Child support fight
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated mom

La Vergne, TN

#1 Apr 19, 2013
My ex and I are argueing over child support. He doesn't want to pay and hasn't paid since birth. He now is refusing to see his kid because he is mad I took him back to court. Should I drop it and face that he doesn't want to be a dad or pursue it.
Frustrated mom

La Vergne, TN

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Is no one able to offer any insight?

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Frustrated mom wrote:
Is no one able to offer any insight?
If you took him to court you need the money right? Or you are in government assistance. Either way he should help raise his child financially especially if tax payers are supporting your child now. An if he's reusing to see his child over money. He's not a real man.

Owensboro, KY

#4 Apr 20, 2013
The best answer is to just drop it. If he isn't willing to support his child and now refuses to see his child, YOUR child will be better off without him around in the long run. It isn't worth the emotional and mental stress it will have on your child

Owensboro, KY

#5 Apr 20, 2013
You aren't telling the whole story. How can we make helpful suggestions without knowing what's really going on?

United States

#6 Apr 20, 2013
Move on ! Is it money you are seeking or just want to be involved with him more ? Who cares you wanted the child so deal with it . You are the mother right ? So be one and stfu slut

Tucker, GA

#7 Apr 20, 2013
@really what she hell is wrong with you? Who are u to judge her. So shut Ur f****** mouth. My child's father doesn't pay child support either. If he doesn't pay he shouldn't have any right to see your child. But i do also think u should take him to court. He laid with you to help make the baby so he should help support it
Frustrated mom

La Vergne, TN

#10 Apr 21, 2013
what wrote:
You aren't telling the whole story. How can we make helpful suggestions without knowing what's really going on?
I think I made it pretty clear what was going on? What other information would you like?

United States

#11 Apr 21, 2013
Frustrated mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I made it pretty clear what was going on? What other information would you like?
yeah i'd like to know why you're a money grubbing b!tch?
Frustrated mom

La Vergne, TN

#12 Apr 21, 2013
How is asking the father to help pay for diapers, formula, daycare, clothing for the child and other necessities being a money grubbing b?

Owensboro, KY

#13 Apr 21, 2013
YES take him to court It is both of you's responsibility to raise/support the child.Even if he doesn't want to see the child he still must must help support. that is his choice. The child didn't get a choice. Go to the office or call the legal aid office they will help I didn't get to see my children because of her not letting me but I still payed because I loved my kids the ones who are bitching I would guess have to pay child support
just a dad

United States

#15 Apr 21, 2013
There is nothing wrong with asking for support .........I have paĆ­d support and been active in my childs life for 15 years.......add bought her what she "wanted" on top of that have the right to ask for help it took two to make the baby ..........reguardless of if he wants to see the baby or not .........he was man enuf to make the baby he should be man enuf to pay for it what u need to do girl

United States

#16 Apr 21, 2013
Check out front page of the newspaper today

Level 6

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#17 Apr 21, 2013
If its your child you need to help take care of its financial needs. Once its here, or a pregnancy, its a done deal, no backing out because you are tired of the responsibility or didn't want it to begin with.

Don't be calling her a money grubbing bitch just because she expects financial help. Its his kid too.
Frustrated mom

Antioch, TN

#18 Apr 23, 2013
Crystal wrote:
<quoted text> yeah i'd like to know why you're a money grubbing b!tch?
You are unbelievable. You must be the girlfriend or new wife of a man who has to pay child support. Mad that he isn't spending all his money on you.

Owensboro, KY

#19 Apr 23, 2013
It's just as much his obligation to help support your child as it is yours. Go to the child support office and file and they will take care of everything for you althought it may take up to six weeks to get going. I did this with my ex although it is not income I rely on because he has never paid it consistently. I make enough to pay bills so when he does pay I make sure she has everything she wants and needs and then some. When she was little he would pull that that business of not wanting to see her because things didn't go his way but once he realized I wasn't going to give into him anymore he came around and stayed involved with her. I know some feel that if the non custodial parent doesn't pay child support then they shouldn't see them but one thing I have never done was keep her away from him whether he was paying or not and I didn't keep to a strict schedule either. When they want to see each other or spend time with each other I let them because she deserves to have him in her life just as much as she does me. It all comes down to doing what's best for your child. Good luck.

United States

#20 Apr 28, 2013
I agree what is best for the child but most woman do file to get back at the man for whatever reason which is very stupid cause the child needs both parents !!

Richmond, KY

#22 May 28, 2013
Girl you do wat you gotta do but defientley go and get child support if he dosent want nothing to do with the child that is on him at night when he lays down it will forsure get too him if he is any kind of man when the child gets older they will understand if you talk to the child its not your fault I hate when people say I left over something so in so did o well if he left that's cool but still be there for your child hunny you hang him by his balls I hate that guys get up and leave and get new girls and think they can have new lifes he better not forgot you can't run away from your old life he still has a kid he has to support if you can take any advice from this you should get child support it dosent make you a bad person I don't know one women that has kids that wouldn't get it they don't just get off scotch free now that they leave they might be kid free but they laid down and had a baby take care of your responsoblities plz hang him that's pittiful be can't help you out I don't know you but I'm sorry he isent there
been there

Indianapolis, IN

#23 May 29, 2013
don't worry about whether or not the dad wants to see your child. sounds like both you and child are better off without him. however, he should be financially responsible for his child. go to court make to make sure your baby is taken care of. even if you don't want it. that money can be out into savings and then used as a college fund or rainy day account in case something bad happens. either way your kid is cared for. I have kids and the father too no interest in the kids because of how crappy our relationship was and I am totally fine with that. I get the support and then I go to the bank. I have a very spoiled children who never needs anything thanks to my decision. do what's best for your child and leave any emotional attachment to the father behind.
THE mom

Owensboro, KY

#24 May 29, 2013
Sugar, you can't 'make' him be a dad....but, you can make him take responsibility for his child. I know many men that don't see their chidren, for whatever reason they have to live with, but they pay their support. Don't stop trying to get the help you deserve from him....make that man accept his responsibilities....period! You did not create this child by yourself, and he should not mind paying for his child. Cut him no slack at all girl!! Good luck to you!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patty Coppage ( Coppage Rentals 5 min Section 8 trash 8
Fake 11 min Still Married 21
Kate Rusher @ OCC 20 min bitch 3
our song 25 min lol 2
Found used condom 54 min Over now 1
#hore house on 431 next to the grain bins 1 hr pink12 21
floor installer for lowes. 1 hr jj 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages