Housing authority
justme

Evansville, IN

#1 Mar 20, 2014
has anyone ever been on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom apartment for over two years? how long did it actually take to get the apartment if you were?
lol

Madisonville, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2014
justme wrote:
has anyone ever been on the waiting list for a 3 bedroom apartment for over two years? how long did it actually take to get the apartment if you were?
Would be easier if you just got a job
DIY

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2014
I went to college. Received an Associate's degree. Then, landed a job making around $48,000 a year while raising a kid by myself. And it only took a little over two years! Take care of yourself. It's not the governments job.
name

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 21, 2014
Quit judging others, it's not your place.
seriously

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Mar 21, 2014
In order to live in HA apartments, a tenant MUST work. Rent is based on income. If they do not work, they MUST put in so many community service hours.
Hollow

Murray, KY

#7 Mar 21, 2014
seriously wrote:
In order to live in HA apartments, a tenant MUST work. Rent is based on income. If they do not work, they MUST put in so many community service hours.
Right. Bullsht
DIY

Tucker, GA

#8 Mar 21, 2014
name wrote:
Quit judging others, it's not your place.
I'm not judging. I'm just providing information. Why sit around and wait (for years!) for government housing when making your own way could be done just as quickly? Do yourself and your children a favor and make something of yourself. Be proud of the fact that you paid your own way and came up from the bottom. I am! That kind of attitude goes a long way for yourself and your children.
Figgy

Owensboro, KY

#9 Mar 21, 2014
you do not have to work if you are disabled, but if you are over 18 and not a student, then you have to do community hours every month. And everyone MUST pay rent. The minimum is 50$ a month. Two years on the waiting list sounds a little long, but the way that people are getting foreclosed on, it might be true. I would call and ask.
wow

United States

#10 Mar 22, 2014
Other lazy losers sittin around waitin for us hard workers to supply them with housing ....makes my stomach turn ..let me guess you drive a 2012 charger and your nails and hair is did to right ??
#getajob #calledreallife
Fulltime

Owensboro, KY

#11 Mar 22, 2014
If the gov't would start drug testing applicants & residents the wait wouldn't be so long :-)
Draw a check and pop out a few kids and BAM! The govt will pay you to be a lazy f*ck
Okay

Hopkinsville, KY

#12 Mar 23, 2014
DIY wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not judging. I'm just providing information. Why sit around and wait (for years!) for government housing when making your own way could be done just as quickly? Do yourself and your children a favor and make something of yourself. Be proud of the fact that you paid your own way and came up from the bottom. I am! That kind of attitude goes a long way for yourself and your children.
. U don't know her situation maybe she is going to school or something and just needs a lil help rite now. She might not need it in a few years.
caretaker

United States

#13 Mar 23, 2014
For those that can go to work, they would better off doing so. Your children would be better off seeing their parent(s) getting up everyday and going to work. If you can work and choose not to what are you teaching your children. Each and every year there are less producers and more takers. Soon the number won't work anymore and then what?
curious mind

Earlington, KY

#14 Mar 23, 2014
DIY wrote:
I went to college. Received an Associate's degree. Then, landed a job making around $48,000 a year while raising a kid by myself. And it only took a little over two years! Take care of yourself. It's not the governments job.
Okay so...who did you live with? Where did you live? & where did you work? Because it's hard to find a good paying job thats covers you financially through college without any outside help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cassie evans (Nov '12) 12 min Queen B 25
swedish match jobs 35 min Worker 5
Jamison Boone (Jul '15) 38 min Heartless 14
Jenn jones 1 hr Sexy bitch 15
Where's Pooper PoopDawgg Henderson? (Jul '14) 2 hr lmao 30
Robbie Tutt 2 hr Just me 2
Who's Coop? 2 hr Yep 5

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance