why i wont eat at chick fila again
G nomieo

United States

#21 Aug 1, 2012
beniceppl wrote:
I have plenty of gay friends but i don't believe in the same sex dating or having sex. They all know it and we're all cool. All u ppl need to get the actual story before writing your here say on here bad mouthing a company. Did u not see the story about the woman that got sued for almost $500,000 for starting a rumor on topix? Keep that in mind while posting. Although some of u need to be shamed.
that came from left field!!! Wtf haha
sinner

United States

#24 Aug 1, 2012
I have sinned and I'm sure I will again, but being gay is wrong, God made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve. You would not have brothers and sisters if everyone was gay. You would just have big hot piles of pop!
truth wrote:
Today is August 1st anti gay day at chick Fila. I do respect people's differences in opinions but the comments I heard were far my appalling. It is a sad day when people don't care about the humanity of other people. Gay people are our brother and sisters too. Jesus reached out to the downcast in society. He didn't arrange anti protest against those with leprosy, the prostitutes, etc. etc. He showed mercy and said that he without sin cast the first stone. As a father, I am ashamed that my children are growing up in an area so absent of tolerance and respect for the dignity and inherent worth of all people.
sinner

United States

#25 Aug 1, 2012
Not pop. Auto correct, it was to be poo!
sinner wrote:
I have sinned and I'm sure I will again, but being gay is wrong, God made Adam and eve, not Adam and Steve. You would not have brothers and sisters if everyone was gay. You would just have big hot piles of pop!
<quoted text>
ceecee

Owensboro, KY

#26 Aug 1, 2012
You people are certifiable. So what? So the Cathy family believes in tradional marriage? So they believe in Christian values... how is that a shock??? Were any of you gays or lesbians discriminated against as you ordered your chicken salad sandwiches??? No. I would venture to say you were shown nothing but respect and good service. You choose to excoriate Chick-Fil-A and people who believe in the same values and label them as 'hatemongers' and 'hypocrits' because you don't like what they have to say. It was recently pointed out that Amazon gave over $2M to pro-LBGT causes. I still shop online from Amazon because I believe that they have the FREEDOM to support who they want. I also strongly continue to support Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby (both of whom are Christian-based organizations). Quit trying to twist your own self-serving views into some kind of modern day civil rights crusade. It's getting old. If you don't want to eat there, then shut up and go get a Big Mac.
read this

United States

#27 Aug 1, 2012
G nomieo

Owensboro, KY

#28 Aug 1, 2012
ceecee wrote:
You people are certifiable. So what? So the Cathy family believes in tradional marriage? So they believe in Christian values... how is that a shock??? Were any of you gays or lesbians discriminated against as you ordered your chicken salad sandwiches??? No. I would venture to say you were shown nothing but respect and good service. You choose to excoriate Chick-Fil-A and people who believe in the same values and label them as 'hatemongers' and 'hypocrits' because you don't like what they have to say. It was recently pointed out that Amazon gave over $2M to pro-LBGT causes. I still shop online from Amazon because I believe that they have the FREEDOM to support who they want. I also strongly continue to support Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby (both of whom are Christian-based organizations). Quit trying to twist your own self-serving views into some kind of modern day civil rights crusade. It's getting old. If you don't want to eat there, then shut up and go get a Big Mac.
and it was a few hundred years ago that they were saying the same thing about slavery....learn from history :)
WHITE BOY

Portage, MI

#29 Aug 1, 2012
B nice to be able to eat my spicy chicken sandwhich and waffle fries without the possibility of two queers comin in......
G nomieo

Owensboro, KY

#30 Aug 1, 2012
I'm about to Abraham Lincoln these bitches =P
read this

United States

#31 Aug 1, 2012
G nomieo wrote:
<quoted text>and it was a few hundred years ago that they were saying the same thing about slavery....learn from history :)
Thank you, exactly. Ignorance. Smh
read this

United States

#32 Aug 1, 2012
WHITE BOY wrote:
B nice to be able to eat my spicy chicken sandwhich and waffle fries without the possibility of two queers comin in......
You know the most homophobic are usually the biggest closet cases?
G nomieo

Owensboro, KY

#33 Aug 1, 2012
Did u know while running for president in 1860, at the age of 51, Lincoln received this letter from 11 year old Grace Bedell suggesting that he grow a beard to improve his appearance.
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#34 Aug 1, 2012
I am a Christian and parent of a gay Christian child. I don't have a problem with CFA making a stand but I will not support things that are against my family's best interest. I am most surprised by the hateful attitudes of other Christians. It seems that a lot of Christians enjoy hating on gays for their sin while forgetting that they themselves are also sinners. You can't pick and choose which sins you think are okay and which are 'bad'.
compassionatechr istian

Providence, KY

#35 Aug 1, 2012
I think when you single out a group of people this goes against the teachings of Jesus. Gays pay taxes and deserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness guaranteed by the constitution for all people. Denying gay people these rights is wrong. We do not deny these rights to adulterers, people who are greedy, people who lie, people who do not honor their mother or father, and people who covet thy neighbors wife. All of these are mentioned in the bible. I think you cannot hold people to different standards...separate and unequal. As a Christian, I am beyond amused at how much emphasis is placed on homosexuality, but not adultery. We are supposed to treat people the way that we want to be treated. It does not say in the bible that you can only love your neighbor as yourself if they are straight.
hello

Providence, KY

#36 Aug 1, 2012
-blank- wrote:
The only person being persecuted for their beliefs in this whole debacle are the Christians. They have a right to believe what they believe. Mr Cathy didn't say he was against gays, he said he believed in a biblical definition of marriage. He also doesn't agree with divorce, but that didn't upset anybody.
Those that preach equality, should live it. Equality to Christians included!
exactly
all god's children

Providence, KY

#37 Aug 1, 2012
hello

Providence, KY

#38 Aug 1, 2012
compassionatechristian wrote:
I think when you single out a group of people this goes against the teachings of Jesus. Gays pay taxes and deserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness guaranteed by the constitution for all people. Denying gay people these rights is wrong. We do not deny these rights to adulterers, people who are greedy, people who lie, people who do not honor their mother or father, and people who covet thy neighbors wife. All of these are mentioned in the bible. I think you cannot hold people to different standards...separate and unequal. As a Christian, I am beyond amused at how much emphasis is placed on homosexuality, but not adultery. We are supposed to treat people the way that we want to be treated. It does not say in the bible that you can only love your neighbor as yourself if they are straight.
loving your neighbor doesn't mean making sure you don't hurt their feelings and make sure they are emotionally happy. If I love someone, I am going to tell them the truth especially when it might involve eternal consequences. Doesn't mean you do it in a hateful manner and protest the streets with signs in a Westboro style. It doesn't mean to turn your back on them and count them worthless. But if a professing Christian attempts to logically rationalize or support gay marriage, I would question their view and beliefs on the Holy Scriptures which is the core to knowing Gods will for humanity. Just because some can't comprehend on a finite human level of thinking does not mean their idea of fairness is Gods idea. If your a Christian don't attempt to pull the fair card, because if life was fair we would have hung on a cross, or we would burn in hell. Life isn't about fair, it's about the will of God.
ironic

Providence, KY

#39 Aug 1, 2012
hello wrote:
<quoted text>exactly
It's funny how Christian groups have boycotted glee, jcpenny, and other organizations for supporting gay rights, and you never hear the gays yelling that they are being persecuted. Some people boycott chick Fila, and now all Christians are being persecuted. I'm a Christian and I don't feel persecuted.
G nomieo

Owensboro, KY

#40 Aug 1, 2012
I am the LORD your God…
You shall have no other gods before

You shall not make for yourself a carved image

You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.

Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Honor your father and your mother.

You shall not murder.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.

Nothing about gays....but everyone harps on it.....I have committed a few sins put down by God. Give up bashing others and take care of yourself. Stay classy Owensboro.
all god's children

Providence, KY

#41 Aug 1, 2012
patriot

Hamilton, OH

#44 Aug 1, 2012
Good, so you won't be making the line longer...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's that Amy Smith chic what she all about 3 min Kemmy 3
Tiffany Nelson arrested 48 min Looker 7
Video 53 min Wondering 1
OCTC refunds 1 hr Sally Mae 3
Nichole bowldes or Burt 2 hr Tlk2much 2
Ashley philpott 2 hr Hithimup 5
Dear Morris Plank 2 hr Morris Plank 10

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance