St Pius X Daycare
New mommy

Elgin, TX

#1 Aug 27, 2011
Anyone have thoughts on St. Pius, trying to find a church daycare for my little girl
Loving Nanny

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 27, 2011
I am a professional nanny, I provide daycare from my home or yours, I am CPR and first aid certified with amazing references. Avaliable days/nights, weekdays or weekends, if all else fails I would love to hear from you! Good luck! Repost to me if your interested.
Anonymous

United States

#3 Aug 27, 2011
Awesome day care but when I got on wait list, she estimated 1 1/2 yr wait. Then when my child was born, we were told that it could not be determined how long we'd have to wait. We were also informed by other parents that unless you're really good friends with the girl who runs it, expect to be shuffled around on the list.
The day care workers appeared to be very attentive to the kids, and really worked with the older ones on educational activities. Place was spacious and clean, we even witnessed toys being sanitized at end of day. Good luck getting in there though!
concerned

Beaver Dam, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2011
East end angels is amazing! The director there is really friendly and my kids love it! I known its not a church day care but it is truely wonderful. We had an aweful experience at academy of learning so i would not recommend them at all
amdbjhg

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2011
St Pius daycare is great!! they got me In quick! and that's not true it has nothing to do with being friends with the Director! don't know where you got your information because it's FALSE and I know that for a FACT! daycare is great, clean and their great with babies all the way up to preschool! great daycare!!!!!

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#7 Aug 28, 2011
Let's see I wrked there like 5 yrs ago ANd I have also wrk at east end.. U make ur choice but I don't think I wld bring put my kids in either one jst sYing.. I love. Our lady of Lourdes daycare it's the beast :)))
Anonymous

United States

#8 Aug 28, 2011
No my info is not false, i got tired of waiting around on them. Luckily another good day care in town had an opening. St. Pius was my favorite after touring them all, but the wait list was extensive. And A personal friend told me that her relative's child got in quick due to who she knew. Why are you so defensive? Just because you got in quick doesn't mean it works that way for everyone! It's not like I said it was a terrible place, just giving my honest experience!
well

Owensboro, KY

#9 Aug 28, 2011
not good. when the city schools are closed for bad weather, they close too. very inconvenient.

Level 2

Since: Aug 11

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Aug 30, 2011
My sister works there, she LOVES IT!!!
HayRae

United States

#11 Sep 2, 2011
My neice goes there and she absolutely loves it.
anonymous

Beaver Dam, KY

#12 Sep 15, 2011
cam21 wrote:
Let's see I wrked there like 5 yrs ago ANd I have also wrk at east end.. U make ur choice but I don't think I wld bring put my kids in either one jst sYing.. I love. Our lady of Lourdes daycare it's the beast :)))
Really? who would say something like that? must be a little kid joking around.
anonymous

Beaver Dam, KY

#13 Sep 15, 2011
Really?> who would say something like that? never seen anyone try to break into the daycare. must be a little kid trying to be funny.
anonymous

Beaver Dam, KY

#14 Sep 15, 2011
concerned wrote:
East end angels is amazing! The director there is really friendly and my kids love it! I known its not a church day care but it is truely wonderful. We had an aweful experience at academy of learning so i would not recommend them at all
She may act like she's friendly but it's usually fake. I've seen this act many many times.
concerned parent

Owensboro, KY

#16 Jan 10, 2012
amdbjhg wrote:
St Pius daycare is great!! they got me In quick! and that's not true it has nothing to do with being friends with the Director! don't know where you got your information because it's FALSE and I know that for a FACT! daycare is great, clean and their great with babies all the way up to preschool! great daycare!!!!!
My child was allowed in this daycare within a weeks time of applying i knew the director and many of the workers, so true that it is easier to get in that way. I pulled my child out quickly though they don't take very good care of their children and all their kids are sick continuously. it wasn't worth my childs health and well being to keep them at this facility. Take it for what it's worth.
wth

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jan 10, 2012
You people are ridiculous! Who cares if the front door is proped open! And kids get sick how can u blame the daycare for that! Ya'll are a bunch of fools!
...

Mayfield, KY

#19 Jan 10, 2012
Loving Nanny wrote:
I am a professional nanny, I provide daycare from my home or yours, I am CPR and first aid certified with amazing references. Avaliable days/nights, weekdays or weekends, if all else fails I would love to hear from you! Good luck! Repost to me if your interested.
This has got to be Jamie tompson lol
mrscaliann

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Oct 29, 2013
My infant son attends this daycare and I LOVE it! I get constant updates on him, his teachers are incredibly attentive to him. The rooms are always clean and neat. I love how much his teachers and the directors care about him. I was hesitant to use any daycare, but after my experience with St. Pius X, I know I got lucky with this one, and I don't regret it. I know the only better hands he could be in would be my own. LOVE them.
frazier

Owensboro, KY

#22 Oct 30, 2013
I used to work there and I will say it was by far the best daycare I have worked in and I can tell u for certain the front door was probably not propped open because u have to be let in by Mickey or Brooke and if it was, it was because they were loading things in and had a close watch on it, as far as someone's kids being sick, it happends , kids get sick but they take all precautions they can to prevent spread
ifyouonlyknew

Madison, IN

#23 May 20, 2015
New mommy wrote:
Anyone have thoughts on St. Pius, trying to find a church daycare for my little girl
They hide how they really are. Just like how they found this post and had people post to defend their business.
yep
#24 May 20, 2015
Loving Nanny wrote:
I am a professional nanny, I provide daycare from my home or yours, I am CPR and first aid certified with amazing references. Avaliable days/nights, weekdays or weekends, if all else fails I would love to hear from you! Good luck! Repost to me if your interested.
I would not let you watch a rabbit you loser piece of sh##

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
angie luttrell (Jan '15) 4 min Hellzangel34 8
Angie luttrell 6 min Hellzangel34 15
Baby daddy need to get on wit his triflin self 1 hr Jus meeee 12
Humane Society in Owensboro 1 hr Sad 24
men who say another woman's name in sleep (Jul '12) 2 hr sai 44
Brian Wiseman 3 hr truth 19
Aaron Shelton cheating liar 3 hr truth 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages