The Mary Owen Murder
truth

Owensboro, KY

#22 Jan 21, 2013
it was Waitman Taylor's son Dr. Taylor who killed himself, Dr. Schell/Shell's son...don't know where he is...supposedly the Greenwell man was just the accompliss and took the heat for it all cuz of the other 2 dad's money and high social light...tragic
saddened

Owensboro, KY

#23 Jan 21, 2013
If you ask your parents, they will all tell you it was a very weird and hush case for the most part. The girl was buried in South Dakota, i think that was where the family was originally from.
jess

Tucker, GA

#24 Jan 21, 2013
That's very sad I hope guilt over whelms there lives. All the people involved that paid to hush shit I hope they burn in hell.
saddened

Owensboro, KY

#25 Jan 21, 2013
Mary Owen's parents agreed to a reduced charged for the Greenwell boy. Why wasn't Taylor or shell's sone identified?
Ann

Owensboro, KY

#26 Jan 21, 2013
truth wrote:
it was Waitman Taylor's son Dr. Taylor who killed himself, Dr. Schell/Shell's son...don't know where he is...supposedly the Greenwell man was just the accompliss and took the heat for it all cuz of the other 2 dad's money and high social light...tragic
This doctor was in med school at the time. His parents lived on the same street as Richard Greenwell and Greenwell's family at least from 1960-1978. Looking up the addresses for both the doctor's family and Greenwell's family (at that time) on Google Maps, it appears that both houses have been torn down to build the parking lot for Owensboro High School (or the expansion of the school). The lived next door to, or very close to each other. Of course, that doesn't mean anything.
Ann

Owensboro, KY

#27 Jan 22, 2013
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
This doctor was in med school at the time. His parents lived on the same street as Richard Greenwell and Greenwell's family at least from 1960-1978. Looking up the addresses for both the doctor's family and Greenwell's family (at that time) on Google Maps, it appears that both houses have been torn down to build the parking lot for Owensboro High School (or the expansion of the school). The lived next door to, or very close to each other. Of course, that doesn't mean anything.
This was the elder Dr. S who lived on the same street as the Greenwells. The younger Dr. S was in med school at the time. I realize I didn't make that clear.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

#28 Jan 22, 2013
I can see why there was a problem solving the case. I have heard the name of 1 additional local surgeon reported to be involved that has not been mentioned yet. And I'm too scared to say his name. If I feel like this, anonymously and this many years later, I can imagine how scared anyone else would be to testify at the time.
I Remember

Owensboro, KY

#29 Jan 22, 2013
I had never heard there was another thought to have been involved. Very interesting. And believe me I understand that you are reluctant to name names. I felt the same way as you. If infact these guys were involved in what happened. I can't imagine living with the guilt but I would bet they have put the guilt way behind them and feel they got away with it all scott free. And sure looks like they have to me. If there is truth to the rumors. There is no way that a case would ever be reopened.....
surgeon

Versailles, KY

#30 Jan 22, 2013
Comment wrote:
I can see why there was a problem solving the case. I have heard the name of 1 additional local surgeon reported to be involved that has not been mentioned yet. And I'm too scared to say his name. If I feel like this, anonymously and this many years later, I can imagine how scared anyone else would be to testify at the time.
I've heard it was schell

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31 Jan 22, 2013
Does anyone know what happened to Richard Greenwell and who lives in his old house
Ann

Owensboro, KY

#32 Jan 22, 2013
Skipper42301 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Richard Greenwell and who lives in his old house
Richard Greenwell's old house was torn down. The space was to be used as part of the expansion for Owensboro High School or for more parking for the school.
curious

Owensboro, KY

#33 Jan 22, 2013
I am just so confused..why was the schell boy and taylor never convicted of this crime?
better

Tucker, GA

#34 Jan 22, 2013
It's called having money. Dr Taylor couldn't live with the guilt anymore, and that is way he killed himself. I would hate to have to live knowing I helped take someone's life. And I'm guessing the other person was J.B
Fun

Owensboro, KY

#35 Jan 22, 2013
It's also scary. If these drs really Did do it then some of us may be at some point putting our lives in the hands of murderers. Some surgeons iin our little town are murdereres. That's horrible. And their patients don't even know. The only place I've ever heard this is here. First time was a few years ago.
Fun

Owensboro, KY

#36 Jan 22, 2013
Few months ago not years
Fun

Owensboro, KY

#37 Jan 22, 2013
And they've never denied it. I'm sure them or someone they know has seen the posts yet no denials.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#38 Jan 22, 2013
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>Richard Greenwell's old house was torn down. The space was to be used as part of the expansion for Owensboro High School or for more parking for the school.
I don't think it was torn down. I recently went by there, since OHS renovated. The address matched the ones in old records. There is a no trespassing sign in the front yard. Maybe due to HS kids. Two story brick and It looks creepy.
sad

Upton, KY

#39 Jan 22, 2013
Comment wrote:
The boys you are talking about were juniors in high school in 1972.
I Remember

Owensboro, KY

#40 Jan 22, 2013
To courious. No they were not ever charged. I assume they were questioned at least. There was only 1 charged and convicted. The Greenwell boy.
The Truth

White Plains, KY

#41 Jan 22, 2013
Nothing creepy about the old Greenwell
House. There is a very sweet older couple living there and the wIfe is fighting cancer. I think they just don't need any additional aggravation right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuckold experience for her tonight 21 min Casual male 1
Owensboro Metalsa 29 min Pink Fairy 1
Question ladies 36 min Taken charge 1
Samantha higgs and Austin roberts 49 min Please 3
Mudds Furniture Harold Greenwell 54 min Greenwood Ford 6
Ice only busted Hispanic owned business not whi... 1 hr DaveDMV 4
Friendship with 11 year old 1 hr Needmoreinfo 4
Owensboro City Commission Race 4 hr Yep 41

Owensboro Jobs

Personal Finance