Haunted Owensboro?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Owensboro, KY

#2 Apr 3, 2012
More than my fair share. Caught voices on my recorder and have seen what I and the 3 other people with me saw a ghost or spirit. It's def a rush.

“Think outside the box”

Since: Jan 12

Anytown, USA

#4 Apr 4, 2012
Check out David Wolfe and his tours.
http://www.hauntsofowensboro.com/
KLEAR

United States

#6 Apr 4, 2012
I know immaculate church or OCMS has people have heard doors slam seen blood stains and women screaming. Lived near there for yrs and never noticed that. Just saying
Mom

Tishomingo, MS

#7 Apr 4, 2012
I read/heard one time that Tamarack Elementary was haunted....anyone ever heard that?
madmama

United States

#8 Apr 4, 2012
I've been at omhs and have seen things especially later in the evenings. Mostly near the 2nd floor surgery area.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Richmond, KY

#9 Apr 4, 2012
i took my younger daughter and her friend on a 'haunted' tour of the old library one halloween years ago when they were too old to trick or treat but too young for real haunted houses. the volunteer guide worked at the library and had for years. she told me after the tour while the kids were playing and out of earshot that some of the library workers believe it really is haunted. she said they have come in to find books off shelves - no certain books mentioned. they found chairs pulled away from the tables. they found the rolling stepstools in different places. she said they would hear knocking from upstairs as they were closing up and getting ready to leave. she never told me if she believed it was haunted but said she wouldn't be on the upstairs floor alone.

Level 1

Richmond, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I don't think I've ever heard anything about the old library before.
i hadn't heard anything about it being haunted before that tour and nothing since, either.

“HeHeHeHe”

Owensboro ky

#14 Apr 4, 2012
When I was younger I lived in a house on leitchfield rd(2 houses down from estes elm school) and seen and heard plenty so did my parents. It was a 2 story old house that apparently was build over what use to be part of the grave yard that's over there(said the landlord) but there was a few "grave size" holes in the back yard but anyways, use kids slept upstairs and u could here boot sound footsteps on the stairs and once I woke up and seen a woman in a gown a few feet from my bed, closed my eyes scared and when I opened she was gone.. My dad had seen one of my moms gown actually floating and laid across some boxes in their bedroom, later I moved downstairs in a room across from theirs, I never seen anything there but the small hook that kept it close(broken doorknob) always magically un looped itself and the room constantly stayed cold even in summer, not freezing but it was very noticeable, one of my older brothers seen a woman standing in the back yard in the corner of the fence and thought it wad the virgin Mary(considering he wasn't that old either lol) but of course kids, we went running after her but never seen her again... Sorry for the long story but had to share... I have more if u wanna hear :-)
Mom

Tishomingo, MS

#15 Apr 4, 2012
CHUCKLESSS wrote:
When I was younger I lived in a house on leitchfield rd(2 houses down from estes elm school) and seen and heard plenty so did my parents. It was a 2 story old house that apparently was build over what use to be part of the grave yard that's over there(said the landlord) but there was a few "grave size" holes in the back yard but anyways, use kids slept upstairs and u could here boot sound footsteps on the stairs and once I woke up and seen a woman in a gown a few feet from my bed, closed my eyes scared and when I opened she was gone.. My dad had seen one of my moms gown actually floating and laid across some boxes in their bedroom, later I moved downstairs in a room across from theirs, I never seen anything there but the small hook that kept it close(broken doorknob) always magically un looped itself and the room constantly stayed cold even in summer, not freezing but it was very noticeable, one of my older brothers seen a woman standing in the back yard in the corner of the fence and thought it wad the virgin Mary(considering he wasn't that old either lol) but of course kids, we went running after her but never seen her again... Sorry for the long story but had to share... I have more if u wanna hear :-)
I'd love to hear!
Mom

Tishomingo, MS

#16 Apr 4, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I've heard that too.
Wondering what the supposed haunting is?

Level 1

Richmond, KY

#17 Apr 4, 2012
CHUCKLESSS wrote:
it is interesting. go on...

“HeHeHeHe”

Owensboro ky

#18 Apr 4, 2012
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>I'd love to hear!
In the same house... A cousin stayed the night(few years older than me) he said he woke up and seen a little boy sitting in the corner in a chair just starring :-0 lol.... This is a diff house but my dads grandma lived out in the country somewhere, some small rinky house at the bottom of a hill.. Well the story on that house is a middle age couple had lived there and the wife was pregnant like 7-8 months and the husband was a drunk and constantly beat her and tormented her saying the kid wasn't his.. Well she went into the back bedroom(nursery) sat in the rocking chair and killed herself(knife), so stories in my family was that my dads uncle had woke up to see blood stains everywhere and his rocking chair(not the original of course, but a lazy boy I think) was rocking... He got targeted alot I think because he himself was a drunk but anyways, my sister had stayed the night up there alot and she said one night she got woke up by pans banging against eachother and dishes clinking, she walked in the kitchen and seen who she thought was Gene(a family member living in another room) he was a hefty size guy and had the "pregnant look" gut.... Well she walked in the door way and said something like "why are u doing dishes in the middle of the night" never answered or turned around so she just went back to bed, the next morning she asked him what he was doing and he said I was sleeping lol so she took it as the woman was in there so she never stayed the night again lol

“Think outside the box”

Anytown, USA

#19 Apr 4, 2012
curious wrote:
I've heard of those but figured they were probably lame. Have you ever been on one?
Been on two actually, and they're definitely NOT lame! David is good friends with someone I know and he's a really good, legit guy. He's studying history at Brescia and he's EXCELLENT on the tours. The tour he gives is great - full of Owensboro history, cool facts and chilling tales of the unexplained. David's talked to many business owners who have had experiences in the older part of town. I could go on and on about how awesome it is, but you really need to go for yourself. I love the paranormal and his tours were interesting and fun.
EXECUTIVE INN SECURITY

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 Apr 4, 2012
I TOOK PICS OF THE GHOST THAT MADE THE PAPER A COUPLE YEARS BACK BEFORE THE BIG E WAS TORE DOWN...I WORKED 3RDS THERE FOR A YEAR BY MYSELF AS SECURITY SEENB SOME CRAZY SHIT.........
EXECUTIVE INN SECURITY

Hopkinsville, KY

#21 Apr 4, 2012
MY GRAND PARENT OWN THE OLDEST HOUSE IN OWENSBORO IT HAS SLAVE SHACKLES IN IT FROM THE SLAVE DAYS...IF THOSE WALLS COULD TALK...

“HeHeHeHe”

Owensboro ky

#22 Apr 4, 2012
EXECUTIVE INN SECURITY wrote:
MY GRAND PARENT OWN THE OLDEST HOUSE IN OWENSBORO IT HAS SLAVE SHACKLES IN IT FROM THE SLAVE DAYS...IF THOSE WALLS COULD TALK...
We'd love to here some stories if u have time
EXECUTIVE INN SECURITY

Hopkinsville, KY

#23 Apr 4, 2012
OK ONE TRUE STORY ......MY GRANDPARENTS ARE 90 YRS OLD AND LIVE ON WALNUT STREET B Y THE MAX ROADS PARK...ITS A BIG OLD HOUSE ...WELL AS A KID I USED TO SLEEP UPSTAIRS IN ONE OF THE TWO SPARE ROOMS ..WELL AT NITE I USED TO HEAR WHAT I THOUGHT WERE THE MUFFLED SOUNDS OF A BABY CRYING ...WELL I TOLD MY GRANDMOTHER AND MY MOTHER ABOUT WHAT I HEARD AND THEY JUST DISSMISSED IT AWAY ....WELL ABOUT 15 YRS AGO I WAS AT MY GRANDMOTHERS ..TAKING HER TO GET HER HAIR DONE .AND AS WE WERER LEAVING THE DRIVE WAY THERE WAS A OLD WOMAN LOOKING UP TOWARD THE WINDOW WERE I SLEPT AT ...WELL MY GRANDMOTHER KNEW THE WOMAN ..SHE USED TO HELP KEEP THE HOUSE CLEAN AND WAS LIKE A LIVE IN MAID..ANYWAY SHE WAS A BLACK LADY VERY SOFT SPOKEN .....SHE BEGUN TO TELL US OF A STORY ABOUT A BABY SHE HAD GOTTEN PREGNANT WITH AND THEN KILLED,OUT OF FEAR OF PERSICUTION,CAUSE SHE WAS A BLACK LADY WHO HAD GOTTEN PREGNANT FROM A PAST EMPLOYER WHOM SHE HAD A AFFAIR WITH...A WHITE MAN...ANYWAY TIMES WERE DIFFRENT BACK THEN ..AND RACES STAYED WITH THEIR OWN,,,SHE SAID SHE HAD GIVIN BIRTH UPSTAIRS ONE NITE WHILE MY GRANDPARENTS WERE SLEEPING...SHE TOOK THE BABY INTO THE CLOSET WHICH HAD A 2FOOT BY 2FOOT FLOOR SAFE..AND SHE PUT THE BABY INTHERE INTILL SHE SAID SHE COULDNT HEAR IT CRYING ANYMORE...SHE TOOK THE CHILD THE NEXT DAY IN HER PURSE TO A GRAVEYARD SHE SAID WAS BY THE ROLLING HEIGHTS AND DUG A SHALLOW GRAVE.....SHE SAID THE THOUGHT HAUNTED HER AND SHE HAD TO COME AND JUST LOOK AT THE PLACE WERE IT ALL TOOK PLACE ....WELL MY GRANDMOTHER STILLS HEARS THE CRYING SOUND EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE ...BUT NOTHING ELSE HAPPENS ...JUST HEAR A BABY LATE AT NITE.....BUT IT IS SCARY AS HELL.....I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WOLDER WOMAN.......HOPEFULLY SHE HAS MADE PEACE WITH IT ALL............I TRY NOT TO JUDGE CAUSE TIMES WERE SO MUCH DIFFRENT BACK THEN,....I JUST THINK SHE MUST HAVE REALLY BEEN SCARED ....TO HAVE KILLED THAT BABY.........ALOTT TO CARRY AROUND AS A BURDEN......WELL THERE IT IS .....BUT MY BIG E STORIES AND PICS ARE WAY SCARIER.....

“Think outside the box”

Anytown, USA

#24 Apr 4, 2012
Ok, here's mine: A great-great grandfather was a surgeon in the civil was. He operated on the soldiers in the upstairs area of his large home. His wife spent hours trying to clean any blood stains off their wooden floor to no avail. She even painted over them and they always bled right back thru the paint. Years passed and the home eventually burned down because of a spark from the fireplace. Another home, my great-grandparents' and eventually my grandma's, was built in the exact spot. My mom took care of my great-grandmother as a child and moved in with her at 7 years old until she went to college. She helped her around the house, bathed her, read to her and was her primary her caregiver. My mother recalls many incidents that are chilling. She told me she's seen doors open and then slam shut WITH the doorknob turning. She had things get thrown at her. And often they'd hear moans of pain from the upstairs when it wasn't occupied. Lots of people have experienced things in that house. It always terrified me.

Level 1

Owensboro, KY

#25 Apr 4, 2012
When your actually looking to find spirits or to go on a "hunt" by yourself, it's best to look and research places where tragedy has occurred or something along those lines.
EXECUTIVE INN SECURITY

Hopkinsville, KY

#27 Apr 4, 2012
I TOOK THE PIX MYSELF THEY R ON MY EMAIL ACCOUNT..I T MADE THE PAPER....SOMEONE LEAKED THEM .....TO THE PRESS. ALMOST COST ME MY JOB..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sara dodd 43 min missloyd 36
Jason McNeiley (Jun '13) 56 min Ken M 33
Best tattoo artist 2 hr Lol 15
brittany hallam pregnant 2 hr questions 1
Kevin Hester axel 2 hr bud 3
People that Sell and Work for OPD 3 hr Amber 24
Hospital cna 3 hr Little 1
Raffle house post gets deleted -- what are they... 3 hr Joe 13
Topix is deleting my post because I'm black 5 hr Yellow man 11

Owensboro Jobs