High paying job without degree

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Searching

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2013
What are the highest paying jobs in owensboro without a degree? I'm halfway through an associates degree but I need a good job now. I'd be happy with sales, factory, factory work, or anything that pays well.
:)

United States

#2 Sep 27, 2013
Searching wrote:
What are the highest paying jobs in owensboro without a degree? I'm halfway through an associates degree but I need a good job now. I'd be happy with sales, factory, factory work, or anything that pays well.
Are you male or female? I'm a hairdresser and my income is better than any factory job.
Searching

Owensboro, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2013
Female. True but I need a degree or certification or something for that. I need a job now like within a week or two. Thanks though. I have been wanting to do nails but that takes time too.
prostitution

United States

#4 Sep 27, 2013
Heard it pays good if you are a 3 or higher.
Yeah right

Tucker, GA

#6 Sep 28, 2013
I don't know any hairdressers pulling 6 figures, but I could be wrong. I do know it's possible working a blue collar job like I do though.
Curious

Owensboro, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2013
Yeah right wrote:
I don't know any hairdressers pulling 6 figures, but I could be wrong. I do know it's possible working a blue collar job like I do though.
. So where do you work and what's the starting pay?
Yeah right

Tucker, GA

#8 Sep 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>. So where do you work and what's the starting pay?
I work in a power plant. Starting pay while training is around 50k, once trained around 85-90k base plus holidays, bonus and overtime = >100k. Suffice it to say I do NOT work for OMU.

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2013
On average I clear $1200-$1400, that's after paying my booth rent and supplies. This time of year is a little slow I may clear $700-$900, but at the the holidays it's not less than $1400 a week
Yeah right

Owensboro, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2013
I bet when you say "clear" you aren't talking about after taxes, health insurance and 401k contributions. There's no way you "clear" that as a hair dresser if you are paying booth rent, taxes, health insurance, 401k, Social Security etc etc. I would bet my paycheck on that.
IRS

Richmond, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2013
Yeah right wrote:
I bet when you say "clear" you aren't talking about after taxes, health insurance and 401k contributions. There's no way you "clear" that as a hair dresser if you are paying booth rent, taxes, health insurance, 401k, Social Security etc etc. I would bet my paycheck on that.
Probably working on an all cash under the table basis. We will catch up to her no doubt.
Where

United States

#12 Sep 28, 2013
Yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
I work in a power plant. Starting pay while training is around 50k, once trained around 85-90k base plus holidays, bonus and overtime = >100k. Suffice it to say I do NOT work for OMU.
That's really good!! Where do you work at? I'm going to apply. How long is training? That's a deal, they give you a 90% raise after training.

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2013
Yeah right wrote:
Yes that includes booth rent, and liability insurance. My husband pays our health insurance and 401K. I pay my taxes quarterly, that includes social security and save a percent every month for that. I work 4 days a week and on average do 4-6 chemicals a day (colors, highlights, perms) not including waxes and haircuts. In a 10-12 day I see around 6-10 clients. And those clients who get chemicals average ticket is $87-$100. So yes I do CLEAR that:)

United States

#14 Sep 28, 2013
Where wrote:
<quoted text>That's really good!! Where do you work at? I'm going to apply. How long is training? That's a deal, they give you a 90% raise after training.
I work at very established salon here in town. My training was 1 1/2 years bc I went during high school, but as an adult it takes 2 years. I never said anything about a 90% raise. I've worked my butt off for almost 17 to have to clientele I have.
Funny

United States

#15 Sep 28, 2013
[QUOTE who=":) "]<quoted text>
I work at very established salon here in town. My training was 1 1/2 years bc I went during high school, but as an adult it takes 2 years. I never said anything about a 90% raise. I've worked my butt off for almost 17 to have to clientele I have.[/QUOTE] PSHHHH yeah tell another joke
Really

Owensboro, KY

#16 Sep 28, 2013
[QUOTE who=":) "]<quoted text>
I work at very established salon here in town. My training was 1 1/2 years bc I went during high school, but as an adult it takes 2 years. I never said anything about a 90% raise. I've worked my butt off for almost 17 to have to clientele I have.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to the guy that said he worked at a factory making 100k. I was joking, very few people make 100k at a factory. Maybe of he's an engineer. He said they start you out at 50k and then after training you make 90k. I think he's full of crap. If it was that good of a job, everybody would want to work there.
summitcoalminer

Richmond, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2013
Coal mining pays well. We hire women too. 40hr work week you clear about 900.00. andyou get all the overtime you want.Free insurance,no deductible.
Curious

Owensboro, KY

#18 Sep 29, 2013
Any more?
dude

Princeton, KY

#19 Sep 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
Any more?
Finish your degree. Too many factories end up closing up.
Curious

Owensboro, KY

#20 Sep 29, 2013
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Finish your degree. Too many factories end up closing up.
. I am finishing my degree but I still need money now. I will take night classes and work days
Truth

Owensboro, KY

#22 Sep 29, 2013
Let me offer you some wisdom here. Get a part time job in the field you want to work in. Then get a 4 year degree in that field. A two year degree sucks unless it's something health care related, working on cars, or beauty school. Do the best you can do in school. It does matter for future employment.

Don't waste your time with a degree that everybody else is getting. Teaching is a perfect example. How many teachers can there be in this town. If 4 people graduate a year with a teaching degree, that's 8-12 new teachers ahead of you.

It's better to be broke now vs broke later with student loan debt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
april edwards 7 min sam's club 1
Tim taylor 1 hr Wilson 2
Justice Martin 3 hr That one bihh 1
Those who betray you 5 hr leave revenge to ... 4
Bad dads not parenting 5 hr can't win 2
Baby mama's 7 hr Hmmmmm 11
Hoover and 'Bambi' 7 hr Hey Nella Eliza 11

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance