Transcode Lumix GM1 AVCHD files to ot...

Transcode Lumix GM1 AVCHD files to other 1920x1080P format

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

caoyu0330

Nanjing, China

#1 Dec 10, 2013
Panasonic Lumix GM1 Review: Not quite a day after Sony made its announcement of two mirrorless cameras with full frame sensors in October 2013, Panasonic announced the Lumix DMC-GM1, a first truly "micro" Micro Four Thirds camera in the world. The Lumix DMC-GM1, can be seen as a pocketable camera with a 16 megapixel Four Thirds sensor. Compare to its big brother, CX7, the GM1 inherits almost all of the same imaging capability in smaller size. However, while the GX7 can shoot 1080P at 50fps, the GM1 can only manage the same frame rates at 1080i, although it can shoot Full HD at 25fps.
As far as we know, AVCHD video file (MTS/M2TS extension) provides you with the enjoyment of up to 1080p Full-HD visual image quality. But it's always the real pain to play and edit AVCHD footage on Mac, including FCP, FCE, iMovie, QuickTime, etc. Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac, a professional AVCHD to Mac Converter, can transcode AVCHD to other 1920x1080p format for easier editing. For instance, this AVCHD converter provides Apple ProRes 422 and Apple ProRes 444 codec to read AVCHD in FCP.
Below is step-to-step tutorial about how to transcode Panasonic Lumix GM1 AVCHD files to 1920x1080p Apple PrRes 422 HQ for FCP.
Step1: Import or drag & drop AVCHD 1920*1080 footage
When you start Aunsoft user-friendly Video Converter for Mac, the clear instruction in the main interface is clearly show you the main function icon.
You can import Panasonic AVCHD content via clicking the icon in the upper corner or just drag them to the program directly.
If you shoot 1080/50i/60i AVCHD recordings with GM1, you can click “editor tool” icon to de-interlance it to 1080/50p/60p for flawlessly video quality.
Step 2: Select ProRes 422 as export format for FCP importer
Click "format" and under the FCP menu, you can clearly see proper formats for FCP, including ProRes 422 and ProRes 444, the most friendly format for FCP. You can also enter FCP in the search bar directly, even faster.
ProRes 422 HQ is recommended here for offering even greater headroom to preserve the quality of even the most demanding.
Step 3: Set video size as 1920*1080 for output ProRes 422 MOV
Click "settings" to set Video Size as 1920*1080 or as original to maintain output format as original AVCHD video size and HD quality.
Before transcoding AVCHD to MOV with iMedia Converter for Mac, you can also adjust other settings, like video bitrates, audio channels, sample rate, etc.
Profile list make you easily view the profile of source AVCHD materials and target file, as well as your free disc space. If you batch convert several AVCHD contents, you can click yellow triangle icons to view different tasks.
Step 4: Transcode Panasonic GM1 AVCHD to 1920*1080P ProRes 422 MOV
Click "Conversion" icon to transcode AVCHD to 1920x1080P ProRes 422 MOV. With just a click on "Open output folder", you can locate the export ProRes MOV easily.
What’s more, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is versatile, which can transcode AVCHD to iMovie, AVCHD to QuickTime, AVCHD to Avid, AVCHD to Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas, AVCHD to FCE, etc. All my problems with AVCHD formats seem to be solved with all-in-one AVCHD to Mac conversion tool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renae and Snoop? 11 min cha cha 1
smoking ban passes in Owensboro. (Sep '15) 20 min Teacher 38
ViceLords down here from Chicago 39 min smh 9
Tp robbed pj moss? 41 min smh 4
Levi G 1 hr player 4
Michelle hawkins Willis 1 hr Me know 2
house on fire west end 1 hr Johnny C Depp 7

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance