Child support is a scam

Owensboro, KY

#41 Mar 20, 2013
The person who pays the money should have a right to know how it's spent. It's not fair to make the father pay for the mother's illegal drugs, or spend the money on her boyfriend. Sometime in the future, mothers will have to account for how child support money is spent. They will have to give proof of how it's spent. And fathers will have the right to help decide how it should be spent. Until then, it's fair for fathers to game the system to avoid paying.

Someone should start a website for fathers to know their rights and to know what's fair.

The fairest way for a court to order child support when the parents can't agree on custody, is to give the children to the parent with the money, so nobody would have to pay any child support. If that parent doesn't want them, and gives them to the other parent, that means he wants to pay child support. But it should be a deal between the parents, not a government scam.
really

Owensboro, KY

#42 Mar 20, 2013
Child support is a scam wrote:
The person who pays the money should have a right to know how it's spent. It's not fair to make the father pay for the mother's illegal drugs, or spend the money on her boyfriend. Sometime in the future, mothers will have to account for how child support money is spent. They will have to give proof of how it's spent. And fathers will have the right to help decide how it should be spent. Until then, it's fair for fathers to game the system to avoid paying.
Someone should start a website for fathers to know their rights and to know what's fair.
The fairest way for a court to order child support when the parents can't agree on custody, is to give the children to the parent with the money, so nobody would have to pay any child support. If that parent doesn't want them, and gives them to the other parent, that means he wants to pay child support. But it should be a deal between the parents, not a government scam.
What if neither parent has "the money"? Most households in this country survive on two incomes. Both incomes are necessary in order to provide for the family. So, it is almost a certainty that neither person can solely provide for the child without the help of the other parent, in most cases.

Plus, you make it clear that only men pay child support. Women, dear, can also be paying child support. My husband is supposed to get child support from his children's mother, but she's $5k behind.

And you could make sure that your child support money is not going to pay for the other person's drugs by not having children with a person that does drugs...clever thought, huh?
Dead beats

Saint Charles, KY

#43 Mar 20, 2013
They don't pay lock em away
Child support is a scam

Owensboro, KY

#44 Mar 20, 2013
The best solution is for the children to spend half of their time with each parent. If one parent has more money, that parent should buy more stuff for the children, such as new clothes etc.
really

Owensboro, KY

#45 Mar 20, 2013
The best solution is for the children to spend half of their time with each parent. If one parent has more money, that parent should buy more stuff for the children, such as new clothes etc.
And then what about in cases of abuse/neglect against the children?

Or when the kids get to be school age it becomes a little hard to alternate weeks or parts of weeks, and stuff.

Sure...you solutions work in a perfect world. But the world is far from perfect.
really

Owensboro, KY

#46 Mar 20, 2013
Dead beats wrote:
They don't pay lock em away
If only that were the case...
child support ppl

Owensboro, KY

#47 Mar 20, 2013
okay yes woman do pay child support as today i know someone is paying child support and it is a woman but not all fathers are not paying child support there is woman out there do to wow i had to two years ago and was it fun no but i did not say nothing about it i know it was for my child oooooooooooo by the way i was not last on my child support and not behind to i was there like clock work so their ppl not all fathers have to pay
Child support is a scam

Owensboro, KY

#48 Mar 20, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
If only that were the case...
That's hatred. You talk about a perfect world, but you try to make the world as imperfect as possible.

To get some insight, watch a movie called "Prince of Broadway", and compare it with "Kramer vs Kramer", to see how people are always dealing with an imperfect world, and how most of them make things work ok without hating each other too much.
child support ppl

Owensboro, KY

#49 Mar 20, 2013
okay i am not perfect and i am not saying i am i just saying that i did what i had to do for my child and yes i did pay child support and by the way i pay my taxes to o damn i said that
really

Owensboro, KY

#50 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
That's hatred. You talk about a perfect world, but you try to make the world as imperfect as possible.
To get some insight, watch a movie called "Prince of Broadway", and compare it with "Kramer vs Kramer", to see how people are always dealing with an imperfect world, and how most of them make things work ok without hating each other too much.
When you've been supporting someone else's children because they can't be responsible and pay for the children they got taken away from them by the state and you're owed $5k, you'd be a little mad at idiots like yourself that think parents should get away with not financially supporting their children. By the way, I work and my husband works, and we both support our children, but it isn't just our job to do so.
good gaw

Tucker, GA

#51 Mar 21, 2013
Okay then support ure children and quit bitchin. All that really matters is that ur kids r good am i right? Do they do with out? If not, then let shit go. Ok so the other parent doesnt support them. MOVE ON. Shouldnt have had kids with someone who doesnt want their kids. Ure children will know what uve done for them and u should get gratification from that. Instead of gettin on a site complaining about whats owed to u. Lifes imperfect and unfair and tough. No one said it was easy, just worth it. So wheres ur bitchin gettin you?
okkk

United States

#52 Mar 21, 2013
That's wrong. my bd is like 3000 behind and we go to court like evey cpl months. as long as he pays wen or before we go they wnt put him in jaiil. its not a felony, if that wss the case 75% of men in town wld b felons
My opinion only wrote:
If he gets $1,000 behind it's considered a felony & then u can sign a warrant for him to b put in jail. I think that's when child support would b set & extra support added on every week to get him caught up. I think u should contact the child support office to find out all this information for sure. I do think that $1,000 behind is pretty much when u have options tho. Until then, they don't take it seriously.
wtf

United States

#53 Mar 21, 2013
It really shldnt matter where the money goes. if the moms spending all her mo.ey alll month psyin for bills for the child to live, food, diapers, gas, daycare expense or watever. Shes the one supply all month so wen the little $100-&200 a month men gota pay comes, why can't she treat herself to a new outfit or dinner or somethin. she eould have done it with her money but since hes not there everyday helpin fi.ancially like he should then she spends evey dime she's got to take care of hers. that little money is kinda like a payback from wat all the mothrrs done for her child by herself all month!
motherof3

Tucker, GA

#54 Mar 21, 2013
I do agree with people thay are saying the fathers should know how its spent. Because ive seen women pay with their csupport cards at fast food joints and their kids are nowhere in sight i mean wtf is that about?? I get chldsupport for only my oldest daughter because i married and had two in the marriage. The father or should i say sperm donor wants nothing to do with her. Denied her even after the dna test. He got behind 1000 and was in jail. That was back in 2010 so the laws may have changed. He is now behind 1100. With this month almost over im sure itll then be 1300. Im not worrying over it because the commonwealth is strict over csupport if hes ever pulled over then they will haul him off. I do spend every dime i get on her. No toys. Clothes shoes school materials. I dispise those who abuse it.
As far as the taxes garnished it only happens when they r over a grand. And does anyone know if the father can sign his rights over in ky?
child support ppl

Owensboro, KY

#55 Mar 21, 2013
i got a ? for the mothers and fathers out there if a kids haves to have surgery like heart will you all bitch at the child support you all pay for then thank about it at way i have and no like i say be for i payed child support and i was NOT behind and on time with my child support and i am a mother i am NOT perfect and this is NOT a perfect place but ppl just grown the f**k up and take care of your kids i did you all need to yes i pay my taxes to
motherof3

Tucker, GA

#56 Mar 21, 2013
Wtf r u trying to say? Go back to school and learn how to spell/talk/type.
reality

Tucker, GA

#57 Mar 21, 2013
wowww wrote:
Its crazy that u ppl think they should have to show what mothers or fathers spend the "child support" on... I barely get ne thing for my daughter n it all goes on her. Payin bills-gotta keep the lights on grocerys-she has to eat. Goin to the movies. Its fun for her also....u dont see the ppl that have there child all the time seein what all they have spent on there child for the month or whatever that would b crazy. So why should the person paying child support get to choose wear that money is spent. As long as the child is takin care of?
No its not chosing on where the money is spent... It is showing where the money is spent! An with support coming on debit cards now, an itemized list isnt hard to do. And every 6 months they should go to court anv review those purchases. I pay support and im never late. And i am at 100% and the mother is at 0% until our daughter turns 4. I provide medical insurance for her as well. But why should i work 50 or more hours a week to pay 450 a month on my 2 year old when her mother doesnt work, lives in government housing, gets wic and foodstamps? She doesnt own a vehicle and her parents pay her cellphone. I believe I deserve proof of where my HARDEARNED money is going. Thats all. So jus because u claim u spend ur money on ur kid... Theres plenty of others who dont. Kentucky child support system sucks period. For the male or female.
really

Owensboro, KY

#58 Mar 21, 2013
good gaw wrote:
Okay then support ure children and quit bitchin. All that really matters is that ur kids r good am i right? Do they do with out? If not, then let shit go. Ok so the other parent doesnt support them. MOVE ON. Shouldnt have had kids with someone who doesnt want their kids. Ure children will know what uve done for them and u should get gratification from that. Instead of gettin on a site complaining about whats owed to u. Lifes imperfect and unfair and tough. No one said it was easy, just worth it. So wheres ur bitchin gettin you?
Is $5k a lot of money? That's how much I paid for the car I just bought. Could we give our kids more with that money? Yes. It is a complete insult for her not to pay. If someone owed you that kinda money, would you be complaining?
child support ppl

Owensboro, KY

#59 Mar 21, 2013
okay ppl i was paying $1005.00 a month on my kid yes it is one kid u all thought u all had it bad and i did have heath insurance on the kid to at my work okay stop crying ppl and grown the f**k up and pay your child support mothers and fathers if you all see i did put mothers first and fathers second yes i am a mother i was not last i was not behind on my child support so parents grown the f**k up and take care of your kids parents out there not just fathers mothers to
My opinion only

United States

#60 Mar 21, 2013
prove it wrote:
<quoted text>Cause there is a problem when the moms (or dads) are spending the money at the bars and on alcohol and smokes or drugs or whatever they want that doesnt benefit the kids at all!! And then they wonder why they dont have enough money and cant make it on what they get... thats why it should be documented!!!
. Amen!! No one said they could tell u what to spend the money on just keep receipts showing that the money is going for things like groceries or utility bills. That's what child support is for!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole Bodiou 1 hr Had her too 3
Morris Plank stop posting ur girls business 1 hr Loser 1
Kira neel.. (Nov '14) 1 hr Old friend 11
chris shain divorce 2 hr bigfish 3
Video of kaitlyn shaking those pancakes 2 hr love locals 6
caddilac party girls 3 hr john 1
Cathy mattingly 3 hr gross 10

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance