Did HR Block mess up anyone else's ta...

Did HR Block mess up anyone else's taxes?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Cierra

Owensboro, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2013
HR Block apparently messed up my families taxes and its already been seven weeks since we filed and now they say it'll take another six to eight weeks to fix bc they messed up on my education credits. This happen to anyone else?
curious

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Mar 14, 2013
Yep mine too...its frustrating! I filed late jan their 21 days has turned into way more! Very misleading! And what happened to rapid refund?
good answer

United States

#3 Mar 14, 2013
H & R Block charges an arm and a leg to do your taxes. Their rapid refund is a joke. I pay $60 to Old River Town Tax service every year and my money is deposited into my bank account in 7-10 days. And yes, they screwed up thousands of people's refunds this year. I'm sure you can google it to see what happened.
Cierra

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 14, 2013
I just read what happened and its looking like it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to a couple months before I get my refund. I'd like to have the $300 I paid to HR block back now!
yes

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Yes 600,000 there is a site called 8863 on facebook. And people on h&r blocks wall on Facebook sounding off. Come join.
Cierra

Owensboro, KY

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Be right there! Lol
a girl

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2013
I do my taxes myself. Its really easy if you use taxact, federal is free to file, state is like 20$, and the refund takes about two weeks. I've had h&r do mine before and then checked them, and they missed a few things on mine too.
Got Me Too

Owensboro, KY

#8 Mar 14, 2013
H&R messed up everyone's taxes that had education credits (box 35). They told me yesterday that it will be 40 more days before I get my refund. Is anyone getting a refund from H&R for their mistake? I mean the amount you paid H&R, not the refund from the IRS.
married

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2013
Makes me glad that I decided not to file and use that education credit now.
?

Rockport, IN

#11 Mar 15, 2013
I'm having the exact same issue. When I received an email about this from H&R, it made it sound like I did something wrong. I didn't go to H&R, but I did use their free federal tax return online. For those of you who are having the same issue, did H&R tell you that there was anything you should do on your end to speed up the process?
Cierra

Owensboro, KY

#12 Mar 15, 2013
HR block still hasn't even contacted me to tell me what's going on! I had to find out on my own. I paid over $300 to them for this and I reeaalllyyy want that money back! I guarantee they don't give any of us a refund for those processing fees though. If anyone does get it back please let me know! I'm mad about this and it's looking like at least for me that it could be 6 weeks to a few months... Not cool.
curious

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2013
I got the email from H&R Block but haven't contacted the IRS this is frustrating and I wish we could get a refund. Next year ill do my taxes myself or go somewhere else!! I normally don't count on taxes but I've got a ton of medical issues and can't work at the moment....struggling to go to school only to get screwed by the IRS...its a wonder people don't want to better themselves
cantgetmyrefund

Beaverton, OR

#14 Mar 21, 2013
Cierra wrote:
HR block still hasn't even contacted me to tell me what's going on! I had to find out on my own. I paid over $300 to them for this and I reeaalllyyy want that money back! I guarantee they don't give any of us a refund for those processing fees though. If anyone does get it back please let me know! I'm mad about this and it's looking like at least for me that it could be 6 weeks to a few months... Not cool.
h&r have agreed to give most people theeir.money back
curious

United States

#15 Mar 21, 2013
When and how? I hope my nightmare is coming to an end and I'm about to get a deposit date for my refund
Claire

Owensboro, KY

#16 Mar 21, 2013
cantgetmyrefund wrote:
<quoted text>
h&r have agreed to give most people theeir.money back
Where'd you hear this?
jen

La Porte, IN

#17 Apr 8, 2013
It was suppose to cost me 80 to file for my taxes with H&R block, until they had to do the "long" form because i claimed my son and I. so for the fee of the long form it was 180 so i only recieved 14 dollars on my state taxes! including the fee of how you want your return emerald card, your bank, or a check. theres fees to use the emerald card so i didnt choose the quickest route and deducted another 30.00 out of my refund for it to go to my bank. a day later i get a call they messed up so i was suppose to get over 2,xxx more then what i recieved because the man entered the wrong time period my son has been alive. So now not only do I have to pay an additional 40.00 to receive a check,i have to pay for my postage for my fed and state to be sent out an amended. Also IRS doesn't go over the adjusted tax file forms until they finish all the other forms.y66 So it could be up to 16 weeks until i get it I was counting on this money for tuition for school. So I am wondering why on earth I have to pay for their mistakes. also if we as citizens have a deadline to file taxes or there is consequences, Why doesn't the irs have a deadline to give us what were entitled to. I paid over 300 dollars to have my taxes done correctly because I was uncertain I could not. That is there Job So shouldn't they pay for messing up my taxes. I'm not satisfied I had to pay for postage and they Check. Never again will I go to them.
sally

United States

#18 Apr 8, 2013
jen wrote:
It was suppose to cost me 80 to file for my taxes with H&R block, until they had to do the "long" form because i claimed my son and I. so for the fee of the long form it was 180 so i only recieved 14 dollars on my state taxes! including the fee of how you want your return emerald card, your bank, or a check. theres fees to use the emerald card so i didnt choose the quickest route and deducted another 30.00 out of my refund for it to go to my bank. a day later i get a call they messed up so i was suppose to get over 2,xxx more then what i recieved because the man entered the wrong time period my son has been alive. So now not only do I have to pay an additional 40.00 to receive a check,i have to pay for my postage for my fed and state to be sent out an amended. Also IRS doesn't go over the adjusted tax file forms until they finish all the other forms.y66 So it could be up to 16 weeks until i get it I was counting on this money for tuition for school. So I am wondering why on earth I have to pay for their mistakes. also if we as citizens have a deadline to file taxes or there is consequences, Why doesn't the irs have a deadline to give us what were entitled to. I paid over 300 dollars to have my taxes done correctly because I was uncertain I could not. That is there Job So shouldn't they pay for messing up my taxes. I'm not satisfied I had to pay for postage and they Check. Never again will I go to them.
Lol
who

United States

#19 Apr 8, 2013
jen wrote:
Go to Old River Town tax service.$60 and you get your taxes back just as fast.
robgill

Australia

#20 Sep 11, 2013
Yep I have been working on this case for quite some time I have all the paper work in place names of doggie accounts everything is falling into my favour. I must say h&r block you can't out smart me I been into u guys since 2011 see u soon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Serrell Yeckering 7 min Areyouserious 22
Who is this ? 9 min Need to know 1
Ryan Ramsey 11 min Susan 6
Lindsey & Brett Hudson!!!! 29 min Coco 3
Rebecca W (Becca Ann) 45 min smoke 3
Todd Hazel Riggs meth man 1 hr Druggies 2
angela cherokee katie murphy megan smith diseases 2 hr biz 2

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance