Join a UNION get back your RIGHTS!
USW Gal

Tucker, GA

#67 Jul 16, 2013
Union Worker wrote:
No one should have to feel like they have no options in life, or that they are utterly alone. A job should not be something that offers nothing in return for hard work except a paycheck that forces someone to choose between food or medical needs. That’s why unions exist.
Unions not only raise the economic quality of life for workers, but can also offset the “difficult-to-measure social costs borne by working-class youths as they struggle to forge stable and meaningful adult lives.”
When someone joins a union, they are joining a family–a group of brothers and sisters who go through the same things they do, who will stand with each other when the inevitable bumps in the road do occur. And together, union members have a strong voice that fights for good jobs, which in turn leads to more opportunities for a fulfilling personal life as well.
Very well said.
Even the people I don't exactly ENJOY working with have been by my side when times were tough. If it was something one of us needed, say because of a sudden accident, or if the company was trying to pull something on one of us, we stand UNITED, I'll pay my dues until I retire thank you very much.
It's obvious Unions aren't for everyone.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#68 Jul 24, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great when you can only retort with "bullshit". It highlights your stunning vocabulary and your inability to provide any factual insight.:)
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that needs knocked off, hard.
Zzzzzz

Chicago, IL

#69 Jul 25, 2013
THUNDER CLAM wrote:
<quoted text> You seem to have a chip on your shoulder that needs knocked off, hard.
...Said the troll who made a registered name just to be a constant douchebag.
Easy to tell

Murray, KY

#74 Aug 16, 2013
get a life you homo wrote:
^
I see the "United States" location trolls obsession with Taylor and man on man sex continues. He must imagine he's him when he posts under his username...lol
The real Taylor guy uses an actual registered nickname. This fool posting as him has been stalking him since the election.
shaggydog

United States

#76 Aug 19, 2013
Haha more of this ProUnion crying read a post about working for $2 a hour for 18 hours... Get real. Quick posting slanted stats to try to make organized crime part of the work place. A union is a business and just like everything that they are supposed to be fighting for they take from you just as well. If you don't like your job, slavery was abolished long ago, become a skilled worker and find a better one. A union is a ploy to try and get the uneducated a job in which they promise will pay more but does not. Slanted stats from a dissolving organization.
shaggydog

United States

#77 Aug 19, 2013
USWA save the work place? How can you believe that? How many jobs did it save when Ford, G.E, Alcoa, and many many more jobs where lost for good? They striked at Ford because $44 a hour was not enough and they would not take a pay cut I save their jobs. I would much rather get paid $30 a hour and be employees than have a union I was forced to give money to close my company down due to the union not wanting to take a pay cut from there dues.
shaggydog

United States

#79 Aug 19, 2013
Furthermore, I don`t really see what`s so bad about loving your brother or sister. Like, father and daughter or mother and son is crossing the line. But, brother and sister is not wrong in my eyes, love is love. Everyone has the right to love whoever they like and the people who are disgusted by it all i have to say to you is you can`t change the way people feel and if you have such closed minds you are the reason why some people are bitter; it`s because you don`t understand love. love makes the world go round. I say, if you love your sister, brother, teacher or anyone older of younger than you, go for it. it`s your choice who you want to love and you never know they may have mutual feelings.
Wife

United States

#82 Aug 23, 2013
My husband works for a Union and he makes great money! I can't complain about the union whatsoever. It's put food on my table and provided me with everything I could want.
When will you people realize that it's about the people working? If you're a good worker and you want more than minimum wage for your family, you do what you have to do, union or not. Our country was founded on religion and unions. We've strayed away from both entirely too much. That's whats wrong with the world.
Bill

Orange, VA

#83 Aug 23, 2013
amen.
lol

Morganfield, KY

#84 Aug 23, 2013
I agree
live and learn

Owensboro, KY

#86 Dec 8, 2013
I worked for local 151 Boilermakers ship builders ironworkers out of Hoboken NJ from 86-92. Paid dues paid into pension program ect. ect. When Philly ship shut down in 92 I was forced to relocate to find work. Guess what the union did for me when I arrived in KY?....

Since I was unable to get in the local here I was forced to take a menial job with KENCO plastics. Job paid shit and was union. Made 6.25 an hour. paid 25.00 a week in dues. Union decided to strike and I had no choice but to cross. My truck got beat to hell and would have cost me thousands to fix.For the wages I was getting I drove a beat to hell truck for years....thanks!

Kenco closed shop. Moved machines to TN and put me out of that shitty job altogether. Im not saying the Union wasn't good. Think minimum wage at the time was 5.45 or so at the time so.... do the math.

It is what it is...Union...non Union...Its getting hard to make a living in the USA. The more we fight the more the man likes it... Racism...Union...Gun Control... ObamaCare...whatever.

Good luck to you all Union or NON we are all increasingly screwed!
Get a life

Owensboro, KY

#87 Dec 8, 2013
Jason L96 wrote:
Rick Taylor, union rep and all around idiot.
Says the troll that's on topix so much you're now digging up every dead thread.
Worthless

Owensboro, KY

#89 Dec 9, 2013
Unions are worthless. They serve no purpose for the employer or the employee. All they do is make an employer unable to reward good workers for their efforts and allows worthless pieces of crap to keep jobs they should have been fired from a long time ago. You pay dues for nothing and when things don't go the union's way, the resort to thug tactics. All unions should be banned. Union workers are scum.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Greenville, KY

#90 Dec 9, 2013
Worthless wrote:
Unions are worthless. They serve no purpose for the employer or the employee. All they do is make an employer unable to reward good workers for their efforts and allows worthless pieces of crap to keep jobs they should have been fired from a long time ago. You pay dues for nothing and when things don't go the union's way, the resort to thug tactics. All unions should be banned. Union workers are scum.
It's no mere coincidence that, as union density has decreased, wage inequality has increased.
union pride

Princeton, KY

#91 Dec 9, 2013
Sounds like your just a in educated fool
Worthless wrote:
duck soup

United States

#92 Dec 9, 2013
Mark wrote:
My family and I are my concern. I've had my fair dealings with a union in the past, never again. The benefits are out weighed by the overall b.s. I'm happy not having to pay dues to people that get to decide for me, I have my own mind
I have been union over 20 years, if you go to meetings, join committes you do have a voice. Reading these other posts, I see the ignorance of some people. The better pay, insurance, an safety definitely out weigh working RAT. As someone said strike are rare anymore but, they are a way to show a voice an concern. Get smart an Unionize
duck soup

United States

#93 Dec 9, 2013
Well gee Sara maybe he should have joined an really helped your family out instead of liking the Union ways ( weekends, holidays, overtime) an not helping them
Worthless

Owensboro, KY

#94 Dec 9, 2013
union pride wrote:
Sounds like your just a in educated fool <quoted text>
I don't mean to point out the obvious you union member with no education unqualified to work your job, but if you were educated, you might have tried to construct a sentence that makes some sense. It should read, "sounds like YOU'RE just AN UNEDUCATED fool." What the hell is just a in educated? You represent the typical union worker oblivious to reality.
Worthless

Owensboro, KY

#95 Dec 9, 2013
If you're a member of the union, look at your weakest link, the loser, and there's oh so many of them in your organized crime unit you call a union. That loser who you accept because he pays his union dues like a church member, prevents any employee at most companies from getting a raise unless they were hired before the typical worthless union lazyass. You get paid what you're worth, period. You can join up with fellow losers not worth the hours they waste at work to try and better your ill trained, uneducated chances to lower the standard to your level if you want, but unions are going and not soon enough. Your leverage is gone. You fight for nothing but collecting your dues to pay for those union members who got rightfully fired. Rob from Peter to pay Paul, and Paul ain't working.
rw trailer

United States

#96 Mar 18, 2014
Psych suckkk it!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want the intire world to no 2 min Billy Norris 1
Best psychiatrist 6 min Billy Norris 3
Ive gots a sea creet 7 min Billy Norris 1
Trashley Gabbard STFU 18 min Idiot 17
Jessica Stinnett 20 min Sad 1
You black women can't keep your men? 21 min Billy Norris 25
Shelby Stewart 24 min Fyi 9
Are catholics real Christans? 1 hr Unified in Him 27

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web