are american workers worth at least $...

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#145 Feb 19, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>It never was a part of corporate culture.
They use to do a much better job of sharing corporate profits with everyone that was a part of helping make them. Now the entire corporation is designed around enriching only those in the very upper echelons. In the 1960's, the average CEO made 40 times the amount of the average worker - that number has now ballooned to 400 times that of the average worker. That large of a disparity only exists in the USA. There is no legitimate reason for it except greed.
Lolz

Paducah, KY

#146 Feb 21, 2013
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
If your brain can't process that the link provided, along with other search results, have corresponding pages then there's no hope for you anyway. Give this a try! When you're on page 1, you can then go to page 2. When you're on page 2, you can then go to page 3, and so on and so on. Just look where to click and you're all set! Print this out if you can't remember all the steps. Actually doing research before you comment on something is an invaluable tool!
Those are WAY too many steps for TheRealOldSchool to understand! You can tell from his political posts that his thinking goes no deeper than the simplistic talking points and sound bytes he hears from talk radio, Fox News and other Rupert Murdoch owned media outlets.
get real

Duluth, GA

#147 Feb 21, 2013
Lolz wrote:
<quoted text>Those are WAY too many steps for TheRealOldSchool to understand! You can tell from his political posts that his thinking goes no deeper than the simplistic talking points and sound bytes he hears from talk radio, Fox News and other Rupert Murdoch owned media outlets.
Are you ever going to say something different? You seem to be the person with the same talking points.
Lolz

Paducah, KY

#148 Feb 21, 2013
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you ever going to say something different? You seem to be the person with the same talking points.
Thanks, RealOldSchool, you're an even bigger moron when you're signed out.
blah blah blah

Duluth, GA

#149 Feb 21, 2013
Lolz wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, RealOldSchool, you're an even bigger moron when you're signed out.
Your arguments consist of the same talking points and name calling every time. That doesn't work in the real world. So keep behind your monitor or smartphone and you should be ok.
become an adult

Owensboro, KY

#150 Feb 21, 2013
blah blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arguments consist of the same talking points and name calling every time. That doesn't work in the real world. So keep behind your monitor or smartphone and you should be ok.
As passionate and as quick are you are to always jump to his defense, you two sound very close! Almost as if you're one and the same! Did he ever figure out that search engine problem he was having? Maybe you can help him out with that. After you teach him how Google works, you can even teach him about the other searches engines. Being informed on how to find the vast world of knowledge and information out there is a wonderful thing! Good luck to you!:)
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#151 Feb 22, 2013
There was an article in the paper about this recently....got me to thinking. If companies have to increase the wages they will cut hours of the employees and increase the price of their products/ services. Rent, food, gas etc will all cost more and we will be pretty much in the same place as we are now, w minimum wage workers barely afford to live. They will lose their food stamps, section 8, etc bc they will no longer qualify. People who make more than 9 currently likely won't get raises so the rent, food, gas etc increases will hurt them too.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#152 Feb 22, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
There was an article in the paper about this recently....got me to thinking. If companies have to increase the wages they will cut hours of the employees and increase the price of their products/ services. Rent, food, gas etc will all cost more and we will be pretty much in the same place as we are now, w minimum wage workers barely afford to live. They will lose their food stamps, section 8, etc bc they will no longer qualify. People who make more than 9 currently likely won't get raises so the rent, food, gas etc increases will hurt them too.
It's the same drivel they repeat every time they start talking about increasing the minimum wage, but it never happens.
sle

United States

#153 Feb 22, 2013
The minimum wage needs to go up it puts money in the pockets of the people who need it and spend it.The super rich just stack it up.(WATCH OUT FOR RIGHT TO WORK),
amen

Princeton, KY

#154 Feb 22, 2013
sle wrote:
The minimum wage needs to go up it puts money in the pockets of the people who need it and spend it.The super rich just stack it up.(WATCH OUT FOR RIGHT TO WORK),
The truth shall set you free.
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#155 Feb 23, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>It's the same drivel they repeat every time they start talking about increasing the minimum wage, but it never happens.
Really? You don't think the cost of living has increased?
stay on topic

Paducah, KY

#156 Feb 23, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You don't think the cost of living has increased?
Really? You can't respond without changing the subject? Nobody said the cost of living has not increased.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Owensboro, KY

#157 Feb 23, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You don't think the cost of living has increased?
Yes, the cost of living ALWAYS increases - even when we go several years with no increase in the minimum wage.:)
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#158 Feb 23, 2013
My point is that if minimum wage increases then the cost of living will increase. If employers have to pay more they will have to charge more!
Econ 101

Paducah, KY

#159 Feb 23, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
My point is that if minimum wage increases then the cost of living will increase. If employers have to pay more they will have to charge more!
Please find out the definition of cost of living. In the future you might be able to comment without coming off so uninformed.
Haha

Owensboro, KY

#160 Mar 21, 2013
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad it didn't take you long to find out that TheRealOldSchool isn't sharpest crayon in the box. Instead of admitting he's full of crap, he pretends that a Google result only has one page...lol. If he doesn't make himself aware of something, it doesn't exist in his mind.
That guy argues just like a small child who's been caught lying. He still won't acknowledge that the search result had more than one page. Lol

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

United States

#161 Mar 21, 2013
Haha wrote:
<quoted text>That guy argues just like a small child who's been caught lying. He still won't acknowledge that the search result had more than one page. Lol
The search results had more than one page. They still only showed 3 examples. I'd say that's a far cry from being the entire network.
Man up

Owensboro, KY

#162 Mar 21, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
The search results had more than one page. They still only showed 3 examples. I'd say that's a far cry from being the entire network.
You're mentally ill. You got called out for lying. Now just bite the bullet and shut up! You're not helping yourself with these endless denials.
Man up

Owensboro, KY

#163 Mar 21, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
The search results had more than one page. They still only showed 3 examples. I'd say that's a far cry from being the entire network.
Just three people? Really?! What is your problem with just being honest? Dick Morris, Karl Rove, Michael Barone, Charles Krauthammer, Kenneth Bickers, George Will and various Fox "experts". That's just the first page! Just because you don't click beyond that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The way you keep denying what everyone else can see continues to make you look crazy. You are not helping yourself or your party with the way you're acting. Grow up!

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

United States

#164 Mar 21, 2013
Man up wrote:
<quoted text>Just three people? Really?! What is your problem with just being honest? Dick Morris, Karl Rove, Michael Barone, Charles Krauthammer, Kenneth Bickers, George Will and various Fox "experts". That's just the first page! Just because you don't click beyond that doesn't mean it didn't happen. The way you keep denying what everyone else can see continues to make you look crazy. You are not helping yourself or your party with the way you're acting. Grow up!
The statement that was made was that Fox was predicting a landslide. Do you know what a landslide is? All of those people you just listed did not predict a landslide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry devins 23 min Holly quinn 1
Matthew Vanhoose arrest for Abandonment of Minor!! 27 min yourearealwinnerm... 3
Laurie swanson 1 hr Someone who cares 11
mikey coleman 1 hr Fake 2
fatal car accident hwy 56 2 hr Someone who cares 398
Misty Moffett 2 hr Youre pathetic 47
leeann pettit 2 hr Chi-Chi 2
Moped Driver involved with SUV at 4th / Locust ... 12 hr Bystander 50
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages