Still setting off fireworks?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pissed

Richmond, KY

#1 Jul 8, 2012
WHY must people continue to set off fireworks every night? No one respects their neighbor any more
WOW

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jul 8, 2012
pissed wrote:
WHY must people continue to set off fireworks every night? No one respects their neighbor any more
because people are idiots... Happens every year
lol

Richmond, KY

#4 Jul 8, 2012
Idk...I think this year you need to give them a little bit of a break. Today's the first time it's actually really rained all over the county, not just bits and pieces here or there. So tonight would be the only night so far this month that I would feel comfortable setting them off and not worrying about burning the city down lol. And, of course, it doesn't get dark til 9 at least.
If they continue doing it all hours of the night, then, yes, I would start to get pissed off too. But tonight's a good night to do them without worrying. Be happy we got some much needed rain! lol
Mom

Richmond, KY

#5 Jul 8, 2012
I'll let you know when I care about 'giving them a break' but it won't be until AFTER I get my children back to sleep since they were woke up by the fireworks.
#1 Dad

Henderson, KY

#6 Jul 8, 2012
Mom wrote:
I'll let you know when I care about 'giving them a break' but it won't be until AFTER I get my children back to sleep since they were woke up by the fireworks.
Duct tape their ears and mouths and stfu!!

Since: Feb 12

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jul 8, 2012
This is America. A free country. If you don't like it, move to a country where they tell you what you can and cannot do.
huh

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jul 8, 2012
GreenSkulls wrote:
This is America. A free country. If you don't like it, move to a country where they tell you what you can and cannot do.
How is it fair that one person is free to shoot off fireworks whenever they want and another person is not free to have peace and quiet when they're trying to sleep? Apparently, in your opinion, it's a free country for only some people.
fattt

Richmond, KY

#9 Jul 8, 2012
Mom wrote:
So you get on Topix to complain about it instead of getting those kids to bed? Seems legit.
anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jul 8, 2012
pissed wrote:
My neighbor trapped and killed my cat last week. I would choose fireworks until midnight if I had my choice.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11 Jul 8, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>How is it fair that one person is free to shoot off fireworks whenever they want and another person is not free to have peace and quiet when they're trying to sleep? Apparently, in your opinion, it's a free country for only some people.
what's one does on their property is their business to an extent. If your gonna complain about fireworks then I'm going to complain about dogs, loud music, cars, kids screaming and playing, airplanes, neighbors AC u it's kicking on, and the wildlife. Quit pissing on someone's happiness cause u yourself arnt happy :) stay classy Owensboro.

Since: Feb 12

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jul 8, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>How is it fair that one person is free to shoot off fireworks whenever they want and another person is not free to have peace and quiet when they're trying to sleep? Apparently, in your opinion, it's a free country for only some people.
You are free to move to the country away from everyone to get peace and quiet. I'm woke up all the time by sirens. But it's my choice to live in the city, so I don't complain.
huh

Owensboro, KY

#13 Jul 8, 2012
G-nomie1 wrote:
<quoted text>what's one does on their property is their business to an extent. If your gonna complain about fireworks then I'm going to complain about dogs, loud music, cars, kids screaming and playing, airplanes, neighbors AC u it's kicking on, and the wildlife. Quit pissing on someone's happiness cause u yourself arnt happy :) stay classy Owensboro.
I wasn't even the one complaining about fireworks, just making a point about our freedoms. There are a lot of things you can't do in America because of its affect on others. For example, smoking in certain public places. And actually there are laws about noise levels in neighborhoods and such so if you want to complain about barking dogs and loud music, go ahead. You have that right. P.S. I couldn't be happier :)
question

United States

#14 Jul 8, 2012
G-nomie1 wrote:
<quoted text>
what's one does on their property is their business to an extent. If your gonna complain about fireworks then I'm going to complain about dogs, loud music, cars, kids screaming and playing, airplanes, neighbors AC u it's kicking on, and the wildlife. Quit pissing on someone's happiness cause u yourself arnt happy :) stay classy Owensboro.
why was ur name ran thru on the police scanner bout 30 mins ago in tge English park area?
Mom

Richmond, KY

#15 Jul 8, 2012
Mom wrote:
I just had the same issue--damn fireworks woke up my baby and it took almost 45 minutes to get her back to bed.

Are people 'free' to set of fireworks? Sure. BUT come on people, it's 4 days after the holiday, a Sunday night and some people have to work tomorrow. Free or not, the people setting them off should show some respect to everyone else around them.
Mags

United States

#16 Jul 8, 2012
I could not have said it better than G or Green. But an FYI for you "city folk" ha
Living in the country has the same neighbor fouls there just might be a greater distance between you.
Despite being three acres away I can hear my neighbor's beagle howling it up.
Mags

United States

#17 Jul 8, 2012
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I just had the same issue--damn fireworks woke up my baby and it took almost 45 minutes to get her back to bed.
Are people 'free' to set of fireworks? Sure. BUT come on people, it's 4 days after the holiday, a Sunday night and some people have to work tomorrow. Free or not, the people setting them off should show some respect to everyone else around them.
However, this is an excellent point.

Level 2

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Jul 8, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't even the one complaining about fireworks, just making a point about our freedoms. There are a lot of things you can't do in America because of its affect on others. For example, smoking in certain public places. And actually there are laws about noise levels in neighborhoods and such so if you want to complain about barking dogs and loud music, go ahead. You have that right. P.S. I couldn't be happier :)
imma probably just chock the dog one of these nights. It's easier :)
My love

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Jul 3, 2013
Why does it even matter anyways children loves them and so does us grown ups just let them be
wow

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jul 3, 2013
My love wrote:
Why does it even matter anyways children loves them and so does us grown ups just let them be
Dug deep for this thread from last year. You are totally right though... Kids that go to bed before 9 love being startled and awaken by loud booms, bangs and screamers... Moron...
stfu

Chicago, IL

#22 Jul 3, 2013
It's summertime....damn kids shouldn't be asleep yet anyway! I'm letting one off right now! Oops, and there goes another one! Cops can't find me cause im like a puma! Hope I woke your kids up again! Mwaahahahaha!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Castlen realtors 24 min Teacher 14
Sarah b gurl wells 26 min Teacher 3
buddy hinton 34 min Truth 3
Summer & Josh Powell 45 min Walmart 19
231 "walking man" 1 hr Fagsdrivepurplejunk 3
She's still at it 1 hr Had a young one 13
Jason riley 1 hr Butt 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages