infertility issues
infertility

Hopkinsville, KY

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Name women who can't have children
a mom

Tucker, GA

#2 Mar 24, 2013
I know several, but why do you want their names? That is just odd.
infertility

Hopkinsville, KY

#3 Mar 24, 2013
a mom wrote:
I know several, but why do you want their names? That is just odd.
Because I can't. And I want to know who else can't so I can see if they want to start a support group.
fyi

Princeton, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2013
infertility wrote:
<quoted text>Because I can't. And I want to know who else can't so I can see if they want to start a support group.
People in support groups don't use their last name...alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous, gambler's anonymous........
I think you have an ulterior motive.
infertility

Hopkinsville, KY

#5 Mar 24, 2013
No alterior motive.? I'm new to the area I have no one to talk to. You all are weird! Nevermind!
a mom

Tucker, GA

#6 Mar 24, 2013
infertility wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I can't. And I want to know who else can't so I can see if they want to start a support group.
I get that. But Topix is probably not the place to find members for a support group. Owensboro Topix tends to be mostly people trashing other people, and it can get pretty harsh, so most people do not want their name brought up on here, especially about something very personal like infertility. Maybe make some flyers and post them at your doctor's office or something, or ask about any support groups that may already exist. I'm sure there is at least one in the area! Good luck!
notpreg

Tucker, GA

#7 Mar 24, 2013
I think it's a pregnant perso looking to try to get someone to buy the baby when it's born.
infertility

United States

#8 Mar 24, 2013
a mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that. But Topix is probably not the place to find members for a support group. Owensboro Topix tends to be mostly people trashing other people, and it can get pretty harsh, so most people do not want their name brought up on here, especially about something very personal like infertility. Maybe make some flyers and post them at your doctor's office or something, or ask about any support groups that may already exist. I'm sure there is at least one in the area! Good luck!
Thanks there really wasn't any alterior motives. It just is hard to deal with this idea that you may never be a Mom and then there is no one to talk to about it because well...who wants to admit they can't have children. And I am new here and I was told a lot of the women around here my age seem to be having a really hard time getting pregnant. Maybe its the water?
fertile man

Tucker, GA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
infertility wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks there really wasn't any alterior motives. It just is hard to deal with this idea that you may never be a Mom and then there is no one to talk to about it because well...who wants to admit they can't have children. And I am new here and I was told a lot of the women around here my age seem to be having a really hard time getting pregnant. Maybe its the water?
Maybe it's the guy? How old are you?
infertility

United States

#10 Mar 24, 2013
...my doctor says the same thing. Guy is 30. Guy is being tested tomorrow.
fertile man

Tucker, GA

#11 Mar 25, 2013
Ok
mightbeintereste d

Madisonville, KY

#12 Mar 25, 2013
infertility wrote:
...my doctor says the same thing. Guy is 30. Guy is being tested tomorrow.
doctors cost money I am good looking Guy and 33 and would be glad to help and give you some good juice to make sure u get pregnant email me if interested ..
snr

Franklin, IN

#13 Mar 25, 2013
I think a support would be nice......all my life I have always.wanted to be a mommie......I thankfully have a stepdaughter from my exhusband that I have been blessed with.....and I love her......but yeah a group would be nice.....IM IN!
a mom

Tucker, GA

#14 Mar 25, 2013
infertility wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks there really wasn't any alterior motives. It just is hard to deal with this idea that you may never be a Mom and then there is no one to talk to about it because well...who wants to admit they can't have children. And I am new here and I was told a lot of the women around here my age seem to be having a really hard time getting pregnant. Maybe its the water?
actually, you may be right, at least partially. There is fluoride in the water, and that can cause infertility. Infertility is a growing problem, becoming more and more common. A lot of it is due to chemicals in our food, etc. People don't cook at home like they used to, we use more and more processed foods that are full of harmful things. There isn't enough of any one thing to harm you in your food, but those things build up over time and cause serious issues. I can't have kids either, mine are adopted. I know it isn't easy to deal with. But consider adoption. There are a lot of kids out there who desperately need a good mom.
Youre a jackass

United States

#15 Mar 25, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>
People in support groups don't use their last name...alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous, gambler's anonymous........
I think you have an ulterior motive.
Those are anonymous groups for addicts so of course they don't use last names. There are other types of support groups for instance people with cancer or other deseases that are not anonymous what she is looking for would fall into that group.
That being said I find it odd and distasteful you would ask people to name names instead of asking if there was a group you could join. I mean would you want someone putting your name on here? I'd say not since your not using your real name.
infertility

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2013
Youre a jackass wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are anonymous groups for addicts so of course they don't use last names. There are other types of support groups for instance people with cancer or other deseases that are not anonymous what she is looking for would fall into that group.
That being said I find it odd and distasteful you would ask people to name names instead of asking if there was a group you could join. I mean would you want someone putting your name on here? I'd say not since your not using your real name.
Well, first off I said I'm new to the area. I can see where you would think that when I look back on it. I guess it does look bad bit there wasn't anything meant bad about it. I know you all have a completely different forum where people get on here and bash each other.(Mine isn't like that.) I'm from England so I think there is a bit of a cultural clash going on.
lol

Tucker, GA

#17 Mar 25, 2013
We need more infertile people here in owensboro. Increasing the flouride is a start. Great idea!
infertility

United States

#18 Mar 25, 2013
lol wrote:
We need more infertile people here in owensboro. Increasing the flouride is a start. Great idea!
That's what I'm saying. The people that should be pregnant, people that are educated and with money are the ones that seen to have a harder time getting pregnant. I think there is something in your water here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Swimming Holes?? (May '16) 4 min hotwife 8
adam carter 8 min Tall girl 26
Judges and the jail. 29 min Mrs ReeDonna Landon 2
Dottie 49 min do not know either 12
People that Sell and Work for OPD 59 min Orange cap cop 2
Women who rely on child support to pay their bi... 1 hr Terri 29
Facials (Sep '12) 1 hr Terri 7
Owensboro catholic 1 hr Teacher 49

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web