it carefully! Without credit it can be near impossible to obtain loans for any purpose, or even to manage the expenses of running your household.

Keep an especially close eye on credit card statements. If your husband is using your joint credit cards to buy his girlfriend gifts this holiday season, you’ll want to be able to document that.
Rule 3

Princeton, KY

#10 Aug 12, 2014
3. Open accounts in your own name.

As a single woman, you will need your own bank accounts and credit cards. It is not too soon to set these up. Use a different bank than where you currently have joint accounts, and open both savings and checking accounts in your name alone.

Credit cards are especially important, and may be somewhat difficult to obtain. The Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act was passed in 2009 to protect consumers, especially college students, from getting into serious financial trouble by accumulating credit card debt they could not afford to pay. A provision of the law prevents people from getting credit cards on the basis of family income, when that income is not individually theirs. Unfortunately, though, that provision can also make it difficult, if not impossible, for “at-home” spouses without paid work to obtain credit on their own. Women who put their careers on hold to care for children and family, and then find themselves divorcing, are very vulnerable to the serious problems this can cause.

The good news is that in October 2012, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau proposed changes to the CARD Act to rectify this unintended consequence of the law. The changes will allow non-working spouses to apply for credit in their own name based upon shared household income.
Rule 4

Princeton, KY

#11 Aug 12, 2014
4. Begin to assemble a professional divorce team.

Gone are the days when, if you or your husband wanted a divorce, the only thing to do was for each of you to retain lawyers who would then work through all the legal matters. Today, financial portfolios –and the regulations that govern them –are much more complex, and many women find they need multiple layers of professional help to navigate all the legal and financial details.

If you’ll be divorcing in 2013, it’s a good idea to begin researching divorce professionals who can steer the process. I recommend you start with a matrimonial/family law attorney, a divorce financial planner and a therapist/counselor. Gather and compare information and schedule interviews with the best candidates for January. Then, you can relax a bit, knowing that, as the New Year unfolds, your divorce will be in expert hands.
Rule 5

Princeton, KY

#12 Aug 12, 2014
5. Be watchful.

As your focus turns from being married in 2012 to getting divorced in 2013, there are some important things to watch out for. It is still very common for husbands to hide assets and/or income during divorce –even though that’s underhanded, unethical and illegal. The tactics run the gamut from stashing cash in safety deposit boxes, to underreporting income and overreporting expenses, to unloading property to family and friends with the understanding he’ll get it back after the divorce settlement is final. I’ve written before about specific signs that your husband might be hiding assets. Be vigilant.

Moreover, if you have any reason to suspect there is something amiss financially, you may want to seriously rethink filing a joint tax return for 2012. In most cases, the IRS is likely to find you are equally liable for any misdeeds, no matter how innocent or ignorant of them you are.(There is a very limited and hard-to-get I.R.S. and state exception called “Innocent Spouse Relief,” but it is rarely accepted. Find more details in this article.)

In closing, let me also remind you to use this time of year to take full advantage of the mental and emotional clean slate a New Year brings. Begin to Think Financially, Not Emotionally®, and set your sights on your future as an independent single woman. If you are considering divorce in 2013, you are far from alone, and there are more resources and professional help than ever to guide you through the process. Resolve to get the help you need to start down the path toward your secure financial future, and you’ll be able to ring in the New Year with confidence.
Rule 6

Princeton, KY

#13 Aug 12, 2014
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jefflanders/2012/...

Here's the link to the article. Good luck! God bless.
Thanks

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2014
Thanks everyone so much!!
Thanks

United States

#15 Aug 12, 2014
I heard good things about carol bowling in hawsville. Anyone know how good she is?
lawsvu

Owensboro, KY

#16 Aug 12, 2014
Evan taylor
forwarn

United States

#17 Aug 13, 2014
I know who this is and u had better get a good attorney cuz u crazy!!!
lol

Owensboro, KY

#18 Aug 14, 2014
Rule 5 wrote:
5. Be watchful.
As your focus turns from being married in 2012 to getting divorced in 2013, there are some important things to watch out for. It is still very common for husbands to hide assets and/or income during divorce –even though that’s underhanded, unethical and illegal. The tactics run the gamut from stashing cash in safety deposit boxes, to underreporting income and overreporting expenses, to unloading property to family and friends with the understanding he’ll get it back after the divorce settlement is final. I’ve written before about specific signs that your husband might be hiding assets. Be vigilant.
Moreover, if you have any reason to suspect there is something amiss financially, you may want to seriously rethink filing a joint tax return for 2012. In most cases, the IRS is likely to find you are equally liable for any misdeeds, no matter how innocent or ignorant of them you are.(There is a very limited and hard-to-get I.R.S. and state exception called “Innocent Spouse Relief,” but it is rarely accepted. Find more details in this article.)
In closing, let me also remind you to use this time of year to take full advantage of the mental and emotional clean slate a New Year brings. Begin to Think Financially, Not Emotionally®, and set your sights on your future as an independent single woman. If you are considering divorce in 2013, you are far from alone, and there are more resources and professional help than ever to guide you through the process. Resolve to get the help you need to start down the path toward your secure financial future, and you’ll be able to ring in the New Year with confidence.
You need to get a life or some weenee and im not talking about you're dad again incest is nasty remember that next time you are withhim
geez

Owensboro, KY

#19 Aug 14, 2014
If he has Candy as his attny , you need Evan Taylor.
princess of everything

Owensboro, KY

#20 Aug 14, 2014
I agree with geez, Evan Taylor would be good to go up against Candy...otherwise, go out of town. (And, NO, to Carol Bowling)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
awww poor laura part 3 12 min Nighthawk Kenny Blue 2
Ashley 16 min Gabbard 1
Who's the cook in pellville.....I n u to contac... 19 min Mad bear 1
Child support payed but taking forever to post ... 25 min My goodness 2
trashy dopeheads 1 hr lewis 3
Christina Roberts Knott 1 hr Sarah 28
Christopher Hill trash 2 hr heaintnun 54

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages