First Prev
of 5
Next Last
random

Nortonville, KY

#1 Sep 18, 2011
Wat all do u need to work there besides bein 18?
mca

Earlington, KY

#2 Sep 18, 2011
Back in the day you had go through Malone Staffing, I'm guessing it's still that way.
the truth

Owensboro, KY

#3 Sep 18, 2011
a GED and a criminal record. if you have college or any experience, you aren't going to get a job in this area. you're over-qualified the moment they can't pay you the minimum the unions allow.
random

United States

#4 Sep 18, 2011
So u gotta have high school diploma or GED?
hey now hey now

Owensboro, KY

#5 Sep 18, 2011
the truth wrote:
a GED and a criminal record. if you have college or any experience, you aren't going to get a job in this area. you're over-qualified the moment they can't pay you the minimum the unions allow.
you're the 3rd person i've heard say something like this in the past week. a lot of angry out-of-work people in town.
mca

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2011
random wrote:
So u gotta have high school diploma or GED?
Yeah either one should do it.

Since: Sep 11

Owensboro

#7 Sep 19, 2011
THEY FIRE YOU AFTER 6 MONTHS!
phipps

Owensboro, KY

#8 Sep 19, 2011
My husband has been there 8 years! The 6 months thing is very untrue! They are very picky tho! If u can handle the work and rules you'll be fine! And yes you need a GED or diploma! He also had to go take a skills test at the college, not sure if they still require that tho!
Hate Him

Owensboro, KY

#9 Sep 19, 2011
phipps wrote:
My husband has been there 8 years! The 6 months thing is very untrue! They are very picky tho! If u can handle the work and rules you'll be fine! And yes you need a GED or diploma! He also had to go take a skills test at the college, not sure if they still require that tho!
The last 5 people they had fired. thank you very much.
lol

Owensboro, KY

#10 Sep 20, 2011
rita coyle is a who*e!
phipps

Owensboro, KY

#11 Sep 20, 2011
Hate Him wrote:
<quoted text>The last 5 people they had fired. thank you very much.
:) lol well guess the job wasn't fit for them then! Don't blame the employers blame the employees! Some people just aren't cut out for that job!
curious

United States

#12 Sep 20, 2011
phipps wrote:
<quoted text>:) lol well guess the job wasn't fit for them then! Don't blame the employers blame the employees! Some people just aren't cut out for that job!
yeah my husband was fired dumb ass and they told him THEY HAD NO REASON TO FIRE HIM! They fired him on the day of six months bitch.
Excuses

Owensboro, KY

#13 Sep 20, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah my husband was fired dumb ass and they told him THEY HAD NO REASON TO FIRE HIM! They fired him on the day of six months bitch.
Is that what your husband told you? You don't get FIRED for no reason. You have to violate some sort of policy, be it attendance or performance. Trust me!! I think you need to talk to your husband because it sounds like he isn't wanting to tell you why he truly got fired. Perhaps he is embarrassed because he couldn't handle it at TTMA. Don't be so naiive lady!!
Liberal

Richmond, KY

#14 Sep 20, 2011
hey now hey now wrote:
<quoted text>
you're the 3rd person i've heard say something like this in the past week. a lot of angry out-of-work people in town.
A lot of predatory employers in this town. At some point they'll run out of people to screw over.
phipps

Owensboro, KY

#15 Sep 20, 2011
Excuses wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what your husband told you? You don't get FIRED for no reason. You have to violate some sort of policy, be it attendance or performance. Trust me!! I think you need to talk to your husband because it sounds like he isn't wanting to tell you why he truly got fired. Perhaps he is embarrassed because he couldn't handle it at TTMA. Don't be so naiive lady!!
Amen! Finally someone with some common sense agrees with the truth!
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#16 Sep 21, 2011
I think they screw people over too!! When they were new here, our community gave them incentives to build the plant here so jobs were created. As soon as thier "deal" with the city was up, they started hiring temps. AND they make it almost impossible for the temps to get hired on full time. Yeah Lady, good for your husband if he has been there this long.......I wonder whose ass he is kissing!! They are profiting by not providing any benefits!! If someone gets sick, or hurt, they can kiss full-time goodbye, AND they will have no insurance to cover it. ALSO, if someone gets hurt, they will not be covered with short term or long term disability, and TTMA will fight like hell to not pay for injuries!! They have to start over as a temp, HOPING they will get full time!! This is the low of the lowest as far as corporate GREED!!!!!!
person

Owensboro, KY

#17 Sep 21, 2011
phipps wrote:
<quoted text>
:) lol well guess the job wasn't fit for them then! Don't blame the employers blame the employees! Some people just aren't cut out for that job!
WRONG! My husband was there for years and was a great employee. He even went in the whole entire ice storm while I'm sure your hubby stayed cozied up with you. They fired him a few months later, for improper parts on a machine they had just switched him to, with no training. He was very "cut out" for the job. He performed the most dangerous ones there. But thank you ttma. He is somewhere where he is appreciated and making more money.
phipps

Owensboro, KY

#18 Sep 21, 2011
Wow I never knew there were so many lazy cry babies in this town! Like I said my husband has been there 8 years so no sweetheart during the ice storm he was right there working everyday like always! Wish he was home cuddled up with me tho. And whomever said they do not provide benefits is way off! We both have health, dental, vision and life insurance thru them! He also gets at least two raises a year! So really I guess you just have to actually go there work and do what your told to actually keep the job! To many people in this town that want a cakewalk job where they can set back and get paid for talking! Yea he's such a kiss ass cause he was raised to work hard and do whatever it takes to provide for his family! Maybe if u people would stop crying and complaining and just do the job at hand you wouldn't have these issues! But hey since your looking for a lazy job you should take up dog walking and I just seen a sign where McDonald's is hiring!
person

Owensboro, KY

#19 Sep 21, 2011
phipps wrote:
Wow I never knew there were so many lazy cry babies in this town! Like I said my husband has been there 8 years so no sweetheart during the ice storm he was right there working everyday like always! Wish he was home cuddled up with me tho. And whomever said they do not provide benefits is way off! We both have health, dental, vision and life insurance thru them! He also gets at least two raises a year! So really I guess you just have to actually go there work and do what your told to actually keep the job! To many people in this town that want a cakewalk job where they can set back and get paid for talking! Yea he's such a kiss ass cause he was raised to work hard and do whatever it takes to provide for his family! Maybe if u people would stop crying and complaining and just do the job at hand you wouldn't have these issues! But hey since your looking for a lazy job you should take up dog walking and I just seen a sign where McDonald's is hiring!
EVERYDAY of the ice storm? And please bitch, who are you calling lazy? I bet you dont do shit, just pop out babies. You know a dog walking job may not be so bad, what time do you need out? Like I said, my man now is better paid, better benefits, and I don't have to smell that stinch on him anymore. And the fact that he is not hanging out with those dumb ass redneck retards he called coworkers is the biggest bonus of all :)
hellur90

Owensboro, KY

#20 Sep 21, 2011
geetre wrote:
I think they screw people over too!! When they were new here, our community gave them incentives to build the plant here so jobs were created. As soon as thier "deal" with the city was up, they started hiring temps. AND they make it almost impossible for the temps to get hired on full time. Yeah Lady, good for your husband if he has been there this long.......I wonder whose ass he is kissing!! They are profiting by not providing any benefits!! If someone gets sick, or hurt, they can kiss full-time goodbye, AND they will have no insurance to cover it. ALSO, if someone gets hurt, they will not be covered with short term or long term disability, and TTMA will fight like hell to not pay for injuries!! They have to start over as a temp, HOPING they will get full time!! This is the low of the lowest as far as corporate GREED!!!!!!
Make it hard for temps. Hm. My mom was there for 6 months before she got hired in. And also.. She was injured while at work and she still maintains fulltime status. And they've paid for her injuries. And she has excellent benefits. So I really don't know who gave you YOUR information. But your wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meghan russell love obsessed with her ex 26 min MsKeown 8
keowns 58 min MsKeown 9
Andrew Pierce 1 hr Know him 4
Jake Grant 1 hr Dude 19
Father Baker another wolf in sheeps clothing 2 hr cathbishisaCHILDP... 8
Snitchie Ellis aka Richard Lee Ellis (Sep '14) 2 hr Double agent 666 4
Natalie Lambert @ DCHS 3 hr OBlock258 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages