Holy...! Priest arrested on sexual ab...

Holy...! Priest arrested on sexual abuse charges

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

think

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jun 8, 2012
http://www.messenger-inquirer.com/developing_...

'Bout time they start bringing 'em in!

“Don't read what's to the right”

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 8, 2012
As my bumper sticker says- "Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers".
Hahaha

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2012
Who was the person that got it in their butt?
duh

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jun 8, 2012
This was sooo not shocking to hear.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jun 8, 2012
Sounds like they caught him doing something way before this because it said "Piskula "had not been in any ministerial assignment since 2002 in accord with the policies enacted by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in 'The Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People,'" the Diocese statement says. Kauffeld said he could not provide any additional comment beyond the press release.

WTF does that mean? They knew something in 2002 and covered it up by placing in some priest hideaway instead of turning him in? This is one sick group.
notagain

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2012
How can any institution really be about God when it doesn't protect the kids. Allowing people to have healthy sex lives....getting married, having a girlfriend, or having a boyfriend these kind of things wouldn't happen as much. It seems beyond coincidence that there has been a high number of pedophile priests and that they all have abstinence in common. I think the church is really antigay because a large number of priests that aren't pedophiles are gay.
Miss

United States

#7 Jun 8, 2012
I was at Moreland park today and eye witness news asked me to do an interview on that but I knew nothing about it. They were trying to get opinions and input from parents and the community.
why

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jun 9, 2012
John Paul wrote:
He's 72 for god sake, leave this great godly man alone. Someone should be barred from bringing this matter up because of the statute of limitation. This is ridiculous. Poor Father P.
Why should priest be immune from the law? When you rape someone, you run their lives.
golly

United States

#10 Jun 9, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>Why should priest be immune from the law? When you rape someone, you run their lives.
They shouldn't have 20 years to sit back and think about how or if it traumatized them. Crimes like rape & abuse should have to be reported within a year. It would make people realize how important it is to report WHEN it happens so that it doesn't happen to more people.
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jun 9, 2012
golly wrote:
<quoted text>They shouldn't have 20 years to sit back and think about how or if it traumatized them. Crimes like rape & abuse should have to be reported within a year. It would make people realize how important it is to report WHEN it happens so that it doesn't happen to more people.
It isn't that simple. Guess you have never known anyone that has been raped. Nothing could ever bring anymore shame to a person than rape. Plus, it is easy to blame yourself. Men have the hardest time reporting that they have been rape. Things were very different 20 years ago when it comes to sexual assault. The awareness that exist now didn't then. It is courageous for anyone to come forward because some people are only going to ridicule them. I understand why no one wants to come forward because there is too much character assignation on rape victims.
SaraZ

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2012
This child was under 12, and had probably been indoctrinated that the priests/churches can do no wrong, and even if they told, they weren't believed or it was handled internally, hence the moving around of all these priests. What I want to know is why in the world if your child was molested by someone, why would you not go to the police first, why would you tell someone in the church instead??? Why do I never see the church stand up and say, if anyone ever molests you, go to the police, don't go to the bishop, don't go to someone else in the church, go to the police???? So thankful my husband left the catholic church a LONG time ago and our children were NEVER indoctrinated in their ways.
greg howard

United States

#13 Jun 9, 2012
its all gods will.
ok have to say this

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jun 9, 2012
SaraZ wrote:
This child was under 12, and had probably been indoctrinated that the priests/churches can do no wrong, and even if they told, they weren't believed or it was handled internally, hence the moving around of all these priests. What I want to know is why in the world if your child was molested by someone, why would you not go to the police first, why would you tell someone in the church instead??? Why do I never see the church stand up and say, if anyone ever molests you, go to the police, don't go to the bishop, don't go to someone else in the church, go to the police???? So thankful my husband left the catholic church a LONG time ago and our children were NEVER indoctrinated in their ways.
Have you ever thought the child might not have told the parents. I am a survivor of sexual abuse and I didn't tell for over a year do to the shame and being afraid of what would be done to my parents. Quit blaming the parents they probably did the best they could.
really

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jun 9, 2012
Who cares how long ago it was and how old the man is now, what he did was wrong and he knows it! Hello people!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16 Jun 9, 2012
John Paul wrote:
He's 72 for god sake, leave this great godly man alone. Someone should be barred from bringing this matter up because of the statute of limitation. This is ridiculous. Poor Father P.
It's ridiculous that they knew of his pattern of behavior in 2002. All criminals hope they don't get caught...ever...he must face the consequences of his actions now.
SaraZ

White Plains, KY

#17 Jun 9, 2012
If you read the article in the paper today, he was placed on "restricted assignment" in 1994, so in 1994 the higher ups in the catholic diocese knew then of issues, but was he turned over to police? No, probably just moved to another parish. In the above post I wasn't blaming the parents per se, I was saying that IF the parents were told and went to the parish instead of going to the police, then they were wrong, and should be held at fault for not protecting their child. The catholic diocese will always protect their own, never their flock.
just wondering

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2012
I agree he needs to be punished if he did this crime. But since it's been over 30 years ago, how can they prove this was done? Someone said leave the parents alone. I am a parent of 2. I am very attentive to my kids actions. There had to be some signs that this child had been raped that the parents could have picked up on. I don't understand how it would have been ignored for 30+ years. May all who are involved find peace.
wellmaybenot

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jun 9, 2012
just wondering wrote:
I agree he needs to be punished if he did this crime. But since it's been over 30 years ago, how can they prove this was done? Someone said leave the parents alone. I am a parent of 2. I am very attentive to my kids actions. There had to be some signs that this child had been raped that the parents could have picked up on. I don't understand how it would have been ignored for 30+ years. May all who are involved find peace.
Not necessarily. It depends. I hid a lot from my parents, and I had a college roommates whose parents never knew she was raped. You may be more observant than most. I think if someone feels enough shame and humiliation, they will go to great lengths to hide the truth. This guy could have been threatened. Who knows? Being sexually violated has to be one of the worst things a person goes through. Plus, society likes to blame the victim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If he only knew . 5 min Really 9
Amy kessinger 7 min Jessie 35
Someone needs to let that sista know 40 min Sad 2
Alexis Tucker stinnett 42 min Hung 2
J renfro 44 min Neighbor 7
Street Crimes Detectives 47 min danberry 3
How Far apart in age is to far for dating (Aug '11) 49 min Thirdterm 107

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance