Local Police Departments

Local Police Departments

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Studly Steamer Sledgehamm

Rockport, IN

#1 Dec 21, 2013
What is the difference in OPD, The Sheriff and Troopers? I see all of em around. Do they have specific boundaries?
boo bear

Princeton, KY

#2 Dec 21, 2013
City county and state
lol

Madisonville, KY

#3 Dec 22, 2013
Studly Steamer Sledgehamm wrote:
What is the difference in OPD, The Sheriff and Troopers? I see all of em around. Do they have specific boundaries?
OPD is within the city limits.(Unless in pursuit) Sherriff is the county and Troopers are state boys, they can go everywhere.
No name

Owensboro, KY

#4 Dec 22, 2013
OPD patrols the city, but does have jurisdiction out in the county in special circumstances. Sheriff's Dept has jurisdiction in all of Daviess County. This includes the city. However they usually leave the city alone for OPD. KY State Police (Troopers) have state wide jurisdiction, however they are assigned to specific areas (post's), which they are usually further assigned to one or two counties out of the many counties covered by that post.
lol

Madisonville, KY

#5 Dec 22, 2013
No name wrote:
OPD patrols the city, but does have jurisdiction out in the county in special circumstances. Sheriff's Dept has jurisdiction in all of Daviess County. This includes the city. However they usually leave the city alone for OPD. KY State Police (Troopers) have state wide jurisdiction, however they are assigned to specific areas (post's), which they are usually further assigned to one or two counties out of the many counties covered by that post.
Yeah sounds better when you say it.
boo bear

Princeton, KY

#6 Dec 22, 2013
How many times does the same thing need to be said?
addict

Owensboro, KY

#8 Dec 23, 2013
OPD we know yal got a drug ring going on .....shit stop Arresting me for the sh:t yal send out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is Albert selling these days 3 min Lol 15
Rick Greathouse 11 min Damn 3
Anyone know anything about Ally Stewart? 13 min Heather 3
jay etherton 20 min Ripjay 10
Swingers 31 min Ouch 3
Casey Martin 58 min Not me 6
Lowes 1 hr guess who????? 6

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance