Cal Ripken or east Daviess county lit...
Jonathon

Owensboro, KY

#42 Feb 15, 2012
I was told that Highland is for "beginners" Yellow Creek for advanced players. But, I have friends that signed their son up at Yellow Creek and they are not that good, this is confusing! Why 2 leagues for the same age and same are of town???
chica12 hater 56

Owensboro, KY

#43 Feb 15, 2012
chica12 wrote:
That would be Highlands President, Kevin Shelton, that started all this. And If u want my opinion of he wanted to start a new league he should have to step down as Highland president. I know Masonville and knottsville don't have enough for teams. Other than that numbers may be lower but the playgrounds have enough for some teams.
ok u know so much not
Anonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#44 Feb 15, 2012
No u can play at whichever u choose. And that's a good question. All it does is cause total confusion like it already has. I don't get why someone had to go and change something that has been going good for years.
Anonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#45 Feb 15, 2012
chica12 hater 56 wrote:
<quoted text>ok u know so much not
grow up!! Yes I do know about all this cause I have been to all the meetings
Dave

Owensboro, KY

#46 Feb 15, 2012
So why would someone sign up at yellow creek if their playground still has baseball? The newspaper made it sound like playgrounds were moving to yellow creek. Very mis-leading!
chica 12 id unknown

Owensboro, KY

#47 Feb 15, 2012
chica12 wrote:
<quoted text>grow up!! Yes I do know about all this cause I have been to all the meetings
Thanks we got what we needed out of you. Slander is against the law!!!
Baseball truth

United States

#48 Feb 15, 2012
Nothing is happening to the playgrounds. Kevin Shelton started the little league at yellow creek park. Highland STILL has their program and if you would like to play at Highland please, by all means sign up. The information has been VERY misleading to the point of seeming like they are trying to trick folks to go to Yellow creek. The basics are

1. If you want to play baseball at your school with your child's friends, sign up at your local playground. Nothing is changing at the local playgrounds other than it will be cal Ripken and that is to provide East playgrounds opportunity to play west playgrounds

2. If you want to play ball at yellow creek park only, sign up there. You will not play at any playground field though, you won't be grouped by what school your child attended, etc. will be more like southern where you have tryouts and then the coaches decide which kids are on which team

If you signed up at The Next Level, you signed up for yellow creek with Kevin Shelton The playgrounds had sign ups and most were at the schools they are at with a few exceptions.

And for those that will try and say I do not know what I am talking about...you are sadly mistaken. I have given the FULL facts. Those that say otherwise are trying to continue the confusion.

The breakdown is...to play ball with your kids friends at your playground, sign up with your playground. To do tryouts and play ball with random kiddos but all games at yellow creek, sign up at yellow creek.
chica12

Bowling Green, KY

#49 Feb 15, 2012
Sorry but a personal opinion is no where near the same thing as slander
chica12

Bowling Green, KY

#50 Feb 15, 2012
Yes the story in the paper made it sound that way as well as the yellow paper that got sent home with the kids, we seem to think that was the point. Apparently some people aren't happy with the way each playground runs things. And they think some playgrounds cheat and stack teams. But even if that were true whose to say it won't happen at Yellow Creek. It happens everywhere, everyday in life...some people r just out for themselves
chica12

Bowling Green, KY

#51 Feb 15, 2012
To baseball truth.....couldn't agree with u more!!!
Crooked

Owensboro, KY

#52 Feb 15, 2012
Sheldon was over everything before... He says moving to YC will discourage cheating... Uh, yeah right. There were PLENTY of teams last year who, uh hmm, "chose" not to draft, aka "stacked" teams... Isn't that against the rules?!? And this is not coming from a parent of a losing team... Ours did quite well and we DRAFTED!!! I was told this by a parent of one of those "stacked" teams... He said it very matter-of-factly. Let's just say most of the "stacked" teams were from out in the county... Far out in east county. You figure it out... We chose to stay with our playground. Screw Sheldon.
Crooked

Owensboro, KY

#53 Feb 15, 2012
Shelton, my bad. :)
Dave

Owensboro, KY

#54 Feb 15, 2012
QUOTE who="Crooked"]Sheldo n was over everything before... He says moving to YC will discourage cheating... Uh, yeah right. There were PLENTY of teams last year who, uh hmm, "chose" not to draft, aka "stacked" teams... Isn't that against the rules?!? And this is not coming from a parent of a losing team... Ours did quite well and we DRAFTED!!! I was told this by a parent of one of those "stacked" teams... He said it very matter-of-factly. Let's just say most of the "stacked" teams wepto stay with our playground. Screw Sheldon.[/QU. He must not be too eager to stop the stacking of teams, he offered whitesville a place and they alwaus stack a team. But they turned him down. This is all so sad. I mean its kids baseball. Amazing!!!
Crooked

Owensboro, KY

#55 Feb 15, 2012
Dave wrote:
QUOTE who="Crooked"]Sheldo n was over everything before... He says moving to YC will discourage cheating... Uh, yeah right. There were PLENTY of teams last year who, uh hmm, "chose" not to draft, aka "stacked" teams... Isn't that against the rules?!? And this is not coming from a parent of a losing team... Ours did quite well and we DRAFTED!!! I was told this by a parent of one of those "stacked" teams... He said it very matter-of-factly. Let's just say most of the "stacked" teams wepto stay with our playground. Screw Sheldon.[/QU. He must not be too eager to stop the stacking of teams, he offered whitesville a place and they alwaus stack a team. But they turned him down. This is all so sad. I mean its kids baseball. Amazing!!!
I know!! My child will have fun playing no matter what though! Good luck to YC. I hope the adults don't ruin it for the kids. I don't care who's team is the best, but I do think those who sign up to follow the set rules, should actually play by those rules.
AllStars

Owensboro, KY

#56 Feb 16, 2012
This is all about the all-star team. That guy that was in charge of LL last year, and has now moved to Yellow Creek could careless about anything other than the allstar tournament at the end of the season. He obviously did not have the playgrounds on board with this move, hence , they didn't go. He stayed on as Highland prez long enough to milk players then left. Thruston was wanting this as well. That was it. Whitesville did not like it, Country Heights, Meadowlands, Masonville, Knottsville, even some of Highland and Thruston stayed. So, what was accomplished? Now we have 2 leagues for the east county. Kudos Yellow Creek LL, and good luck with the all-star tourney this year! Just one thing you may want to remember as you start your season. This is about kids, for kids, not for you or an inflated ego, but for kids. To learn how to play baseball, to learn morals, ethics and teamwork. Did you do what was best for the kids? If you said yes, which I am sure you did, I would love to see how you rationalize this one!
AllStars

Owensboro, KY

#57 Feb 16, 2012
chica 12 id unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks we got what we needed out of you. Slander is against the law!!!
While you are on the subject of slander, how about Kevin Shelton being quoted in the newspaper of accusing the playgrounds of stacking teams. He also stated that the playgrounds don't give the kids a fair shake when it comes to playing time. He also sent that in a letter...TO MY HOUSE! I am a coach at a playground and am highly offended at his false claim that we cheat! How dare he!!! I have never "stacked" a team nor has anyone at our playground! We put the kids first, which is why we stayed at the playground. Shelton just wanted to field a team that could compete with Southern...PERIOD... So if you want to point some fingers, point them in that dudes direction.
to the point

Utica, KY

#58 Feb 16, 2012
AllStars wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are on the subject of slander, how about Kevin Shelton being quoted in the newspaper of accusing the playgrounds of stacking teams. He also stated that the playgrounds don't give the kids a fair shake when it comes to playing time. He also sent that in a letter...TO MY HOUSE! I am a coach at a playground and am highly offended at his false claim that we cheat! How dare he!!! I have never "stacked" a team nor has anyone at our playground! We put the kids first, which is why we stayed at the playground. Shelton just wanted to field a team that could compete with Southern...PERIOD... So if you want to point some fingers, point them in that dudes direction.
I agree! This is all about All-Stars and nothing else. We started fall ball at Southern and EDC tries it the next year, they do not do well and Kevin tries to force his way into fall ball and sends out threats that he will not agree to EDC kids playing at Southern. This was done because nubers were low at EDC for fall ball, but Southern does not run fall through Little League, so we can accept anyone and everyone regardless of where they live. The threats didnt work. Southern was even told that EDC would send all their kids to Southern, but didnt and because of it a lot of EDC kids missed out on fall ball.
Sad

Owensboro, KY

#59 Feb 17, 2012
I just heard that highland playground has lostpst of its players to yellow creek.....sad that they destroyed a playground for their own selfish needs!
Baseball Mom

United States

#60 Mar 16, 2012
All of this negativity is ridiculous. It doesn't matter where your kids play there is always gonna be someone that is unhappy. Southern is no exception. Our east Davies county kid played at Southern for fall and played out field all season even though he is an experienced catcher. Southern was more interested in training up a player that was playing there in the spring-- that had never been a catcher, of course until the tournament and then our kid suddenly moved to catcher. Hmmm! Most importantly, if your coaching, teach the kids that they are each valuable in the position they know how to play, not just filling a hole on your team. If you can't coach and teach the kids the game without dragging them down, there are lots of positions that need filled in the cheering section!
want some fun

Owensboro, KY

#61 Mar 17, 2012
i agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to shoneys??? 5 min Previous customer 1
Cute girl at Walgreens 54 16 min carl is a troll 9
Carla Arcuri beautiful but needs better people ... 25 min cowboy boots 5
Chris smith 46 min Billy Norris 11
Keep A Word / Drop A Word Game!!! (Jan '13) 48 min white collar 1,164
Jason West 1 hr truth 1
Amber watts and her time out of jail (Sep '16) 2 hr nikki 9

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance