Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 20, 2013
Anyone know what's up with omu?
Idk

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jul 22, 2013
evon wrote:
Anyone know what's up with omu?
They say they can't afford to cover all the cost of running the buisness so basically were all getting charged almost double in the end. I looked at my bill today and on water and electric you get charged usuage from 3 different charges it redic... But what canyou do besides move outa town lol... Sad face...
Freakyfreak

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jul 31, 2013
I know I went in there the other day to turn electric on and was told there would be a service charge for doing paper work. I paid the deposit and when I was given the receipt back it showed what I paid the service order showed what I paid minus the $20 service charge but it did not indicate it anywhere on the paper work that there was a service charge! So is OMU running a scam?
Me

Chicago, IL

#4 Jul 31, 2013
I had my service turned on about 2 weeks ago and had the $20 service charge as well. What a rip off!
appreciative

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 31, 2013
Stop bitching and try living w/o electricity, water, sewage, trash pick up. I'm sure some of you don't mind spending as much, if not more, feeding your fat lil kids McDonalds and buying soda for everyone in the house
Me

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 31, 2013
appreciative wrote:
Stop bitching and try living w/o electricity, water, sewage, trash pick up. I'm sure some of you don't mind spending as much, if not more, feeding your fat lil kids McDonalds and buying soda for everyone in the house
Funny I don't have kids and I only drink water, tea and juice. Go play or something.
Q & A

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 31, 2013
Me wrote:
<quoted text>Funny I don't have kids and I only drink water, tea and juice. Go play or something.
So you don't eat? You live in the dark? Do you shit in a bucket? Are all those juice containers piled up because you have no where to throw them away? Why are you so offended and taking that post personal? Strike a nerve?
omu

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 31, 2013
They were allowed to get out of a coal contract which ended up being a bad move on their part and now customers are literally paying for their mistake.
Me

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 31, 2013
[QUOTE who="Q & A"]<quoted text>So you don't eat? You live in the dark? Do you shit in a bucket? Are all those juice containers piled up because you have no where to throw them away? Why are you so offended and taking that post personal? Strike a nerve?[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing. I work and go to college both full time. I save money everywhere I can. I turn off my lights when I'm not using them, I take short showers, I coupon, I do everything I can to make my financial situation easier. Obviously I have the basics, water electric,(I live in an apartment so trash service is provided for free), but there's no sense in being wasteful and spending money where you don't have to. For someone like me, this rate increase really hurts. Trying to make it living on my own at 22 and paying for my school tuition as well is not easy.
And obviously there is no nerve to be struck because as I said, I don't have kids and I don't even drink cokes. It's just very annoying when you experience a hardship like this and find a place to vent about it, for someone to come in and bash everyone talking about it like they think they're better than someone. But oh well, trolling at its best I suppose. But really you might think about not being such a snotty bitch.
Welcome to adulthood

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 31, 2013
Me wrote:
[QUOTE who="Q & A"]<quoted text>So you don't eat? You live in the dark? Do you shit in a bucket? Are all those juice containers piled up because you have no where to throw them away? Why are you so offended and taking that post personal? Strike a nerve?"

Here's the thing. I work and go to college both full time. I save money everywhere I can. I turn off my lights when I'm not using them, I take short showers, I coupon, I do everything I can to make my financial situation easier. Obviously I have the basics, water electric,(I live in an apartment so trash service is provided for free), but there's no sense in being wasteful and spending money where you don't have to. For someone like me, this rate increase really hurts. Trying to make it living on my own at 22 and paying for my school tuition as well is not easy.
And obviously there is no nerve to be struck because as I said, I don't have kids and I don't even drink cokes. It's just very annoying when you experience a hardship like this and find a place to vent about it, for someone to come in and bash everyone talking about it like they think they're better than someone. But oh well, trolling at its best I suppose. But really you might think about not being such a snotty bitch.
Shut up and pay your bills, youngn'!
Me

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 31, 2013
Welcome to adulthood wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up and pay your bills, youngn'!

Shutting up doesn't have anything to do with paying my bills, I can assure you my bills are paid? Thanks.
Me

Chicago, IL

#12 Jul 31, 2013
Welcome to adulthood wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up and pay your bills, youngn'!
And if you can't tell, I think I've had a pretty good experience of "adulthood" and I'm doing just fine. More successful than most people my age, I'd say.
haha

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 31, 2013
Don't tell me to shut up and pay my bill when I turn my air off, stopped using my dryer, and really lowered the use of lights. When my previous bill before this mess was $80 and not $160. They told me all their rates went up and there is another charge now added because they can no longer cover. I am currently waiting to hear from Ben Hill the manager of customer service to find out who covered that charge before because their stupid reps can't answer a simple question. Every time I asked why it went up they ALL said "because of the summer months" I will be angry about this because I should not have to pay for their mistakes. I should not be dealing with this. I pay all my bills on time. I have no debt. I am responsible with my money.
Me

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 31, 2013
haha wrote:
Don't tell me to shut up and pay my bill when I turn my air off, stopped using my dryer, and really lowered the use of lights. When my previous bill before this mess was $80 and not $160. They told me all their rates went up and there is another charge now added because they can no longer cover. I am currently waiting to hear from Ben Hill the manager of customer service to find out who covered that charge before because their stupid reps can't answer a simple question. Every time I asked why it went up they ALL said "because of the summer months" I will be angry about this because I should not have to pay for their mistakes. I should not be dealing with this. I pay all my bills on time. I have no debt. I am responsible with my money.
Agreed, thank you.
Me

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 31, 2013
haha wrote:
Would you let me know what they say about who covered that charge before once they get back in touch with you? I'm curious about that too.
Welcome to adulthood

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 31, 2013
I hope you whine titts have to pay extra for taking up these people's time.
haha

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 31, 2013
Yes, I will post on here when they tell me
Me

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 31, 2013
Tits* Lol
And if you don't want it to take up your precious time, don't read it? Pretty simple, I think.
NEWS 14

Owensboro, KY

#20 Aug 5, 2013
Instead of complaining on here, take it to News 14. If everyone having problems would demand an investigation done towards this company and their billing practices instead of just complaining about it then maybe something would finally be done. Trust me, it's not just a few people and some have proof that things aren't what they seem. Take it public and see how many other Owensboro citizens have made complaints that fell on deaf ears. Alone, your voice is quiet, but in a large group you're more easily heard.
Idk

Owensboro, KY

#21 Oct 13, 2013
I would go along with that, I understand inflation, and am aware the bill will rise over time, but it's completely unacceptable to double everyone's bill, at a time when many of people barley are able to keep the lights on as is... They just sent out this paper with my newest bill, my usage is down an entire 4th from this time last year, still way higher... Blah... Disgusting business.... Oh but since 2010 they've made millions n millions from whole sale of excess power... Wtf... Nothing makes since with these clowns... So to reiterate... Yes, I would put my name to an investigation today, he'll I'd even throw in money towards it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Singers in DaBoro 10 min Teacher 10
ah 56 min Haha 1
Jeff early alorica 1 hr Joke 2
Amanda bolton 1 hr Corey 1
Who the girls 1 hr Danny 6
Ellen Burns 1 hr Billy bones 3
3rd chance auto sales 1 hr Cuban Footlong Sa... 2
Are catholics real Christans? 8 hr Bike guy 54

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web