curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Does anyone know anything about cathedral preschool ?
my kid went there

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Can't say enough good things. My kid loved it and learned a lot. Caring teachers, great school.

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Its ok. My son was advanced for his age when he went there so we asked the teacher of she would work with him one on one to challenge him. She said yes but never did anything. He was already counting past 100 and doing simple addition and subtraction. He also knew all of his alphabet so the only reason we sent him to preschool was to improve his socialization skills. By the time the year was over the teachers did what they were supposed to do and made sure all the kids were ready for kindergarten but he didn't learn anything new except how to play better with other kids. Anyways, to answer your question, its a good school but I just wasn't very satisfied. If you want to pay the extra money for the Christian setting then go for it, but educationally, they're no better than the public preschools.
rumor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Green Eyed Lover wrote:
Its ok. My son was advanced for his age when he went there so we asked the teacher of she would work with him one on one to challenge him. She said yes but never did anything. He was already counting past 100 and doing simple addition and subtraction. He also knew all of his alphabet so the only reason we sent him to preschool was to improve his socialization skills. By the time the year was over the teachers did what they were supposed to do and made sure all the kids were ready for kindergarten but he didn't learn anything new except how to play better with other kids. Anyways, to answer your question, its a good school but I just wasn't very satisfied. If you want to pay the extra money for the Christian setting then go for it, but educationally, they're no better than the public preschools.
They aren't equipped for individualized instruction, you need a montessorri type preschool for that. Everyone I know that sends their child there is very satisfied.
MMA Parent

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

I have tried several different preschools in the area with my 4 kids and MMA (Maximilian Montessori Academy) is by far the best educational institute I have seen.
today

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Cathedral rocks. MMA is for the high falutant folks that are mostly snobs and rich people. Nobody else can afford MMA, or Majesty, or Hastings for that matter
leona1

Branson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

YES, Cathedral pre-school is the best in town. Loving, caring teachers and aids. My grandchildren loved it there and learned a lot. St. Pious has a good one too.
noway

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

a few of the teachers are fat and lazy, tho

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Limbertwig 150,251
Dr. Phillip Hurley 13 min No that is BS 13
Amy Nicole Miller 18 min wtf 10
Reggie Ragland 29 min Hummm 12
pharmacy bust on burlew 32 min rocco 10
Trip to Cochabamba, Bolivia 34 min wtf 6
DCDC Jail Staff Hookups/Relationships 36 min what did you ex ect 37
Jessica Heickelbech Bryan 47 min dumb 9
Collie Shot 3 times in Owensboro (Feb '14) 1 hr Human is Inhuman 215

Search the Owensboro Forum:
•••
•••
•••