Next Last
concerned parent

Madisonville, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2013
Anybody know anything?
Why

Eddyville, KY

#2 Nov 14, 2013
My husband just called & said cops, ambulances & fire trucks have all entrances & exits blocked off. Have they not notified parents of anything??
Smh

Tampa, FL

#3 Nov 14, 2013
What is wrong with people these days?!?
concerned parent

Madisonville, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2013
Not as of yet. Its 1:03pm. Still no calls
concerned parent

Madisonville, KY

#5 Nov 14, 2013
Finally at 1:28 like an hour and a half after...we get a call
nope

Sacramento, KY

#6 Nov 14, 2013
They haven't notified parents
ugh

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Nov 14, 2013
most parents have received a call already. The kids are still outside. Rumors are floating around that a bomb was found....who knows if that's true or just kids talking though
Parent

Owensboro, KY

#8 Nov 14, 2013
Why are they outside 2 1/2 hours???
really

United States

#9 Nov 14, 2013
As long as the news keeps airing these stories like wildfire it won't stop. All these kids want is attention and that's exactly what they're getting.
concerned parent

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Nov 14, 2013
Was told 2 bombs were found.
Truthy

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Nov 14, 2013
No bombs were found, situation over. Don't believe everything you hear people, you will stress yourself out over nothing.
seriously

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 14, 2013
Smh wrote:
What is wrong with people these days?!?
Lol, these bomb threats have been going on forever! This isn't anything new
really

Owensboro, KY

#14 Nov 14, 2013
Hmmm. I heard them over the load speaker like it was a football game on the field but I didn't look to see what was going on. My house is right behind the football field. Guess this explains it.
Concerned mom

Bardstown, KY

#15 Nov 14, 2013
Didn't get a call either. Why were the kids outside with no jackets and no lunch for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs? Email from superintendent said the that by the time the buses would have gotten there, the school was cleared to go back in. Not sure about that one.
SickKid

Owensboro, KY

#16 Nov 14, 2013
They had our kids standing outside in the cold for hours. That's one heck of a bomb evacuation procedure. We're lucky it wasn't raining or snowing. Amateurs!
children learn

Owensboro, KY

#19 Nov 14, 2013
You people are more worried about your kids standing outside with no jackets, well don't they know how to put one on? They should have known that they would be out there for a while, plus you complain about them being out there so long, would you rather them take a chance and stay inside, and there be a bomb? Nice parenting!!!
really

Owensboro, KY

#20 Nov 14, 2013
SickKid wrote:
They had our kids standing outside in the cold for hours. That's one heck of a bomb evacuation procedure. We're lucky it wasn't raining or snowing. Amateurs!
What do you expect them to do? Stay in the school with a potential bomb? Call parents and buses to pick up kids creating more choas and panic with a potential bomb? Hurry to check the school and miss the bomb?

You are being completely unreasonable.
yep

New York, NY

#21 Nov 14, 2013
It was a bomb threat. What are they supposed to do, take time to make sure everyone gets their jacket? There was no bomb found. Typical topix bullshit
Stu

Owensboro, KY

#22 Nov 14, 2013
High school kids should be mature enough to put a jacket on. Good call by the school in keeping them out of the building until the building was safe.
Parent

Owensboro, KY

#23 Nov 14, 2013
Concerned mom wrote:
Didn't get a call either. Why were the kids outside with no jackets and no lunch for 2 1/2 - 3 hrs? Email from superintendent said the that by the time the buses would have gotten there, the school was cleared to go back in. Not sure about that one.
EXACTLY! And they sure are playing COA (cover our asses) majorly! I've gotten 2 calls, 2 texts and an email! That's wonderful but how about telling me before my son who is in Indianapolis!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holiday World Tickets for sale (Jul '13) 1 hr Rachacha 35
Shannon n Larry done split up 3 hr You got it 1
Amber Dawn Loney 3 hr havana banana 4
Jermaine m lee 3 hr anonymous 3
trucks with flags 3 hr dumb 3
Belle Leonard who has the nudes 4 hr Hmmm 1
Misty Moffett 5 hr cody 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages