First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yup

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2013
How/where can I get a quick easy divorce, and for cheap? I know legal aid can help, but I also know they take seriously forever.
kristi

Tucker, GA

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Dont know if the same laws apply or if u have children or sjared property but in indiana, i owned my home before i was married. Never put him on the deed, when i divorced, i just went to courthouse filed paperwork for 100.00. Th ey served him , he moved out end of story.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 8, 2013
We have children together, but no shared property. I don't want anything from him, and I don't have anything he wants. We have been separated for months, and we dont live together anymore. Just want to get it over with quickly.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jan 8, 2013
*separated for 9 months.
hey there

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
*separated for 9 months.
It's cheaper if you both agree
yup

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 8, 2013
We both agree on it. Just don't know how to go about it for cheap because neither of us can afford much right now. It's sad that its cheaper to get married than it is to get divorced!
hey there

United States

#7 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
We both agree on it. Just don't know how to go about it for cheap because neither of us can afford much right now. It's sad that its cheaper to get married than it is to get divorced!
Yes it is, I gave it up because woman I had we're cheaters, I'd call different lawyers and c who is cheapest on non contestant div
kristi

Tucker, GA

#8 Jan 8, 2013
David taylor is cheap.. If there is nothing to fight over hes ok. You could probably both use him and split the cost.
Fun

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 8, 2013
Why not just call the courthouse and c if u can di it yourself for free. Theres no reason to spend any money on a lawyer for something u can do yrself for free. Also its already been nine months so another month or so for legal aid wont hurt too much.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jan 8, 2013
I didnt know that was an option, calling the court house and doing it for free. You sure? And yeah if it only took legal aid a month to do it, that would be fine. But I know they take anywhere from 4-8 months to even serve the paperwork. And then from there on, it takes even longer for them to process and finalize the divorce.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 8, 2013
There are no papers at the courthouse/judicial center. You either have to prepare the paperwork yourself or contact any attorney. Don't bother making calls to the courthouse because you'll be wasting your time aNd theirs.
ditto

Neenah, WI

#12 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
We both agree on it. Just don't know how to go about it for cheap because neither of us can afford much right now. It's sad that its cheaper to get married than it is to get divorced!
With children in common you have to be seperated at least 6 months before they can file the degree. You both also have to attend a parenting class.
nipeerC

Tucker, GA

#13 Jan 8, 2013
Legal aide can help and if uncontested it's best route to go. With you two having children you will have to go to the parenting class, it's not a long class, only an hour or so at the courthouse in with judge Castlen. It was Castlen before but may be different now. Takes a few weeks to get into the class but once it's done and paper work all signed what does a few more months waiting on it being finalized matter. Unless, u r in hurry to divorce to remarry new person but after only being separated 9 months, well didn't u learn from the first marriage? No need to rush.
myself

Hawesville, KY

#14 Jan 8, 2013
A friend of mine in Hancock County went to the courthouse. To the DMV believe it or not, got the papers to fill out and he and his wife filled everything out paid $40.00 and after it went before the judge they were divorced. No attorneys were needed at all

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 8, 2013
myself wrote:
A friend of mine in Hancock County went to the courthouse. To the DMV believe it or not, got the papers to fill out and he and his wife filled everything out paid $40.00 and after it went before the judge they were divorced. No attorneys were needed at all
That may be the case in Hancock Co. BUT I can assure you it's not in Daviess County. Also, you only have to be separated 60 days, not 6 months.

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Richmond, KY

#16 Jan 8, 2013
The Jman said what God has brought together let no man take apart. For only the hardness of the peoples hearts did Moses suffer to write a bill of divorce. Those who marry another and there spouse yet lives commit adultery. a.k.a divorce is illegal. People make me sick with all the hatin, and playin' and acting a fool an not take 2 min to think things through. damnit boy! don't get me preachin up in here, can I get a Word!?
hope

Princeton, KY

#17 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
How/where can I get a quick easy divorce, and for cheap? I know legal aid can help, but I also know they take seriously forever.
That you meet someone that makes you happy. Good luck.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jan 8, 2013
I've been married 12 years, separated off and on the past 3 years, tried everything possible to work it out, so its not that I got married and am trying to get divorces quickly because I didn't learn anything. I learned a lot and that I'm not going to be put thru the bs anymore. He has kids by other women from all the cheating he did, been to jail for assault and drugs, and doesn't support any of his kids.(to the person up there a few comments)

And thanks guys.
I am actually in another relationship now, and am engaged, to the greatest guy I've ever met. He treats me like a queen and has taken upon himself to be a great father figure to my kids since their real father has seemed to completely forgotten all about them. And we are really wanting to get married by the end of this summer before he deploys. So that's my rush.
looking

United States

#19 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
I've been married 12 years, separated off and on the past 3 years, tried everything possible to work it out, so its not that I got married and am trying to get divorces quickly because I didn't learn anything. I learned a lot and that I'm not going to be put thru the bs anymore. He has kids by other women from all the cheating he did, been to jail for assault and drugs, and doesn't support any of his kids.(to the person up there a few comments)

And thanks guys.
I am actually in another relationship now, and am engaged, to the greatest guy I've ever met. He treats me like a queen and has taken upon himself to be a great father figure to my kids since their real father has seemed to completely forgotten all about them. And we are really wanting to get married by the end of this summer before he deploys. So that's my rush.
If u want a male to talk to , I would give u an email
danica

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jan 8, 2013
yup wrote:
We both agree on it. Just don't know how to go about it for cheap because neither of us can afford much right now. It's sad that its cheaper to get married than it is to get divorced!
Im not knocking you for getting divorced but I dont think its sad that it costs more to divorce than marry. It sounds like your guy was a dud and you are in the right to want to divorce but if divorce was cheap the divorce rate would be even higher. Dumb kids getting married and divorced as fast as they do in Hollywood. But anyway a friend of mine got divorced fairly cheaply. It was mutual and they went to legal docs llc on triplett and paid like 100 bucks to have the forms prepared and then filed them at the courthouse and paid the filing fee which i dont know what that is but it saves tons of money by avoiding lawyers. Lawyers hate legal docs llc and i think even the newspaper has written about them. They are a legit legal forms service so its definitly worth a shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Child support payed but taking forever to post ... 3 min Bobby 10
Christopher Hill trash 4 min nope 57
Neil Johnson 1 hr Neil 7
Ashleyyyy 2 hr Boom 1
Charlie Riley 4 hr Jon 2
Who's the cook in pellville.....I n u to contac... 7 hr Death 4
Crystal Cooper 8 hr Sure 5

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages