United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Unions have save my LIFE from unfair working conditions! Last May our company decided to start using a new type of soap which, may I add, was NOT a moisturizing soap. Needless to say we were not going to stand for this! We immediately called a meeting and decided to strike. We cut the legs out of our work jeans to form daisy dukes (it was hot out) and formed a line outside. We adopted Twisted Sisters song. "We're not gonna take it" and marched almost and entire HOUR before the boss went to Kroger's and made it right. Unions WORK people, for the people!

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Lmao funny thing is, there's actually truth said in your jest. Most union workers are crybaby pansies who don't want to work in the first place so they join so they can strike at the drop of a hat.
Tea Baggers are Nuts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Wow, dude. You suck the balls of the Republican party way too hard! You should take a break from politics for awhile. The crazy posts, attacking peoples families and stealing usernames to make even more crazy posts...It's driven you mad!
YEAH

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

I guess honey up there is crying because he got is wittle feelings hurt. Awww, do we need a tissue. Pull your panties out of your ass crack and you'll be ok.

Since: Jul 12

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

I work for a union and I can't say I agree with everything the union fights for but without the union I'd be making $13hr instead of $28hr. As far as the lazy workers, you have them everywhere union or non.
Right to Work Supporter

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Damn those union thugs! I'm more than happy to work 18 hour days for $2 an hour. After all, if management thinks I deserve a raise or better working conditions, they'll give it to me out of the kindness of their hearts. I know my compensation and safety in the workplace is the priority for them, not profits. The fact is corporations would never mistreat their employees for a few extra million dollars. Union support is dropping anyway.
Hillbilly Jim

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Right to Work Supporter wrote:
Damn those union thugs! I'm more than happy to work 18 hour days for $2 an hour. After all, if management thinks I deserve a raise or better working conditions, they'll give it to me out of the kindness of their hearts. I know my compensation and safety in the workplace is the priority for them, not profits. The fact is corporations would never mistreat their employees for a few extra million dollars. Union support is dropping anyway.
Support and membership.
Henry O Godwinn

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Hillbilly Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Support and membership.
Sentence fragment.
Union Thug

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, it pisses me off too that we have unions. I mean every child should be working before they're six for at least 18 hours a day. You're an idiot. I'm sorry my wages and benefits upset you. Men fought and died for them, literally. So you can settle for minimum wage and food stamps, or you can stand up, organize, and begin to fight for your rights. Until you do that, you have no right to bash unions. Oh, and you're welcome for the weekend, holidays off, and overtime.
Mark

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

I'm not in a union and I make $18 an hour which is far from minimum wage. I think if you're trying to prove a point, do so without such snideness.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
I'm not in a union and I make $18 an hour which is far from minimum wage. I think if you're trying to prove a point, do so without such snideness.
Did you ever stop to think how much a unionized worker makes in your same industry? On average, 16-18% more, not including a huge difference in benefit levels. What could you and your family do with another $3 per hour??
ttma worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

i know ttma needs a union ive been here for 6 yrs and im tired of the bs
Mark

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

My family and I are my concern. I've had my fair dealings with a union in the past, never again. The benefits are out weighed by the overall b.s. I'm happy not having to pay dues to people that get to decide for me, I have my own mind
mat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Mark wrote:
My family and I are my concern. I've had my fair dealings with a union in the past, never again. The benefits are out weighed by the overall b.s. I'm happy not having to pay dues to people that get to decide for me, I have my own mind
bs mark, i have worked for a union company for ten years and them have done many good things for me over the years, its the right to work ass holes like u who wants the benefit of working for a union company but doesnt want to pay his dues and thats not right
Need help

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

I'd like to try and get a union where I work. Who do you contact for this?

“Just lil ole me :)”

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Judged:

my husband worked 14 years at a place with no union then the organized one. he refused to join and was harassed and even had his truck vandalized in the parking lot of work. a parking lot with cameras yet no one saw anything. he ended up resigning. several people found new jobs after a few months because they would strike and form picket lines over petty things. there was a couple of workers arrested for assault when people crossed the picket lines to work because they had families to support and didn't have time to hold signs and rant.

Level 1

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Need help wrote:
I'd like to try and get a union where I work. Who do you contact for this?
I'd be happy to help you.
USWA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Contact United Steelworkers. They aren't allowed to contact you but if you get ahold of them you can go from there. The organizer around here used to be Sam Elliot. I haven't been in the union in a few years so I don't know who it is anymore. It may be him still

Level 1

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Sara____ wrote:
my husband worked 14 years at a place with no union then the organized one. he refused to join and was harassed and even had his truck vandalized in the parking lot of work. a parking lot with cameras yet no one saw anything. he ended up resigning. several people found new jobs after a few months because they would strike and form picket lines over petty things. there was a couple of workers arrested for assault when people crossed the picket lines to work because they had families to support and didn't have time to hold signs and rant.
Unions don't strike for no reason - they need to work like everyone else and only strike as a last result. I'm sure you'd be happy to tell me which facility you're talking about so we all know if you're being honest or not. Strikes are very rare in this day and time. So tell me - where did he work??
Need help

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be happy to help you.
How do I get in contact with you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Reality 149,715
The Staton tricks 18 min Now now 11
Tiffany Staton or Meagan Griffin....XP 19 min Real 19
jennifer evans 26 min STowChaf 6
Child Support 43 min broke dad 19
misty basham 45 min Jenna J 3
Owensboro smoking ban 57 min BooHoo 69
•••
•••
•••
•••

Owensboro Jobs

•••