how to get off pain killers with out getting professional help

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
help

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 17, 2011
My friend just confessed to me that he has a problem, but won't go to a clinic. I don't know what to do, is there a way to get off with out professional help? I've heard people talk about natural supplements helping?
MOAB

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 17, 2011
Kratom.
help

United States

#3 May 17, 2011
MOAB wrote:
Kratom.
What's that?
lala

Chicago, IL

#4 May 17, 2011
It's an herb used to help with the withdraws and pain and tremors associatied with it. It comes in pill form, you can drink it in a tea or smoke it. I'm actually looking for some in owensboro, I've been on pain medicine for about 6 years now and I want to come off them long enough to see if the pain I'm feeling is from the withdrawing or actually my condition. Because even though I take them as directed, if I'm an hour late taking one I get sick, shaky, and just can't concentrate until I end up taking my missed dose. I just don't want to be on these forever.
help wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that?
help

Philadelphia, PA

#5 May 18, 2011
lala wrote:
<quoted text>It's an herb used to help with the withdraws and pain and tremors associatied with it. It comes in pill form, you can drink it in a tea or smoke it. I'm actually looking for some in owensboro, I've been on pain medicine for about 6 years now and I want to come off them long enough to see if the pain I'm feeling is from the withdrawing or actually my condition. Because even though I take them as directed, if I'm an hour late taking one I get sick, shaky, and just can't concentrate until I end up taking my missed dose. I just don't want to be on these forever.
Will you let me know how it works? If you can't find it locally could you order it online?
MOAB

Owensboro, KY

#6 May 18, 2011
help wrote:
<quoted text>Will you let me know how it works? If you can't find it locally could you order it online?
It works. Try flaglercafe online
well

United States

#7 May 18, 2011
MOAB wrote:
<quoted text>It works. Try flaglercafe online
Thank you so much!
well

United States

#8 May 18, 2011
MOAB wrote:
<quoted text>It works. Try flaglercafe online
There are so many different kinds to choose from on that website. Which do you recommend?
MOAB

Owensboro, KY

#9 May 18, 2011
If you are taking less than 80mg of opiates per day, Try the Bali. 1oz should last you from 5-10 days. Mix a couple grams with applesauce 1-3 times a day. Depending on your level of addiction.
MOAB

Owensboro, KY

#10 May 18, 2011
Be careful with this stuff. It's easy to substitute one addiction for another. Kratom will allow a gradual withdraw. Just make sure you don't take more than you need or for an extended period of time.
well

United States

#11 May 18, 2011
MOAB wrote:
If you are taking less than 80mg of opiates per day, Try the Bali. 1oz should last you from 5-10 days. Mix a couple grams with applesauce 1-3 times a day. Depending on your level of addiction.
I have no idea how much he's on, I'll have to ask him.

Thank you so much for all of your help, it's greatly appreciated!
Nate

Richmond, VA

#14 Feb 11, 2012
I been taken pain killed for a year know and want to get off them tried of taken them but it's so hard on my owe want can I do
MOAB

United States

#15 Feb 11, 2012
Nate wrote:
I been taken pain killed for a year know and want to get off them tried of taken them but it's so hard on my owe want can I do
Kratom
real talk

Bowie, MD

#16 Feb 11, 2012
Your best bet is to just pray for him, if he isn't willing to get professional help, then they haven't hit their bottom yet. It's out of your hands, do not enable them.
serious

United States

#17 Feb 11, 2012
As a professional working in the addiction field, your friend needs medical detox. Opiate dependence can have some of the most severe withdrawal symptoms (as well as other dependence to pills, way they are metabolized). Without proper medical supervision, your friend could die. Please do not have your friend stop "cold turkey" and please do not try alternative herbal remedies. If your friend does not wish to stop, maybe you need to distance yourself, and not enable him. Likewise, we all like the idea of "fixing" other people, yet we are only able to "fix" ourselves.
disgusted

Washington, DC

#18 Feb 11, 2012
I suggest you research rehabs and the success rates-the success rates are low. Addicts have to want to quit doesn't sound like your friend really wants help if he isn't willing to seek it out. Most addicts require more than one time in treatment and then the likely hood they will remain clean for life is still unlikely. They are predetermined to be addicts unless they work the program religiously and want it for themselves. The key is to continuing to work the twelve steps having a sponsor and living and practicing daily. Not just detoxing.
MOAB

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2012
serious wrote:
As a professional working in the addiction field, your friend needs medical detox. Opiate dependence can have some of the most severe withdrawal symptoms (as well as other dependence to pills, way they are metabolized). Without proper medical supervision, your friend could die. Please do not have your friend stop "cold turkey" and please do not try alternative herbal remedies. If your friend does not wish to stop, maybe you need to distance yourself, and not enable him. Likewise, we all like the idea of "fixing" other people, yet we are only able to "fix" ourselves.
Hey "professional" time to hit the books. I'm not going to get into an argument with you, because I'm right.

You can NOT die via opiate withdraw. You may be confusing this possibility with benzodiazepines. Please do not provide medical advice unless you know the subject, this tends to be dangerous.
Yeap

Homewood, IL

#20 Feb 12, 2012
I need some
itworks

Bellevue, WA

#22 Dec 26, 2012
help wrote:
My friend just confessed to me that he has a problem, but won't go to a clinic. I don't know what to do, is there a way to get off with out professional help? I've heard people talk about natural supplements helping?
try NA it worked for me i promise the obsession can be taken away....honey and oj to work thru withdraws
getoutadodge

Owensboro, KY

#23 Dec 27, 2012
its easy to get off drugs trust me been to rehab twice after the second time in rehab i decided im never going thru this again and it was time to grow up i graduated two years ago and have been clean ever since no program bullshit no help its all how badly you want to quit aa and na are for people that cant see this why i dont know but il never step foot in another meeting again its all in your head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tammy tacit 2 min sad 4
April Burden (Sep '14) 9 min lol 15
jessica durham 11 min wabbitP 20
you can talk to me 13 min Nicks 1
nail salons 26 min salon worker 2
Wayne Lanham! 35 min rotfl 1
Maceo Man (Aug '13) 54 min USONASTY 51
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web