Join a UNION get back your RIGHTS!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Henderson, KY

#46 Jul 10, 2013
oh geez wrote:
<quoted text>You've obviously been brainwashed by union propaganda. You really shouldn't throw stones...
Not brainwashing - actual personal experience and knowledge about how a union works and actual personal experience and knowledge about what bs companies use to try and convince their workers how evil being united is.
smartguy

Owensboro, KY

#47 Jul 10, 2013
MOST of you union workers jobs aren't worth what you get paid anyway. Have several relatives that work at Aleris, Duramic, and they don't do sh*t for 8 hours a day. They should make about 15-20% less. Oh, and I make just as much and am nobodys puppet, and don't have any membership fees!
lmao

United States

#48 Jul 10, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not brainwashing - actual personal experience and knowledge about how a union works and actual personal experience and knowledge about what bs companies use to try and convince their workers how evil being united is.
You've been working for Aleris International since 1979 when you were fresh out of High School. It and unions are the only thing you know so your opinion is biased based on lack of experience outside of a union. You base judgments about non union companies solely off of hearsay.

Level 1

United States

#49 Jul 10, 2013
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>You've been working for Aleris International since 1979 when you were fresh out of High School. It and unions are the only thing you know so your opinion is biased based on lack of experience outside of a union. You base judgments about non union companies solely off of hearsay.
No, I spent 4 years in the US Army after high school and have spent 5 years working exclusively for the Steelworkers helping organize workplaces that knew they needed a union. I've spoken first hand to literally hundreds of people about the problems they've experienced with their employers at dozens of facilities. I've seen firsthand many times the cruel treatment, the threats, the lies, the misinformation, and the intimidation tactics they've had to deal with when employers face the possibility of having to bargain with their workers over wages, benefits and working conditions. So no, I base my judgements on many years of firsthand knowledge and facts.
Need help

Owensboro, KY

#50 Jul 10, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy to help you.
What is the best way to get in contact with you?

Level 1

United States

#51 Jul 10, 2013
smartguy wrote:
MOST of you union workers jobs aren't worth what you get paid anyway. Have several relatives that work at Aleris, Duramic, and they don't do sh*t for 8 hours a day. They should make about 15-20% less. Oh, and I make just as much and am nobodys puppet, and don't have any membership fees!
Union members make, on average, 16-18% more than their like-industry, non-union counterparts. Union dues vary by union but average around 1%. Would you pay 1% for a 16-18% raise?? It doesn't cost to be a union member - it pays.:)

Level 1

United States

#52 Jul 10, 2013
Need help wrote:
<quoted text>What is the best way to get in contact with you?
E- mail me at:

[email protected]
unions suck

United States

#53 Jul 13, 2013
They are a bunch of crybabies.
uranIdiot

Chicago, IL

#54 Jul 13, 2013
unions suck wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22450...
USW gal

Chicago, IL

#55 Jul 13, 2013
unions suck wrote:
Never met a non-union cry baby?
You should never use a blanket statement for a group of people, it shows lack of intelligence.
BIll

Owensboro, KY

#56 Jul 14, 2013
I missed the opportunity to work in a union environment. Comments about benefits result of union support is correct. Companies pray to their corporate gods they could produce their products without human labour. That's what creates the market for robots. Why do you think industry has all those fancy gadgets and consumers get video games and a mindless auto-mop. Also, legally, you are trading your labour for compensation. Hope you don't die soon. Good luck.
MrFisHroy

Ashburn, VA

#58 Jul 14, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unions don't strike for no reason - they need to work like everyone else and only strike as a last result. I'm sure you'd be happy to tell me which facility you're talking about so we all know if you're being honest or not. Strikes are very rare in this day and time. So tell me - where did he work??
? Wtf? Dont strike without reason? I lost my job because fat ass, cry baby, entitled union pricks would not take a increase in insurance to keep the plant open. Ten bucks a week. They could just not afford it, even though everyone had a big ass gut hanging over their very clean work jeans. Fu*kin baby boomers. Worst generation to ever be born in the Sates.

Level 1

United States

#59 Jul 14, 2013
MrFisHroy wrote:
<quoted text>? Wtf? Dont strike without reason? I lost my job because fat ass, cry baby, entitled union pricks would not take a increase in insurance to keep the plant open. Ten bucks a week. They could just not afford it, even though everyone had a big ass gut hanging over their very clean work jeans. Fu*kin baby boomers. Worst generation to ever be born in the Sates.
No company is going to shut down over $10 a week and no union is going to strike over $10 a week. I call bullshit. What company/union are you talking about??
MrFisHroy

Ashburn, VA

#60 Jul 15, 2013
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No company is going to shut down over $10 a week and no union is going to strike over $10 a week. I call bullshit. What company/union are you talking about??
Im not puttin my personal info on here, but i can tell you this, years back i walked through picket lines as a security gaurd for GE. They went on strike because their insurance went up 15 dollars a week. Everyone made 18 or more an hour, and i was workin for 7.35 an hour.
Hillbilly Jim

Chicago, IL

#61 Jul 15, 2013
MrFisHroy wrote:
<quoted text>? Wtf? Dont strike without reason? I lost my job because fat ass, cry baby, entitled union pricks would not take a increase in insurance to keep the plant open. Ten bucks a week. They could just not afford it, even though everyone had a big ass gut hanging over their very clean work jeans. Fu*kin baby boomers. Worst generation to ever be born in the Sates.
You got fired because you're a lazy N-loving and lazy just like all those black thug welfare Obama lovers! You're on welfare and use an Obama phone! Snacked you down!!! C-ya n-lover!!!
USW Gal

Lexington, KY

#62 Jul 15, 2013
MrFisHroy wrote:
<quoted text> Im not puttin my personal info on here, but i can tell you this, years back i walked through picket lines as a security gaurd for GE. They went on strike because their insurance went up 15 dollars a week. Everyone made 18 or more an hour, and i was workin for 7.35 an hour.
Naming a company does not 'put all of your personal info on here'. If it was a Unionized place and it's now closed, we probably already know it.
I call bullshit on this too. I think you've made up a bunch of crap and now you can't back up your info.
MrFisHroy

Ashburn, VA

#63 Jul 15, 2013
USW Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
Naming a company does not 'put all of your personal info on here'. If it was a Unionized place and it's now closed, we probably already know it.
I call bullshit on this too. I think you've made up a bunch of crap and now you can't back up your info.
Well, good for you? Im glad you have big girl thoughts.
Union Worker

Chicago, IL

#64 Jul 16, 2013
No one should have to feel like they have no options in life, or that they are utterly alone. A job should not be something that offers nothing in return for hard work except a paycheck that forces someone to choose between food or medical needs. That’s why unions exist.

Unions not only raise the economic quality of life for workers, but can also offset the “difficult-to-measure social costs borne by working-class youths as they struggle to forge stable and meaningful adult lives.”

When someone joins a union, they are joining a family–a group of brothers and sisters who go through the same things they do, who will stand with each other when the inevitable bumps in the road do occur. And together, union members have a strong voice that fights for good jobs, which in turn leads to more opportunities for a fulfilling personal life as well.
thread tape

Ashburn, VA

#65 Jul 16, 2013
Union Worker wrote:
No one should have to feel like they have no options in life, or that they are utterly alone. A job should not be something that offers nothing in return for hard work except a paycheck that forces someone to choose between food or medical needs. That’s why unions exist.
Unions not only raise the economic quality of life for workers, but can also offset the “difficult-to-measure social costs borne by working-class youths as they struggle to forge stable and meaningful adult lives.”
When someone joins a union, they are joining a family–a group of brothers and sisters who go through the same things they do, who will stand with each other when the inevitable bumps in the road do occur. And together, union members have a strong voice that fights for good jobs, which in turn leads to more opportunities for a fulfilling personal life as well.
Lol. Bull shat!

Level 1

Dunmor, KY

#66 Jul 16, 2013
thread tape wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Bull shat!
It's great when you can only retort with "bullshit". It highlights your stunning vocabulary and your inability to provide any factual insight.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dustin Henton cheating on pregnant gf 1 min Jessica W 5
No one knows 6 min Feel ya 5
Jeff may with the golden locks 51 min King 10
Keye Johnson 58 min Duh 2
Mary Proctor 2 hr Mary proctor 11
Stalking 2 hr Trufe 2
Can a 16 year old date a 23 year old? (Jun '15) 3 hr Mike 138

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance