lindbergh baby

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Never found the kidnappers.
what

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 13, 2013
What the hell are you talking about? That was 80 years ago. The kidnapper got the death penalty.
lol

Madisonville, KY

#3 Mar 13, 2013
what wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? That was 80 years ago. The kidnapper got the death penalty.
He was framed
what

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 13, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
He was framed
Was Lee Harvey Oswald framed too?
What about John Wilkes Booth?
Tell us everyone who was framed, so we can correct the records.
lol

Madisonville, KY

#7 Mar 14, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>Was Lee Harvey Oswald framed too?
What about John Wilkes Booth?
Tell us everyone who was framed, so we can correct the records.
Lee Harvey Oswald possibly ... John Wilkes Booth No. Don't you watch the History channel? I'm sure you weren't around in the 1920's to know one way or the other.
what

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 14, 2013
They had very good evidence. Among other things, they proved the ladder used in the kidnapping was made from wood that came from the perp's attic. And they caught him in possession of thousands of dollars of the ransom money.
evilone

Calvert City, KY

#9 Mar 14, 2013
The wicked Witch of the East was framed.
jessie

Owensboro, KY

#10 Mar 14, 2013
we need to kidnap our thoughts, we need to read a map, we need to fix that staple, we need to find coupons, we need bacon, we need a government program...
what

Owensboro, KY

#11 Mar 14, 2013
The ransom money was paid in gold notes, which were becoming obsolete. Everyone was required to turn in their gold notes to a bank and get new currency. That made it possible to monitor usage of the ransom money. Banks were given a list of the serial numbers. That was how they caught the perp. He was using the ransom money, and had a lot of it stashed at home. Then the wood in his attic being a perfect match for the ladder used in the crime made it clear he was the one. Then witnesses identified him as being one of the ones who collected the ransom. And another witness identified him as being near the crime scene.

What possible reason could anyone have for thinking he was framed? He was a total stranger, completely unknown to the Lindberghs or the cops. Why would anyone want to frame a complete stranger? The only way he became known at all was by using some of the ransom money, and getting caught using it, and having a big stash of it at home.

His only possible defense would be that he collected the ransom money as a crime of opportunity, knowing there would be some. But the ladder made it clear he was the kidnapper.
what

Owensboro, KY

#12 Mar 14, 2013
An intelligent discussion on this forum?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
home depot employess 14 min thatguyjones 17
Library 19 min Well 15
deryan mchenry 27 min nono 8
tamika renee 36 min mmm 3
cheating? (Sep '13) 47 min Potty 22
Charles Greathouse 1 hr how do I tell her 2
Tim Simone 2 hr he has my heart 13
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web