Understanding

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

I myself could never give my child up for adoption but understand the many situations a woman or young teen may need to. I don't believe in abortions but also understand why others may choose to. However,if society were more supportive to people who choose to give their child over to a loving couple who can provide that child with a happy life,I think more women would choose adoption instead of abortion. Quit calling these women $luts,bad mothers,or whatever the name may be and look at the good their sacrifice can do for others. Their inconvenient situation could change the lives of a couple who cannot conceive on their own,saving a life in the process. It is also better for someone to place their child if they are not emotionally,physically, or financially able to provide for that child. Don't have a baby just to mistreat or neglect the poor thing. Society tends to want to criticize those who abort or are bad parents but lack the support of a woman doing what's best for that child if she places it for adoption. For some,it may be easy as they dont want the burden. But for other's it will be the hardest thing they ever do.
Emerald

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

I'm pro-choice, & I completely agree that society is way too hard on mothers. Period. My daughter is 7 months old. I'm financially unstable, and I regret everyday that I went through with this pregnancy. If it weren't for her father, she would already have been adopted by my aunt, who has been very active in her life from the start. But, because his family would disown him, & because of him caring so much about what his family thinks, she is still with us. & probably will be until it becomes so difficult that neither of us can take it anymore. It is unfortunate to say the least, that her birth has caused so much hardship. We're young & selfish, and I should have known from the start that I wasn't fit to be a mother. Before you judge, I know it's not my daughter's fault & I don't take my frustrations out on her. But she could have a better life if she was allowed to be adopted by someone who actually wants her & can fully provide for her.
ok

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2013

Emerald wrote:
I'm pro-choice, & I completely agree that society is way too hard on mothers. Period. My daughter is 7 months old. I'm financially unstable, and I regret everyday that I went through with this pregnancy. If it weren't for her father, she would already have been adopted by my aunt, who has been very active in her life from the start. But, because his family would disown him, & because of him caring so much about what his family thinks, she is still with us. & probably will be until it becomes so difficult that neither of us can take it anymore. It is unfortunate to say the least, that her birth has caused so much hardship. We're young & selfish, and I should have known from the start that I wasn't fit to be a mother. Before you judge, I know it's not my daughter's fault & I don't take my frustrations out on her. But she could have a better life if she was allowed to be adopted by someone who actually wants her & can fully provide for her.
Just because u r struggling now don't mean that u always will be.. I had my first son when i was 14.. And i had 4 kids by the age of 22.. I kept them all and I am so glad that I did.. Yes it was a struggle in the beginning but things got better.. Now I am a young grandmother and love it!! So just hang in there and hopefully things will get better!!! Don't give up!! Cherish every moment that u have while she is little, because they grow up way to fast!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
elisha lewis 5 min first pick 4
Stacy Morris- Bradshaw 10 min miller3327 13
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min conservative crapola 139,031
Sarah whitaker fulks 25 min uh 13
john smith 31 min His family 47
Stay at home moms 32 min Nottheonlyone 3
who wants a hard piece of meat 57 min Down 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owensboro Jobs

•••
•••
•••