First Prev
of 3
Next Last
thetruth

Owensboro, KY

#50 Feb 24, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pretty funny seeing them get even crazier than they were before. Although sometimes I do feel sorry for how tortured it must be for them to live with some much anger and paranoia.
It's no different than it was in 2001 when Bush unveiled the Patriot Act, and people began to take notice and beg for change.
Only now we have Barack Obama, the Patriot Act is still in effect and he has the ability to have anyone detained without due process written into law (NDAA 2012 and NDAA 2013)
The party has changed, but everything has stayed the same.

So I wouldn't exactly call this paranoia, people have a reason to be worried about what happens in the world around them, even if a few people do take it to excess.
haha

Tucker, GA

#51 Feb 24, 2013
thetruth wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no different than it was in 2001 when Bush unveiled the Patriot Act, and people began to take notice and beg for change.
Only now we have Barack Obama, the Patriot Act is still in effect and he has the ability to have anyone detained without due process written into law (NDAA 2012 and NDAA 2013)
The party has changed, but everything has stayed the same.
So I wouldn't exactly call this paranoia, people have a reason to be worried about what happens in the world around them, even if a few people do take it to excess.
I have no argument with anything there. The sad truth is, our system is so corrupted by special interests and corporate money, that nobody can be in line for high offices unless they have already sold out.
thetruth

Owensboro, KY

#52 Feb 24, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no argument with anything there. The sad truth is, our system is so corrupted by special interests and corporate money, that nobody can be in line for high offices unless they have already sold out.
Agreed wholeheartedly.
Joe the Boxer

Owensboro, KY

#53 Feb 24, 2013
get with the program wrote:
You've got one guy named old school or something that always talked about the conservative viewpoint, never opening his eyes to the left. And then there was some freak show psycho liberal that followed him around on every post screaming liberal ideas. It's really sad.
That old school guy wasn't too bad. He had some class and talked with decency. He was only screaming conservative ideas when he talked about economics. The other liberal guy was off his rocker though. If his objective was to sway people to agree with him, he did just the opposite. His extremism was a big turn off. Party lines shouldn't exist any way. They just create a big divide and are a filibuster in and of themselves.
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#54 Feb 25, 2013
Joe the Boxer wrote:
<quoted text>
That old school guy wasn't too bad. He had some class and talked with decency. He was only screaming conservative ideas when he talked about economics. The other liberal guy was off his rocker though. If his objective was to sway people to agree with him, he did just the opposite. His extremism was a big turn off. Party lines shouldn't exist any way. They just create a big divide and are a filibuster in and of themselves.
Glad to see you're still out there, TheRealOldSchool! You haven't signed in since you pretended to not understand how to read through pages of search results. Hopefully you've learned it's better to admit that you're wrong instead of making lame excuses or calling everyone stalkers. That type of behavior just makes a person look even more foolish.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Tucker, GA

#55 Feb 25, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to see you're still out there, TheRealOldSchool! You haven't signed in since you pretended to not understand how to read through pages of search results. Hopefully you've learned it's better to admit that you're wrong instead of making lame excuses or calling everyone stalkers. That type of behavior just makes a person look even more foolish.
I was asleep by 9. It's nice to know you still think everyone is me though. One day you'll stop thinking about me.
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#56 Feb 25, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asleep by 9. It's nice to know you still think everyone is me though. One day you'll stop thinking about me.
Thanks for chiming in to prove my point about your stalker accusation fetish! I don't think about you at all. I was only calling you out for being ridiculous. I never even knew who you were until I noticed others making fun of you and you pretending to not understanding how read search results that proved you wrong. You did start to act pretty silly, especially starting with your comment #114 on this thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/owensboro-ky/...

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#57 Feb 25, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for chiming in to prove my point about your stalker accusation fetish! I don't think about you at all. I was only calling you out for being ridiculous. I never even knew who you were until I noticed others making fun of you and you pretending to not understanding how read search results that proved you wrong. You did start to act pretty silly, especially starting with your comment #114 on this thread.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/owensboro-ky/...
Do you ever read what you post and realize how dumb you sound? I hope everyone clicks on your link so they can see how ridiculously ignorant you are.
sweet1234

Owensboro, KY

#58 Feb 25, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever read what you post and realize how dumb you sound? I hope everyone clicks on your link so they can see how ridiculously ignorant you are.
Thanks for that in depth and clever retort! Did you ever figure out how to do those fancy new Internet search engines? You seemed pretty confused on clicking the google search results there, grandpa! Maybe can can have a younger relative show you how it works or take a beginning computer class at the senior center. I wish you luck in your journey to higher knowledge through technology!:)

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#59 Feb 25, 2013
sweet1234 wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that in depth and clever retort! Did you ever figure out how to do those fancy new Internet search engines? You seemed pretty confused on clicking the google search results there, grandpa! Maybe can can have a younger relative show you how it works or take a beginning computer class at the senior center. I wish you luck in your journey to higher knowledge through technology!:)
Your attempt at a witty comeback has failed again. It's always good to see you ruin yet another good discussion by diluting it with your hate for the Republican Party. Grow up.
Gun powder and lead

Owensboro, KY

#60 Feb 25, 2013
Skipper wrote:
I imagine you have a small penis and a case o arrested development . Why in the world do you need a gun?
It is idiots like you that make criminal's jobs easier. I own several guns to protect myself, my family, and my property. And when it's all said and done there will be a gun within easy reach of me in every room of my house. But if you don't feel the reason to own a gun by all means that is your right and choice. And it is my right and choice to point would be burglars in your in defended direction.
I suppose you support a total gun ban?
It is our right under the second ammendment to own guns for no reason at all, if we so desire. AND...If you think that when they ban guns that criminals will turn theirs over to the authorities, then you really are a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
Lady Smith

United States

#61 Feb 25, 2013
TheRealOldSchool wrote:
<quoted text>
Always having to get in the last word just makes you look like a cranky child. I just read the linked thread sweet posted. You yourself wrote that you couldn't read past the first page of a google search link. Pretending there's no page 2 and so forth on search results just because you can't admit to being wrong is why they made fun of you in the first place. You were wrong. Stop making excuses like wimpy liberal and get over it!
Lady Smith

United States

#62 Feb 25, 2013
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the truth! The party system only exists to make us think we have a choice!
dogman

Owensboro, KY

#63 Mar 9, 2013
I have always had a deep love to guns. And in the old days you could take your gun everywhere. Now people are abusing there rights for guns. Nobody needs to argue with facts. The world has gone crazy no doubt. But it started with jus this argueing with fellow americans. We need to all enjoy our rights in our own way. Our soldiers die for our freedom of speech as well as the right to bear arms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Courtney Hardesty? 14 min Wanna kno 1
J Wilson 50 min GETATME 6
You can stop all the lying now 1 hr equal oppurtunity... 3
Homes for rent (May '14) 2 hr tread 13
I think my fiance wants another man. 2 hr Bae 9
Daycare 2 hr outofthere 10
Jeannie Higdon 2 hr Lol 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages