who got windy hollow speedway for 2014

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
treetop

Bloomington, IN

#1 Feb 7, 2014
I hear someone lease it anyone knows who got it?
jake

Sacramento, KY

#3 Feb 7, 2014
????
Nope

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 7, 2014
No one yet. Talks are still ongoing. Whoever gets it is gona have to sink some serious $$$ into it
forwar

Owensboro, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2014
Hope its ran good
whsw

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2014
Nope wrote:
No one yet. Talks are still ongoing. Whoever gets it is gona have to sink some serious $$$ into it
They need new grandstands and that's it. Not a lot of money.
curious

Madison, TN

#7 Feb 9, 2014
It needs more than grandstands. It needs to electric wires ran new wall a real catch fence new dirt brought in.
Nope

Owensboro, KY

#8 Feb 9, 2014
whsw wrote:
<quoted text>
They need new grandstands and that's it. Not a lot of money.
New grandstands moved back, new fence with catch guard, the dirt needs the brick taken out (dug out) and new dirt brought in after they cut it down on the front stretch
Really

Owensboro, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2014
I hope they close all those tracks for good. Let me explain: I see young families involved in the business of racing that can barely afford to live. How on earth can they possibly justify the expense of racing a car that needs repair after every use? I assure you the money would be better spent on kids clothes and food. I'm sure most of these families get food stamps, medical card and housing money. So. The tax dollars go to support a race car that brings in nothing but a $6 trophy. If ya win that is. So close em all. Young families everywhere would be much better off. Or. Keep em open to the high dollar classes only. Who gives a cheap if the rich kids want to waste their money on something to line the pockets of the track
pj

Sacramento, KY

#10 Feb 10, 2014
Really wrote:
I hope they close all those tracks for good. Let me explain: I see young families involved in the business of racing that can barely afford to live. How on earth can they possibly justify the expense of racing a car that needs repair after every use? I assure you the money would be better spent on kids clothes and food. I'm sure most of these families get food stamps, medical card and housing money. So. The tax dollars go to support a race car that brings in nothing but a $6 trophy. If ya win that is. So close em all. Young families everywhere would be much better off. Or. Keep em open to the high dollar classes only. Who gives a cheap if the rich kids want to waste their money on something to line the pockets of the track
Amen. Most live off the government. And throws 100's into car weekly
Idiots

Owensboro, KY

#11 Feb 10, 2014
I'm pretty sure most of the drivers aren't on welfare, food stamps and medical cards. But lets not focus on that for now. Lets focus on the ignorant logic used by "Really." The essence of his argument is, young families can't afford to race and therefore tracks should be closed. By this reasoning, or lack of reasoning rather, car lots should be closed because young families can't afford to buy new vehicles. Jewelry stores should be closed, nice restaurants, cell phone companies, basically anything that costs more than what a young family could afford. Only after all businesses are closed down, can young families make responsible decisions with their money. Lets not blame the irresponsible money management of a tiny group but rather companies and racetracks. What an idiot!
Idiots

Owensboro, KY

#12 Feb 10, 2014
Idiots. Your argument is flawed. Racing is a complete waste of money that's takes away from the spending if money at car lots restaurants and other places. If some one buys a car they have an asset. They would have more money to spend eating out. And maybe decent clothes for their kids. I would estimate that more than half the racer wannabes in the lower class are getting government assistance in one way or another. Opinions vary and that makes America great. I don't agree with what you say but I certainly support tour right to say it.
lol

Madison, TN

#13 Feb 11, 2014
Who cares
Idiots

Owensboro, KY

#14 Feb 11, 2014
It wasn't my argument. It was Really's. His argument is flawed. I simply gave a rebuttal and destroyed his stance. Racing is a complete waste of money.... So is smoking, drinking, drugs, expensive clothes, expensive coffees, McDonald's, Chuck-E-Cheese, vacations, and every other recreational activity you can conjure up. My argument was that you can't blame activities and businesses or sports for irresponsible money management. It's the person that is responsible and limiting options for others because a few jacka$$es don't have their priorities straight is not a solution. It's a ridiculous option that goes against the very fabric of America. You want to restrict options for all based on a few instead of allowing freedom. You're un-American as they come.
lol

Madison, TN

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Who cares
Wow

United States

#16 Feb 19, 2014
Idiots wrote:
Idiots. Your argument is flawed. Racing is a complete waste of money that's takes away from the spending if money at car lots restaurants and other places. If some one buys a car they have an asset. They would have more money to spend eating out. And maybe decent clothes for their kids. I would estimate that more than half the racer wannabes in the lower class are getting government assistance in one way or another. Opinions vary and that makes America great. I don't agree with what you say but I certainly support tour right to say it.
I can say that i race in the lower class and i am NOT on government assistance. Some may be but not all of us are!!! I work hard to feed my family and bills are paid then if money is left over for racing so be it!!! Racing is a hobby but for some it may be their life especially if they are retired!!! You can say what you want because everyone has their opinion. But racing will always continue whether its at windy or another track! I hope windy opens back up and changes are made. I have raced there and been going there most of my life and yes it needs changes but its a place that all racers and fans come together and help each other!!!!!
Wtf

Owensboro, KY

#17 Feb 19, 2014
It's a shame that good jobs with benefits are so hard to find for the families of the area. This person that want to close tracks to make people responsible with there money should buy American buy local to help the young families actually to help us all
Racer

Owensboro, KY

#18 Mar 27, 2014
Really wrote:
I hope they close all those tracks for good. Let me explain: I see young families involved in the business of racing that can barely afford to live. How on earth can they possibly justify the expense of racing a car that needs repair after every use? I assure you the money would be better spent on kids clothes and food. I'm sure most of these families get food stamps, medical card and housing money. So. The tax dollars go to support a race car that brings in nothing but a $6 trophy. If ya win that is. So close em all. Young families everywhere would be much better off. Or. Keep em open to the high dollar classes only. Who gives a cheap if the rich kids want to waste their money on something to line the pockets of the track
You must be a sheltered person!!! racing cars is not cheap!!! last i checked you couldnt buy race parts with food stamps!! point being, to have a race car, you must have a job!! its a sport just like baseball!! get out and live a little, then you might not be so shallow!!!
racing

Madison, TN

#19 Mar 27, 2014
Most of our successful racers are drug dealers,gamblers con's whatever they can do to make next big race.u cant work full time and be a pro u have to make money on the go.sell dope gamble or a parts dealer are your big time racers.
Really

Lewisport, KY

#20 Mar 28, 2014
Thing is they are not pros.and it was a very valid point. Take a look at how the drivers and fans live. Not even pay check to pay check. Just like Scott slaten gotta lil this and lil that going on the side. Prices are way out of the ball park, and for what? Crack head drivers in some p.o.s. cars slinging dirt. I love to race and I love to drive fast. My family's health and safety come first.
Truth

Duluth, GA

#21 Mar 28, 2014
Hopefully whoever gets this track fixes it the way it needs to be fixed. No more half a** coverups. It's like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound. But the sad part is that no matter the repairs made to the track, it's still going to be made up of crooks, cheaters, and hot heads. The honest man doesn't stand a chance. Every week is nothing but petty drama. This person is gonna whoop that persons a**, etc etc etc. Pathetic. It's like high school teenage drama. Absolutely ridiculous. I have been going to Windy for years, and after my child was hit with a brick I have not been back. In order to call it dirt racing, you must first be racing on DIRT. Nope, not at Windy. Welcome to Windy! Kentucky's Brick Track.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brea wade 14 min Wannabe 15
Name for baby boy 19 min Relatively 9
vanguard 40 min Friends 22
Derric Smith Beemer 42 min His Longtime Friend 4
Kirsten Henry/Bolin 46 min Eww 7
shantel swanagan 47 min smh 2
white convertable 1 hr Wet Seat 1
More from around the web

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]